What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Forgot to mention... getting installed

DT headers,
magnaflow cats,
DT cat-back,
Timing belt,
Water pump,
Fan bracket,
Spark plugs,
Accessory belt,
And steering shaft.

View attachment 2767469

View attachment 2767470

View attachment 2767471

View attachment 2767472

View attachment 2767473
I'm really anxious to see how it turns out. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep the crossover tube from the DS to the muffler from rattling on the underside of the body when I have it fully loaded.

Addressing the rust along the window frame. Pretty nasty! They had to cut out a section of the A-pillar and fabricate a new piece to weld in. 😩 This isn’t going to be cheap. And this is an Arizona vehicle, folks.

E4E5EF45-7DE0-445E-95DC-6E3173A13A1E.jpeg
274A4B67-B255-49E1-94B6-4A91964A3152.jpeg
F92C9159-FF7E-4139-9580-467551646DFA.jpeg

B8739781-661D-42FA-AF75-235E6033DDFB.jpeg

29BB02E9-AE0E-45D7-84EE-ECA018805222.jpeg

Last edited:
Addressing the rust along the window frame. Pretty nasty! They had to cut out a section of the A-pillar and manufacture a new piece to weld in. 😩

View attachment 2768148View attachment 2768149View attachment 2768150

View attachment 2768151

View attachment 2768152
Oh man!

When I had the windshield replaced... I made the guy stop so I could see if mine had rust.

Had two superficial spots on the outside and I sanded it down while he waited for me. He was not happy about it, but I couldn't care less.

Unfortunately I didn't take pics.

Oh man!

When I had the windshield replaced... I made the guy stop so I could see if mine had rust.

Had two superficial spots on the outside and I sanded it down while he waited for me. He was not happy about it, but I couldn't care less.

Yeah there was some rust bubbling of the paint on the passenger side A-pillar and then the rusted knife edge marks along the top edge apparently from past shoddy work before I bought it. That was enough for Safelite to say get the rust addressed first before we’ll replace the windshield. So glad I did, but it’s unfortunate it turned out to be so extensive. She’s a keeper though, so I want it fixed right.

Some updates from the shop today…

10709401-556D-4E91-AA46-664253283F81.jpeg
8FB95398-7D93-4613-BDFD-DE71114BD67C.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh man!

I just had my windshield replaced a few months ago and did the same thing. The guy doing the work was super cool and when we looked at the frame, there was one tiny little surface spot that he just cleaned up and sealed and then got the new windshield installed. Really happy to know my windshield is rust free!

Finished installing the Ironman4X4 drawers and wing kit into my LX470.
What I like about them so far:
1. Cost. I believe it was 920 or so delivered to my business address.
2. Drawers are tall and deep. It will hold A LOT of useless junk that I like to carry around.
3. Easy installation. Once you get the crossbars set to right holes it basically just bolts into place.
4. Twist lock handles with separate keyed drawer locks.

What I don't like about them so far:
1. Drawers and wing kit obviously made in different factories as the carpet shade does not match. Easy fix.
2. The wing kit makes it impossible to open the jack/tool location on the left side of the vehicle and also the small compartment on the right side so you can keep anything in those. I may use these as a template and make my own with a piano hinge or something.
3. The goofy Green Man logo stickers on each drawers. Sure you can remove them but they actually have indentations on the drawers for those to go in.

No worries, I already have the replacement cruiser in the garage.View attachment 2768891

No worries, I already have the replacement cruiser in the garage. She's a 99 with 202KView attachment 2768891
Needs a timing belt, new tires. Comes with the original wheels plus the steelies seen here. Baselining and build thread coming soon. @Comet and @srvn4u and I will be making a parts list this weekend, looking forward to the new project. Lots of ideas.

Finished installing the Ironman4X4 drawers and wing kit into my LX470.
What I like about them so far:
1. Cost. I believe it was 920 or so delivered to my business address.
2. Drawers are tall and deep. It will hold A LOT of useless junk that I like to carry around.
3. Easy installation. Once you get the crossbars set to right holes it basically just bolts into place.
4. Twist lock handles with separate keyed drawer locks.

What I don't like about them so far:
1. Drawers and wing kit obviously made in different factories as the carpet shade does not match. Easy fix.
2. The wing kit makes it impossible to open the jack/tool location on the left side of the vehicle and also the small compartment on the right side so you can keep anything in those. I may use these as a template and make my own with a piano hinge or something.
3. The goofy Green Man logo stickers on each drawers. Sure you can remove them but they actually have indentations on the drawers for those to go in.

Note to self, when I build my own drawer system, make sure I go low enough to not block the cubby on the passenger side.

Last edited:
Stage 1 of my electrical/storage buildout is mostly done. Still need to clean up some wires, build a little lid to cover the electrical, etc, but I'm pretty happy with it for now. I also designed the cabinet so The 2nd 2/3rds row still fits with no problem, though it won't be able to recline (I usually leave it out anyways for a dog bed or bags).

The SOK 100 Ah Lithium battery / BCDC25 combo is awesome, I've had the fridge running nonstop for a week now and the battery hasn't dipped below 70% with just a few trips around town and 25A from the alternator (even in this heat). I wired in an anderson connector for a folding solar panel, but I can't really see the need with the trips I usually do. I'm rarely in one spot for more than 2 days.

A drawer/wing, and 2nd row platform are up next. Unfortunately i'll have to build a custom drawer as the fridge platform extends about an inch too far over towards passenger to use off the shelf options.

IMG_4362.JPEG

IMG_4361.JPEG

IMG_4363.JPEG

IMG_4364.JPEG

IMG_4365.JPEG

Needs a timing belt, new tires. Comes with the original wheels plus the steelies seen here. Baselining and build thread coming soon. @Comet and @srvn4u and I will be making a parts list this weekend, looking forward to the new project. Lots of ideas.
You went from an 03 to 04 to 99. For the factory rear locker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom