What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you posing with customer's Paarsh again?

Tried to start the truck this morning after it has been sitting the whole weekend and it won't start! The starter turned with gusto but no joy! :dead: Unplugged the gas line coming out of the gas filter in the engine bay and then cranked to see nothing coming out!
Since my fuel pump is relatively new, I decided to unplug and plug back the fuel pump relay on the left side D pillar - still nothing.
Open the main fuse block, took out the EFI relay and the 20 Amp fuse, both looked good visually so plugged them back in. Turned the key and it fired right up! :clap:
No clue what's going on here, perhaps the square seal for the fuse panel cover is in need of replacement and is letting moisture and dust in?

Last edited:
Oof. Wrong line on lower Engineer.

Ouray 4.jpg

Are you posing with customer's Paarsh again?

Tried to start the truck this morning after it has been sitting the whole weekend and it won't start! The starter turned with gusto but no joy! :dead: Unplugged the gas line coming out of the gas filter in the engine bay and then cranked to see nothing coming out!
Since my fuel pump is relatively new, I decided to unplug and plug back the fuel pump relay on the left side D pillar - still nothing.
Open the main fuse block, took out the EFI relay and the 20 Amp fuse, both looked good visually so plugged them back in. Turned the key and it fired right up! :clap:
No clue what's going on here, perhaps the square seal for the fuse panel cover is in need of replacement and is letting moisture and dust in?
I did a full PPF wrap on that 993 so it’s completely safe to put a key on the film if you’re concerned!

Trying to convince my wife to let me upgrade her to a 100 from a gx470 but she thinks it’ll be too small for 2 car seats in the back.

Opinions (kids are 3 and 6mo)?

Also can someone do me a favor and measure the width of the back seat door to door and the depth of both seat back / front of the cushion to the front seats (moved all the way back)

Trying to convince my wife to let me upgrade her to a 100 from a gx470 but she thinks it’ll be too small for 2 car seats in the back.

Also can someone do me a favor and measure the width of the back seat door to door and the depth of both seat back / front of the cushion to the front seats (moved all the way back)

Not sure on the 470 but we have a 460 and the hundo and I would def say the middle row and 3rd row are wider on the 100 (4-6 inches I would guess). I have 3 kids (12,7&5) and they can much easier sit in the middle row on the truckster than the 460. The 3rd row in the hundy also has 3 seats not just 2 like in the 460.

I don't know about the measurements but I have a 100 and I have ridden in several GX (including a rental last summer for a family of four trip) and the second row in the GX felt tight compared to the 100. Not to mention, the 100 has way more cargo space for strollers etc. I was shopping the GX before the 100 and the extra second row space deficit was readily appearant to me.

The lx 2 row feels larger to me than the gx. Two car seats fit easily with plenty of room for a full size adult to sit in the center
0493E53E-5BC4-4A04-AA46-7AF0E0509F9E.jpeg

Yup - I have a 10, 8 and 5 year old in the second row. Definitely no issues even though mine are extra feisty!

My kids are 5, 3 and 2. No issues fitting all three car seats across the 2nd row. The 100 is definitely bigger than a GX. The GX line is more akin to a 4 Runner when it comes to size.

9B54B737-7B8A-4ED5-9798-81B8A3E4CB27.jpeg

I have a 6yr old and 3 yr old and I feel there's a good amount of room. I love the size of the lx470. It's not that big but feels very spacious.

Well I was sitting at a stop light after picking up my daughter. heard the brakes lock up behind me and felt a decent thump.

This is why I drive a car like a Land Cruiser. My daughter asked me what happened.

Glad no one was hurt.

Besides the bumper I didn’t see anything wrong underneath. Going to get it checked out and now get to deal with insurance companies.

Anything I should pay attention to?

D78A8629-B2B0-478A-9EF5-EF5DC163E155.jpeg
45C953AC-476B-413F-A1C9-12E9FE458257.jpeg
4F6BB45B-90C2-4B31-9B29-2D70E12004D0.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I was sitting at a stop light after picking up my daughter. heard the brakes lock up behind me and felt a decent thump.

This is why I drive a car like a Land Cruiser. My daughter asked me what happened.

Glad no one was hurt.

Besides the bumper I didn’t see anything wrong underneath. Going to get it checked out and now get to deal with insurance companies.

View attachment 2378514View attachment 2378516View attachment 2378515
Yes. You should definitely pay attention to the @TRAIL TAILOR thread about his small stack of new 100 series bumpers getting fab'd. That damage may not look significant, but I'm absolutely certain you're going to need that guy's insurance company to replace your bumper. Probably with a TT. And maybe with a swing out. And possibly some LED lighting.

Glad no one was hurt.

View attachment 2378514View attachment 2378516View attachment 2378515
Pull the bumper cover off and check the rear-most crossmember for any damage.

I've got an LX470, and my three boys (12, 10, and 7) fit fine in either back seat. We did invest in Diono seats from the jump, which makes all the difference, as they'll fit three across in my 80 series middle or rear seat and my Subaru as well. I came up with 57.5 armrest to armrest, 25.5 back seat to front at the narrowest spot, about halfway up the seat.
Good call on the Dionos. We bought one for each of our boys, and they've worked like a charm in our LX470, 80 series, and Subaru. Only seat around that'll go three across in just about anything.

LX470 dimensions, armrest to armrest, 57.5", back seat to front, narrowest piece 22.5" about halfway up.

When we had a little one, we just put the backwards facing seat in the middle. Worked out for all three boys.

My wife had the GX460 for a few years, I have an 04 LC. The GX was the "family car" it was nice but I was never so happy as when I got back in the 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom