What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I had this bright idea of removing the Lexus and LX470 badges of a BLACK truck. 17 years and the shilouette of the lettering pretty much baked into the paint. Tried to polish it out and well done of the paint burned through womp womp. Now I have more reasons to wrap it 😁
What pads and compounds did you use to attempt to remove it?

Cherry bomb on a Hundy. What is happening to the world I knew? Handheld computers they call "cellphones". "Cutting the cord" in favor of "streaming". Battery powered cars that go 200 miles.

What was wrong with 4 on the floor and carbs (and I'm not referring to counting calories)?

Where's my gdamn wheelchair and specs?!
I post video for your enjoyment sometime soon….

What pads and compounds did you use to attempt to remove it?
Started of with orange and Adams swirl/scratch them moved up blue pad with polish. Should've known that portion of the trail gate is thin on paint c'est la vie

Quick shower

20210912_171954.jpg

20210912_173913.jpg

Received @BenCC goodies...

20210912_212603.jpg

MVIMG_20210911_154645.jpg

Lifted the tyre mount on this factory wheel carrier I found dumped in the bush, needs some of the tube repaired due to rust, some of the parts I ordered came from UAE, the others are still in transit from Japan, mainly waiting on the 2 latches for the top and bottom tailgates

IMG_20210913_135948.jpg

What a PITA it was to replace the flasher relay....I'd like to have a tough talk with the Toyota/Lexus engineer that designed this :bang: Took me over an hour to replace it, and still the OEM flasher is still somewhere under the dash. I was able to get the connector unplugged from it after snaking in a 10mm socket with a bunch of wobbly extensions to remove that bracket.

Cherry bomb on a Hundy. What is happening to the world I knew? Handheld computers they call "cellphones". "Cutting the cord" in favor of "streaming". Battery powered cars that go 200 miles.

What was wrong with 4 on the floor and carbs (and I'm not referring to counting calories)?

Where's my gdamn wheelchair and specs?!
Well, see they first invented a wheel and it all went downhill from there!

More on topic. I greased some drive shafts and and installed courtesy lights using the @Ramathorn15 supplied brackets ( LX470/Land Cruiser 100 Series LED Rock Light Brackets - https://owlexpedition.com/collections/100-series-land-cruiser-lx470/products/100-series-land-cruiser-lx470-led-puddle-rock-lights-deposit )
and some Amazon supplied LEDs: Amazon product ASIN B08QND2SV7
I should get shots at night, but I am happy to report my wife and kids were impressed by them!

What a PITA it was to replace the flasher relay....I'd like to have a tough talk with the Toyota/Lexus engineer that designed this :bang: Took me over an hour to replace it, and still the OEM flasher is still somewhere under the dash. I was able to get the connector unplugged from it after snaking in a 10mm socket with a bunch of wobbly extensions to remove that bracket.
There are few LEDs available in the market with resistance built-in to avoid flashing, FYI

.......installed courtesy lights using the @Ramathorn15 supplied brackets

I did a slightly different version of this using truck bed LED strips from Amazon. Got the idea from @FxFormat . I stuck them on the inside of the rockers for 2 reasons, (1) To minimize the spread of light and keep it close enough to the body of the LX, and (2) When my sliders get installed, I wouldn't need to relocate them from where they currently installed. I can assure you that the 2 x 60 LED strips are bright enough to also work under the truck at night, if needed. They are wired to the running board light circuit. I plan to install the 3rd strip from this set under the hood, and switched through a plunger switch so they will come on when the hood is opened.

i-WchH88Z-X2.jpg

i-BPxc65q-X2.jpg

There are few LEDs available in the market with resistance built-in to avoid flashing, FYI
That I know. I had the hyperflashing going after installing the Ironman front bumper that comes with the LED turn signals. Hence the need to replace the flasher, or I'd have to add resisters inline for the front.

I did a slightly different version of this using truck bed LED strips from Amazon. Got the idea from @FxFormat . I stuck them on the inside of the rockers for 2 reasons, (1) To minimize the spread of light and keep it close enough to the body of the LX, and (2) When my sliders get installed, I wouldn't need to relocate them from where they currently installed. I can assure you that the 2 x 60 LED strips are bright enough to also work under the truck at night, if needed. They are wired to the running board light circuit. I plan to install the 3rd strip from this set under the hood, and switched through a plunger switch so they will come on when the hood is opened.

i-WchH88Z-X2.jpg

i-BPxc65q-X2.jpg

Very cool. The way I drive my truck through muddy bogs, at every chance I get and slam it on the rocks, I wonder if they will stay glued for too long. My other concern is the salty wintery mix that seems to be quite efficient at removing all sorts of stuff from the undercarriage, including the undercoating!

Did you notice any issues with your key remote not working after you installed these lights? My key fob will unlock it and then not work until the under-carriage lights time out. Which means I can't double click to unlock other doors or even lock the truck with the key fob!

Very cool. The way I drive my truck through muddy bogs, at every chance I get and slam it on the rocks, I wonder if they will stay glued for too long. My other concern is the salty wintery mix that seems to be quite efficient at removing all sorts of stuff from the undercarriage, including the undercoating!

Did you notice any issues with your key remote not working after you installed these lights? My key fob will unlock it and then not work until the under-carriage lights time out. Which means I can't double click to unlock other doors or even lock the truck with the key fob!
Time will tell about how long they remain stuck and the lifetime of the LEDs. 90+% my LX is a road warrior. It is getting built up for a cross country trip next year.

No issues with the key. I can do a double click to unlock all doors and one-click to lock.

You gotta clean the mounting surface good, then the 3m tape from that strip will stick. Also for good measure, i drilled a couple holes and used tiny zip ties to keep mine up. No chance of them falling off now. FWIW i had my last one mounted the same way unleashd did his now, i used good brand clear packing tape to also secure it and it didn't fall off for 2 years and counting, new owner has her now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom