What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've bought a few of these different types over the years and they're 99% the same size.

They might be a hair different... and that's an easy fix.

The stock one it's just a bit smaller.

I'm really digging this. Got any more info?
It's a pretty easy job. I took the carpet out of the back and used that for a template. For the piece on the tailgate I used the factory board as a template to make a new one, then attached the linoleum with spray adhesive and finished the top off with the factory plastic trim piece. I have some black trim on order to finish the rest of the edge on the tailgate. The larger piece in the back is held in place by tucking extra under all the edges and capturing it under the plastic pieces for the seat mounts.

Very grateful for the opportunity to participate in the MetalTech Group Buy by the DCLCC. I was able to grab their Rock Sliders (Raw) for my ‘05 LX.

So I removed the OEM Side Steps

IMG_3238.JPG

Hit the MetalTechs with some scotch pads and finished them off with some mineral spirits to remove the oil and dirt and squirted them with some RustOleum Clear Satin finish.

B4ED6541-985A-42CB-99BC-FA7DF3B28AF9.jpeg

Special Thanks to Ryan and his Posse at OTRAMM @belowdeckfab for the free Tech Day the weekend prior to the Club’s 18th Annual Fall Crawl. I got them mounted with help from @Toyotas4life and boy did they come in handy.

A Most Awesome Adventure was had by all over this past weekend at the 18th Annual Fall Crawl. The Cove at Gore, VA provided access to an awesome T&E environment. Almost 100 Toyota vehicles came from around the NCR (DC/MD/VA), NY, NJ, PA and NC and it set a new Sell Out record of just ~17 hours.

2F3ACFC0-AA9E-494F-98BA-C96E691A5C6D.jpeg

The above pic doesn't do justice to the downhill captured here, while waiting for my turn between the trees and over the rocks on this Green All Day run on Saturday afternoon. Special Props to @JohnVee and @FJCowboy and @Svensk120 for Trail Leadership/Guidance.

Cheers mates,
Griff sends

Last edited:
Very grateful for the opportunity to participate in the MetalTech Group Buy by the DCLCC. I was able to grab their Rock Sliders (Raw) for my ‘05 LX.

View attachment 2821288

Hit them with some scotch pads and finished them off with some mineral spirits to remove the oil and dirt and squirted them with some RustOleum Clear Satin finish.

View attachment 2821289

Special Thanks to Ryan and his Posse at OTRAMM @belowdeckfab for the free Tech Day the weekend prior to the Club’s 18th Annual Fall Crawl. I got them mounted with help from @Toyotas4life and boy did they come in handy.

A Most Awesome Adventure was had by all over this past weekend at the 18th Annual Fall Crawl. The Cove at Gore, VA provided access to an awesome T&E environment. Almost 100 Toyota vehicles came from around the NCR (DC/MD/VA), NY, NJ, PA and NC and it set a new Sell Out record of just ~17 hours.

View attachment 2821294

The above pic doesn't do justice to the downhill captured here, while waiting for my turn between the trees and over the rocks on this Green All Day run on Saturday afternoon. Special Props to @JohnVee and @FJCowboy for Trail Leadership/Guidance.

Cheers mates,
Griff sends
When was the group buy? Is it still on?

As some of you may recall my house mate's pet pigs ripped the rear bumper off the 105 a few months ago.... but the good news is a replacement arrived on a a ship to the Island last week. I'll fit it soon.

Probably.

On Sunday we thought we'd test the newish Rola roof tray with some wild barbecue ingredients. It's a good rack and seems fairly corrosion resistant.

IMG_7141.JPG

When was the group buy? Is it still on?
As far as I know it was available for the CLCC.

I got her stuck in the sand, soft, wet sand on an incline, it was the dog's fault, she was sleeping on the beach behind my truck and i didn't want to wake her up so i moved forward and then got stuck. A trac kicked in but it kept digging the truck further and further, finally had to bust out the recovery tracks.

51631793358_c9fa0ffca9_h.jpg

51632217784_f999ea87df_h.jpg

51631608896_084969f933_h.jpg

51632257159_233f64c0f7_h.jpg

I got her stuck in the sand, soft, wet sand on an incline, it was the dog's fault, she was sleeping on the beach behind my truck and i didn't want to wake her up so i moved forward and then got stuck. A trac kicked in but it kept digging the truck further and further, finally had to bust out the recovery tracks.

51631793358_c9fa0ffca9_h.jpg

51632217784_f999ea87df_h.jpg

51631608896_084969f933_h.jpg

51632257159_233f64c0f7_h.jpg
Did you air down at all?

Yep, 20psi, could've gone lower but this was quicksand, it would dig into itself no matter what you do. My rims are 9" wide i was afraid of losing a bead if i went down too much.
@JohnVee taught me a valuable lesson during the Fall Crawl... I too thought 20-22 pounds would be down enough to make the difference but it really depends on your sidewall flex for maximum traction. ~15-18 pounds will get you that. At least for me, it made an incredible difference over rocks while climbing... I know of only one tire that lost it's bead during the Fall Crawl and thank God we were on the flats when it occurred...:(

@prharper also broke out a very cool tire air (four hose) management system he researched... INDEFLATE IS AN AWESOME PRODUCT...

Depending on your compressor, it makes the air down/up process tons easier.

Last edited:
Just got her some new shoes this afternoon and I think she likes them. I went from the stock tire size to a 275/70/18. Really made a world of difference in the look and the ride is great . I shoud have done this years ago.

256EC8E6-0D5D-4AA6-AEF4-CC372D3146E7.jpeg

FEC13245-F876-42D9-8F83-218616E36419.jpeg

2CA3AFE9-8A5B-4FA3-B216-2998E867AA31.jpeg

5911CF77-C495-400B-A55C-8C3AEC455582.jpeg

9702AF5C-98D6-4741-8B7D-64B6201A4B68.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 2822617

Hit the MetalTechs with some scotch pads and finished them off with some mineral spirits to remove the oil and dirt and squirted them with some RustOleum Clear Satin finish.

View attachment 2821289

View attachment 2821294

The above pic doesn't do justice to the downhill captured here, while waiting for my turn between the trees and over the rocks on this Green All Day run on Saturday afternoon. Special Props to @JohnVee and @FJCowboy and @Svensk120 for Trail Leadership/Guidance.

Cheers mates,
Griff sends
You and the 100 did awesome! there were some seriously tight areas that you were able to get though.

@JohnVee taught me a valuable lesson during the Fall Crawl... I too thought 20-22 pounds would be down enough to make the difference but it really depends on your sidewall flex for maximum traction. ~15-18 pounds will get you that. At least for me, it made an incredible difference over rocks while climbing... I know of only one tire that lost it's bead during the Fall Crawl and thank God we were on the flats when it occurred...:(

@prharper also broke out a very cool tire air (four hose) management system he researched... INDEFLATE IS AN AWESOME PRODUCT...

Depending on your compressor, it makes the air down/up process tons easier.
@JohnVee and I told you that you would see a difference!! You might lose a small very small amount of clearance but the traction is worth it!

Actually there were 2 people that lost a bead at the Fall Crawl. Both were fixed in good old fashion redneck ways...starter fluid and a lighter!

oh speaking of good kit to have on the trail here is a link to that Hi-Lift adaptor I used to lift on my slider.

it really does make it a bit safer to use... even though I hate to use a Hi-lift unless I have too. Remember that "flat" area wasn't too flat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom