What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys and your fancy handles... I put one of these pull tabs on each side of the tray, with the tab part obviously above and grab-able. It's held for 1.5+ years like this, with the tray being removed 2-4x per week. Amazon product ASIN B0751RPD3V Bonus is that you can use the wall hooks...

You need an adjustable panhard bar to get the axle centered again
I added the Dobinsons adjustable panhard and it got me centered again. About 1/4” longer than stock does it.

i had one tpms died on me abt 10 months ago and i just wasnt replacing that and living with orange triangle. finally bought 5 tpms from amazon denso brand for cheap and took it to shop and had them replace all 5 sensors and balance tires couple of days ago. Yesterday took time to change rear differential oil, it wasnt as bad as i was expecting. it was dark yellow color and viscoisty was still like new, the magnet barely had any sludge on it. @208k miles now.

Got rid of a big chunk of chrome on the tailgate.
PnF3+h6mTXqMqee1YVe%Hg.jpg
CWyVtM6TRKKoyh7wXtyOWQ.jpg

Got rid of a big chunk of chrome on the tailgate. View attachment 2213725View attachment 2213726
LOL.....
You read my mind Dude......I just removed that piece myself and it was a B to get it out.....PLEASE post pics after you are done.....I also remove the sombero emblem on top and Blacked it out.....

Did I misread it? That is the finished product with your pic? Graphite Metallic is light but looks good

In the vain name of “stance” I installed 1.25” spacers all around. It looks so much better and may convince me to go with the “big fat” 305/65s next tire change 😆

71E80777-03EF-4D18-A722-DE2F9C6F3753.jpeg

683C9EF0-9191-49D5-8411-A51D658365BA.jpeg

3550B098-796B-4E5B-B5E5-644B47DE4B88.jpeg

Added all LED lights
Lowbeam, highbeam, fog lights

it made a big diff in brightness from stock

View attachment 2212343
OE were halogen right? I am contemplating upgrading to LEDs, but read that it scatters a lot and blinds the oncoming traffic.

someone recommended Osram Unlimited night breaker halogen instead of LEDs.

what’s your experience so far?

OE were halogen right? I am contemplating upgrading to LEDs, but read that it scatters a lot and blinds the oncoming traffic.

I don't know what year yours is but generally putting LED's in "reflector" housings will scatter the light, blind oncoming traffic and give you less or equal actual light on the road. If your putting them in a "projector" housing you should see a big improvement assuming you adjust them accordingly or you will also blind oncoming traffic. I installed the Night Breakers in my wife's 4Runner high beams and saw little if any difference. They (Night Breakers) also don't last nearly as long as the stock halogen bulb.

I believe its a matter of personal preference with LED’s over stock Halogen. Why? Because when ppl say it scatters, they mean it’s brighter than the normal ray of stock light in front of you. They are not used to the brightness LED’s give out...

I have LED’s on my rides (M3, GS350 F Sport, Cayenne GTS, Trail 4Runner, SC430, LC200)
Love it n again my preference

I believe its a matter of personal preference with LED’s over stock Halogen. Why? Because when ppl say it scatters, they mean it’s brighter than the normal ray of stock light in front of you. They are not used to the brightness LED’s give out...

I have LED’s on my rides (M3, GS350 F Sport, Cayenne GTS, Trail 4Runner, SC430, LC200)
Love it n again my preference
No. When "ppl" say it scatters it means that the light is not focused on the road. Installing HID or LED lights in reflector housings not designed for them blinds oncoming traffic and is illegal.

I added a pickup tailgate LED brake/turn signal light bar on the roof rack for added visibility.

No. When "ppl" say it scatters it means that the light is not focused on the road. Installing HID or LED lights in reflector housings not designed for them blinds oncoming traffic and is illegal.

Perhaps it is brighter and again a personal preference. It does not blind oncoming drivers as I have seen brand new trucks with bright lights as described. Stick with what y'all are comfortable with.

LOL.....
You read my mind Dude......I just removed that piece myself and it was a B to get it out.....PLEASE post pics after you are done.....I also remove the sombero emblem on top and Blacked it out.....

Did I misread it? That is the finished product with your pic? Graphite Metallic is light but looks good
That's the finished product and I painted it in place,nothing removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom