What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just the OME 2 inch, and the leveling spacer. It rubs a little, ill crawl around and check it out tomorrow mornin, but nothing worse than the Methods before

38132A12-BC7A-4442-B053-7BF1E14BA1A2.jpeg

Rhino rack added

Smart. Did they seem dry?

No. Based on what I read on here it seemed like some were fairly dry leaving the factory. The spiders oozed grease after ~ 2 pumps each. The slip yokes very clearly had grease in them as well.

I also took the time to smear marine grease on lots of the frame welds underneath the truck. Hit the KDSS assemblies when the truck had 8 miles on it.

How does it ride? Any rubbing issues?
Ride is very smooth (Opted for load range C) and more quiet than I expected. There was slight rubbing on the front mud flaps and front of the wheel wells. Remedied most of it with a heat gun and a little massaging.

Ride is very smooth (Opted for load range C) and more quiet than I expected. There was slight rubbing on the front mud flaps and front of the wheel wells. Remedied most of it with a heat gun and a little massaging.

Any change in fuel economy? I’m wondering if the tread pattern and size plays more of a role in fuel economy degradation than weight does. Your answer would help me get a better feel for that.

I have 275/70/17 but 10 ply E rated KO2’s and I’ve seen about a 3-4MPG decrease over the Michelin 285/50/20 all season defenders I had on prior.

I REALLY appreciate less body roll, and the larger 10 plys have helped curb a bit of the excess roll the LX has. I don’t know that the LC suffers from the same fate.

Any change in fuel economy? I’m wondering if the tread pattern and size plays more of a role in fuel economy degradation than weight does. Your answer would help me get a better feel for that.

I have 275/70/17 but 10 ply E rated KO2’s and I’ve seen about a 3-4MPG decrease over the Michelin 285/50/20 all season defenders I had on prior.

I REALLY appreciate less body roll, and the larger 10 plys have helped curb a bit of the excess roll the LX has. I don’t know that the LC suffers from the same fate.

IIRC, I believe you're running 0 offset wheels. With small diameter rims and higher profile sidewall?

I'm not surprised that this may be the impression you're getting. As you mention, the additional sidewall stiffness is really helping with body roll. The sidewalls are likely rolling over under hard corning, adding to the sense of lost roll stiffness of the suspension. Large positive scrub radius on account of the wheel offset is impacting suspension geometry, causing uneven pneumatic trail loading of the tire sidewall, and exacerbating rollover of the sidewall.

I think you can improve the situation greatly with wheels that have more appropriate offset.

Last edited:

Honestly, fuel economy did not factor into my decision much at all. I did try to keep unsprung weight down by choosing 6-ply over 10-ply, but I haven’t even looked at my fuel economy since the install. The LC is currently at the dealership for brakes and TPMS. I can check for any significant fuel economy changes later this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: HGB
IIRC, I believe you're running 0 offset wheels. With small diameter rims and higher profile sidewall?

I'm not surprised that this may be the impression you're getting. As you mention, the additional sidewall stiffness is really helping with body roll. The sidewalls are likely rolling over under hard corning, adding to the sense of lost roll stiffness of the suspension. Large positive scrub radius on account of the wheel offset is impacting suspension geometry, causing uneven pneumatic trail loading of the tire sidewall, and exacerbating rollover of the sidewall.

I think you can improve the situation greatly with wheels that have more appropriate offset.

You’re correct! But I love how it handles with the 0 offset wheels. It’s worth a huge dip in fuel economy. The way the lx handled from factory is the only thing I really didn’t like about the truck. I’m thrilled now. Handles much more like a sporty Ute.

Installed Jowett filter housing and drain plug kit. Switched to Kirkland (Costco) 5w-30, 171k, noticeable reduction in valve train noise but still there, of course. Also discovered quite a few missing factory belly pan bolts, and one spinner on the passenger side front pan, really glad it wasn't the left. Can live with that for now!

Next weekend we grease the shafts. Green grease still the board favorite?

You’re correct! But I love how it handles with the 0 offset wheels. It’s worth a huge dip in fuel economy. The way the lx handled from factory is the only thing I really didn’t like about the truck. I’m thrilled now. Handles much more like a sporty Ute.

Love their methods. Quite surprising how much more stable footed it feels with the wider stance. And I bet you noticed no change in steering feel?

Reactions: HGB
Honestly, fuel economy did not factor into my decision much at all. I did try to keep unsprung weight down by choosing 6-ply over 10-ply, but I haven’t even looked at my fuel economy since the install. The LC is currently at the dealership for breaks and TPMS. I can check for any significant fuel economy changes later this week.

Thank you brother! Yes I agree we don’t buy or modify these with fuel economy in mind but I’m curious to know which aspect affects fuel more, as if it’s minimal people may opt for the stronger 10 ply over 6 .

Love their methods. Quite surprising how much more stable footed it feels with the wider stance. And I bet you noticed no change in steering feel?

Thank you my man. Steering feel is something I didn’t notice a change in, but now that you mentioned it I paid attention to it while driving. This might be placebo, but it feels a tiny bit heavier, more like my sports cars. But I also did an AHC flush yesterday and felt so much difference so it could have been from that. I have about 273k km (169K miles) and the AHC fluid was never changed until now. I feel a night and day difference. Truck drives like a new 200 now.

Last edited:
Any Lithium based chasis grease NLGI 2 will work in all locations (Slip/Slide Yokes & Universal/Spiders Joints). I purchased Lucas #2 Red "N" Tacky.

Chassis Grease / Lubrication Info

LC200 Chassis Lubrication.JPG

Front Propeller Shaft

LC200 Front Propeller Shaft2.JPG

LC200 Front Propeller Shaft.JPG

Rear Propeller Shaft
LC200 Rear Propeller Shaft2.JPG

1600628451763.jpeg

Installed Jowett filter housing and drain plug kit. Switched to Kirkland (Costco) 5w-30, 171k, noticeable reduction in valve train noise but still there, of course. Also discovered quite a few missing factory belly pan bolts, and one spinner on the passenger side front pan, really glad it wasn't the left. Can live with that for now!

I recently picked up a couple gallons of their oil too. Haven’t used it yet. Maybe next oil change. can’t beat the price. Any idea who makes their kirkland oil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom