What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I appreciate the compliment. I’m sure extending the weight of the tire more toward the center would naturally increase the stress on any hinge/bearing setup. How much more I don’t know. With that being said it would not stop me from building it that way. 👍
It would increase linearly. 20% longer lever arm = 20% more stress. Send it!

I appreciate the compliment. I’m sure extending the weight of the tire more toward the center would naturally increase the stress on any hinge/bearing setup. How much more I don’t know. With that being said it would not stop me from building it that way. 👍
Like the 200, the tail light of the late model LX is it’s rear end signature at night. Pls don’t mind too much on this photo, I believe this is a rendering version of what Khann made, this is the only rear picture I can find that showcased their factory-looking spare tire swingout similar to what you just executed.
2DCCF12A-6B48-43DD-9C0A-199EA619C521.jpeg

This is the actual:
E945A781-7DA6-4E2C-B19C-A1AD6FD50C99.jpeg

What if you mounted some sort of clip mechanism onto the tailgate that the swinging frame would latch onto hence bearing most of the weight most of the time … the only time the hinge would be taking all the weight would be when open … awesome work 😎

Finally got the Eibach shocks, OME springs, and Slee diff drop completely on. Drives awesome. I'll have a clearer picture once I get the stance I want with the t bars adjusted more (might need to reindex/ get replacements) but so far so good. Took me about 4 days total over 3 weeks on my very not-level gravel and dirt driveway. Easily could have been done quicker. Finished up at 7:30 pm yesterday and by 7:30am there was 8" of snow on the ground....gotta love spring in the mountains.

Finally got the Eibach shocks, OME springs, and Slee diff drop completely on. Drives awesome. I'll have a clearer picture once I get the stance I want with the t bars adjusted more (might need to reindex/ get replacements) but so far so good. Took me about 4 days total over 3 weeks on my very not-level gravel and dirt driveway. Easily could have been done quicker. Finished up at 7:30 pm yesterday and by 7:30am there was 8" of snow on the ground....gotta love spring in the mountains.
I was looking at icon stage 1, which is a 3-4 month wait time. How long did this take to appear on your doorstep from order? I need a set for the front asap.

Bought another one. I’ve been driving new LC/LX’s for the last 30 years as my DD. Still have an 2012 that my wife is using. In 2020 I bought a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that I built as my (not sure if I like the name) overlander rig. While it’s very capable off road I’ve never been happy with it’s road manners or reliability. So today I picked up an 05 LX that I plan to build and use as a desert/long range vehicle. Really appreciate this site for all the great info. Before I bought the Rubicon I built a really nice Cherokee that my wife said was to loud and rough. After I built the Rubicon she said it wasn’t as comfortable or as quite as our LX. We have a new LX600 on order I just hope she doesn’t compare the 05 LX to the 22 LX when I’m done.

6BCC4C73-1626-4D94-B6D2-1A601C9B8D80.jpeg

I was looking at icon stage 1, which is a 3-4 month wait time. How long did this take to appear on your doorstep from order? I need a set for the front asap.
I ordered shocks/springs/drop from Slee on a Wednesday afternoon and they showed up at work Friday morning. Granted, I live in the same state and only 3 hours away. I chatted with them a couple times over the phone, great experience.

Should note that I'm not running aftermarket bumpers or any trunk mounted fixtures nor am I planning on doing so

I ordered shocks/springs/drop from Slee on a Wednesday afternoon and they showed up at work Friday morning. Granted, I live in the same state and only 3 hours away. I chatted with them a couple times over the phone, great experience.

Should note that I'm not running aftermarket bumpers or any trunk mounted fixtures nor am I planning on doing so
Thanks for the details. Looks like these won't fit my needs, mainly due to the weight on mine.

What have I done? I crossed 210K miles!

Then, this morning, just a short while ago, I pulled up to get my inspection done. I pull up to the bay, and my brakes get real soft, pedal suddenly is going all the way to the floor.

Yup, I blew a brake line, literally pulling up to the inspection bay, to get an inspection. It’s a coiled line right under the reservoir. I need to look through my manuals to find the part number, unless someone knows it. We are going on a trip next week!

What if you mounted some sort of clip mechanism onto the tailgate that the swinging frame would latch onto hence bearing most of the weight most of the time … the only time the hinge would be taking all the weight would be when open … awesome work 😎
Something like that could work but it would be more complicated and I like simple. My initial plan was to buy the 4xinnovations swing out kit and make that work. I think their products are top notch and reasonably priced. I wish they got into the 100 series game and made some full bumpers.

I also had mine removed, and a magnaflow muffler welded in. I also have DT headers, I cut the resonator off and welded a straight pipe in its place. Very balanced and mellow V8 sound. I like it.
How's highway drone?

Cross-post: I pulled my aftermarket DVD (which has been dead for years, and is now rattling nonstop), and now have a gaping hole in the headliner, as expected. Anyone have ideas on a 3D printed, plastic and/or wood (sandalwood?) panel that I can use to cover the hole, then mount the OEM dome light to?

AA3F96B9-246B-4262-B9C4-F37CB4BC48AC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom