What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced everything in the front but the spindle and caliper over the last two days. Got the winch and bumper mounted and painted the wheels today. Need to finish welding the frame repair, mount the snorkel and wire the lights, and then start actually driving the damn thing again. It's been 3 months... the battery even died. Can't wait to see what it drives like though.

20220414_223000.jpg

20220414_223020.jpg

20220414_224045.jpg

20220414_222753.jpg

Replaced everything in the front but the spindle and caliper over the last two days. Got the winch and bumper mounted and painted the wheels today. Need to finish welding the frame repair, mount the snorkel and wire the lights, and then start actually driving the damn thing again. It's been 3 months... the battery even died. Can't wait to see what it drives like though.

View attachment 2981952

View attachment 2981961

Will those upper control arms give you more wheel travel?

So, just out of curiosity, did I do something I can't undo, or is there no way to remove the rear bumper without removing the towing hitch? The rear most (2) center bolts looked impossible to remove since they back out right into the frame of the hitch. I just ended up cutting the plastic tabs off.

Anyways, today I took measurements for a project that can hopefully benefit all of us. I will make a thread about it if everything works out.

View attachment 2981841
Cool number plate 🤣 …. Oregon DMV staff obviously not multilingual 🤐

Cool number plate 🤣 …. Oregon DMV staff obviously not multilingual 🤐
Ironically there’s a lot of Russian speaking people working at DMV. The old Russian orthodox believers community is big in my area.

You know there is an easy way to check if the bulb is burnt
Which is? I've got the techstream cable hanging from the OBD port still - does it light on starting and then go out if faults aren't found like most cars? I'm not sure whether mine's doing that at the moment; I'd have to check.

Was mostly a joke. I hope it's not burnt out, I don't want to have to pull the cluster out to change a stupid CEL bulb, that is for sure. If I was a certain kind of jerk it'd make it easier to sell one day, though.

Which is? I've got the techstream cable hanging from the OBD port still - does it light on starting and then go out if faults aren't found like most cars? I'm not sure whether mine's doing that at the moment; I'd have to check.

Was mostly a joke. I hope it's not burnt out, I don't want to have to pull the cluster out to change a stupid CEL bulb, that is for sure. If I was a certain kind of jerk it'd make it easier to sell one day, though.
I think some CELs take drive cycles to clear, so you may have just needed to drive for a while after your MAF repair.

Yeah it should turn on when you first turn on the ignition.

Nothing too crazy. Cleaned up some tundra wheels for the new owner that's coming by. Then went and applied clearbra material underneath the wind deflector so the roof isn't marred anymore than it already is. Replaced those hideous silver bolts for some black oxide ones so it matches the rest of the hardware. Plus my daughter cut me some vinyl of our family crest so it's now proudly adorned on my DIY roof rack.

1650064719438.png

1650064737993.png

Ironically there’s a lot of Russian speaking people working at DMV. The old Russian orthodox believers community is big in my area.
how in the world have you not been flagged LMAO i friggin love it

Today I found some time to get the seats out of the 98 LC that has become a parts vehicle due to an unforeseen boating accident. They suck but they will do for now.
If any of you are parting out an LX I could use some pieces of the seat wiring harness as the prior owner sniped them. The prior owner managed to also break a nut cert on the passenger seat and had to cut that off. Getting there and hopefully next week the blinkers will be hooked up and we can hit a trail!

277600475_679035016640024_2848605733561831526_n.jpg

277908843_294238799532939_4737877570869146460_n.jpg

278101735_868381410594150_9132830322007498111_n.jpg

278465547_529587682087211_4836578600801391649_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom