What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much were they?
Not an easy answer... MetalTech used my rig to prototype the ones they now sell, so I got a bit of a deal. It was also several years ago, so you'd have to check their website to see. Or you could drive to their place in Newberg and check them out.

Picked up a 100 a few months ago and I’m getting it dialed in for our family’s uses. Built a rear cargo shelf that weighs almost nothing, removes quickly, and doubles the useable space when loading groceries, gear, and misc stuff. We’re a full time third row family so finding ways to stay organized and maximize storage space is an ongoing battle.

C41022EF-0EB1-4D62-AFC3-753E787F81E9.jpeg

125EF610-754E-4E71-96CF-8F564C992022.jpeg

0C9B3E57-0635-42D7-894D-8F6BDD9948D4.jpeg

8C82FB3E-35C2-4840-A5C6-813FE2F1D9FF.jpeg

4468C8E7-B88D-493C-AA2D-E3C2B7F69202.jpeg

Washed them. Project 250 is still sitting but her time in the garage is coming...

I have been putting the 90K service off for awhile now. But I think it needs to happen sooner than later (185K). Also still fighting the bank one lean code. Have to get it ready for winter.

MaineiacMoose

PXL_20210929_200613070.jpg

PXL_20210929_205416942.MP~2.jpg

Washed them. Project 250 is still sitting but her time in the garage is coming...

I have been putting the 90K service off for awhile now. But I think it needs to happen sooner than later (185K). Also still fighting the bank one lean code. Have to get it ready for winter.

MaineiacMoose

View attachment 2799594

View attachment 2799596

Bank one lean code is most likely a vacuum leak, my money is on the failed intake gasket

Does anyone need anything off of the old rear lift gate before she’s goes? Wiring, rear wiper motor (stud broke off in), latch, etc? The fin is stuck on by two striped bolts and I intend to keep it, no trim or brake light.View attachment 2796267
Still have the V8 badge??

Fitted the custom Loncky leather steering wheel cover to the factory rubber one. No sewing experience prior if you're interested in these all you need to know is how to tie a knot and thread shoelaces lol.. Comes with enough string to do 5 wheels, it was a little tight in some places so in a few weeks I might redo some stitching. All up very nice for well under $100!

20210930_121211.jpg

20210930_115518.jpg

Last edited:
Fitted the custom Lonckey leather steering wheel cover to the factory rubber one. No sewing experience prior if you're interested in these all you need to know is how to tie a knot and thread shoelaces lol.. Comes with enough string to do 5 wheels, it was a little tight in some places so in a few weeks I might redo some stitching. All up very nice for well under $100!

View attachment 2799670

View attachment 2799671
I want to order this but for the life of me I'm not sure what color to order. I think my wheel is grey with tan interior

Picked up a 100 a few months ago and I’m getting it dialed in for our family’s uses. Built a rear cargo shelf that weighs almost nothing, removes quickly, and doubles the useable space when loading groceries, gear, and misc stuff. We’re a full time third row family so finding ways to stay organized and maximize storage space is an ongoing battle.

View attachment 2799462

View attachment 2799463

View attachment 2799464

View attachment 2799466

View attachment 2799467
Dang, very nice! Great idea, nice touch making it the height of the 3rd row when folded, doubles the function! Great job

Dang, very nice! Great idea, nice touch making it the height of the 3rd row when folded, doubles the function! Great job
Thanks! It’s been really handy so far. This was kind of a prototype to see if the idea was any good, might make a couple changes and pretty up the design.

Just finished up with my Ironman bumper install, too. For the price, with the 25% discount, it's a tough deal to beat.

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

So I was on an off road trip with some mates in Poland, broke a fan, broke a radiator and then the big one my AHC.

I really like the AHC system. It makes driving very nice and smooths out all the small cracks in the road.
With correct neutral pressures, some King springs & reindexed torsion bars I was quite fast off road.

Unfortunately my Landcruiser has some rust and the line to the left rear shock developed a hole and fluid started to come out.
I drove home from Poland to the Netherlands in a Lowered Land Cruiser and thought about how I was going to fix it.

I had already repaired some lines, replaced the accumulator and some height sensors in the past and I do know the system.
Upon closer inspection all my AHC lines are really rusted, they all will need replacing in the near future.
In the past I said I would not get rid of the AHC, but these lines are expensive, replacing is a lot of work and I am being rough on the suspension.
So I thought it was time for something different. I knew someone who did some rally driving in a 100 series with Ironman Foamcell Pro suspension.
I talked to him, searched for reviews online and ordered the following components:

Front torsion bars - TOY051 (I have a Diesel)
Front Foam Cell Pro shock absorbers - 45795FEP
Diff Drop Kit - IDD100

Rear Springs - TOY013B
Rear Foam Cell Pro shock absorbers - 45796FEP (not in stock, borrowed some used ones)
Rear Upper Trailing Arms - UTA003
Rear Lower Trailing Arms - LTA003

While installing everything this week I replaced Everything, front LCA & UCA, Seals, Wheel Bearings, Needle Bearings, all bushings in the front & rear suspension and I sandblasted and painted all reused parts.
When I had all the suspension off the car and had the rear axle hanging off a few straps it was time to tackle frame rust.
Knocked off all the loose stuff with a Needle scaler, then a wire wheel on a grinder, wire wheel on a drill, wire brush, degrease & paint. A lot of work but really worth it in the end. Lower control arm bushing (the one in the frame) was a bit of a pain. One pressed out easy, the other one I had to cut and chisel out. I replaced those with OEM.

First step was removing the AHC, it was hard to reach and there was some rust on the bolts so we used a sawzall to cut off the shocks.
Here is the Cruiser up in the air, all parts taken off. You can see some parts hanging on steel wire being painted:
Up in the air.jpg

Rear suspension installed, as you can see I only painted the axle where the new suspension mounts. The rest I can reach later:
rear axle.jpeg

Four new trailing arms, I replaced the bushings of the Transverse / Panhard Bar:
New Trailing arms.jpeg

New Axles, Dust shields, Sway Bar Bushings, Seals, Wheel bearings, Needle bearings, UCA, LCA, ABS sensor, DIY extended sway bar links (Extended normal ones with a piece of thick wall pipe):
New axles, dust shields, seals, needle bearings, etc.jpeg

Sandblasted, painted and assembled the wheel hub with some new Brembo Brakes, OEM bearings and all new hardware:
Front suspension put together.jpg

The suspension has 50mm / 2 inches of lift. I adjusted the front torsion bars to 540mm, it gives me enough rake. I will see how that changes once I get the spare back under and load up the back. Installing the new suspension was easy and fast compared to cleaning the frame & body before painting.
It rides just a bit firmer that my (modified with king springs) AHC, bottoming out isn't really an issue anymore I can take every speedbump at speed, had the wheels of the ground a few times and Really, Really like the new suspension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom