What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

more details please, who/where and how much to do this

Have a local guy that does some fabrication at his house. Gave him a few pictures that I had seen and this is the result. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty damn happy with the result. We did a bit of horse trading for it, but for the swingout, he's thinking somewhere around $600-700. I just didn't want to drop $2k+ for a full bumper.

Have a local guy that does some fabrication at his house. Gave him a few pictures that I had seen and this is the result. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty damn happy with the result. We did a bit of horse trading for it, but for the swingout, he's thinking somewhere around $600-700. I just didn't want to drop $2k+ for a full bumper.
Awesome - ask the local guy if he wants to build anymore?

Shot in the dark, but can anyone measure their stock height 100/lx470 front wheel gap (Without lift)? Would like a fender to center of wheel cap measurement (or whatever is best) so I can use as reference to see where my lift is sitting at.

Top of the tire to fender: 5.0"
Center of wheel cap to fender: 19.75"

Stock '05 LX470 with factory 18s.
Cheers mate,
G

Finished repainting the front bumper. Clear coat was completely gone and base coat was toast, very chalky. $15 color match spray can and 2K clear coat. The hood is next.

721C4605-EF9B-4563-B729-3C8A9AE7064D.jpeg

6876677B-E7BA-4FAA-8FC7-7FACD3C2D5CA.jpeg

Put on new brake calipers all around. The rubber parts on the old ones were getting ratty after nearly 15 years, although still functioning well.

I’m sure he would. Not sure if he can do a bolt on deal, but he’s in Columbia, SC if you’re near by.
If he could make this bolt on, I think there would be quite a market for it.

As far as license plate, your best bet is likely to get a plate holder designed for a trailer to mount to the cross bar, and you'll need to run power for a light out to it.

I appreciate the symmetry of your design, but if I were to do this, I think I would move the spare all the way to the passenger side. This would put the weight and moment closer to the hinge (less stress) and give you the option of carrying two jerry cans or a cooler (or whatever) on the driver side. It also frees up more window area for backing up.

@neckbone .. you setup looks sick.. I know many welding shops are able to do this. I have spoken to many locally and they can build whatever they want.

are you able to take some close pictures of the setup? Might save them and show them to a local welder when the time comes.

Link for the antenna and how do you like it so far? I guess I mean in terms of reception, even thought I hardly use the radio.

Did you unplug the antenna motor from the fender or underneath the glovebox?

FM reception is good so far but AM reception with it isn’t good. I just Bluetooth/FM stream those stations anyways and the sound quality is far better than AM with a stock antenna.

It’s a super easy install.
Remove the old mast. Insert the adapter sleeve and tighten the ring, screw on antenna.

The power antenna motor still runs when turning the radio on and off but it’s quiet so I’m not going to spend the time to unplug the motor.

Here’s the link. (They also sell on Amazon.)

Replaced rear brake pads. Going to the beach again next week and then doing fronts when back home. Any ideas on where I can get the rubber boots that go on brake caliber bolts? They hold in the grease and allow the caliper/piston to move I think.. plus the grease in all those sockets is so dry that some of the bolts don't hardly move. I have 'green' grease, will that do the trick? I use that for drive shafts.

I've always used caliper grease. You can get it in the small packets at the parts store.

Pulling the axle today to replace the boot... new part coming in tomorrow so I will just be prepping and cleaning the axle for new hardware tomorrow.

Best way to not damage the new ball joints is to use hammer correct?

Pulling the axle today to replace the boot... new part coming in tomorrow so I will just be prepping and cleaning the axle for new hardware tomorrow.

Best way to not damage the new ball joints is to use hammer correct?
Yeah, you can remove the castle nut and then put it on upside down until the base is even with the stud. Then hammer the housing that the ball joint is pressed into. Pound that sucker hard a few times and it should pop out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom