What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

toyota non cat cat pipes. Oddly enough side to side they are identical, the only thing that differentiates them stock north america is the o2 bung. The thing I didn't plan on was the <1" of packing all around, it's 4.101 Ø pipe with .85" packing, it leaves the inner diameter @ slightly +2"
I assumed same size outer diameter but no- it's smaller by a inch or so. I'm making some centering brackets to hold them inside the shield just like the stock cats.
I know it's not complaint or legal, This is for testing only. I do want to see what happens about the 14.7 and long term trim, and closed loop parameters.

I'm installing them after I finish the pass side manifold. Daily driver, so one at a time.

oem bypass both.jpg

o2 locate.jpg

midpipe packing.jpg

toyota non cat cat pipes. Oddly enough side to side they are identical, the only thing that differentiates them stock north america is the o2 bung. The thing I didn't plan on was the <1" of packing all around, it's 4.101 Ø pipe with .85" packing, it leaves the inner diameter @ slightly +2"
I assumed same size outer diameter but no- it's smaller by a inch or so. I'm making some centering brackets to hold them inside the shield just like the stock cats.
I know it's not complaint or legal, This is for testing only. I do want to see what happens about the 14.7 and long term trim, and closed loop parameters.

I'm installing them after I finish the pass side manifold. Daily driver, so one at a time.

View attachment 2353294

View attachment 2353297

View attachment 2353300

This deserves its own post!

Needed another USB adapter in the car, saw this pretty slick external TPMS setup. Installed it today and it works pretty well. Nice to have now, since I'm still dialing in the pressures on my new tire setup and these have temp sensors on them as well. We'll see how they hold up over time, but happy so far.
View attachment 2352259
Amazon product ASIN B07CPYWVCT
This is so neat! Didn't know these existed. Are the batteries replaceable once they run out or are you stuck buying a whole new kit? I'm assuming they're just little cap batteries?

Alright- went with a quad projector setup as well. The reason I didn't go with the one piece light is because I think it looks out of sorts on the 1998-2002 models and I wanted it to look OEM as possible. Plus I like having glass lenses rather than plastic. The bottom projector is a lo and hi beam bi-xenon, and the upper projector will be an additional hi beam. I am not running DRL's.

20200626_160824.jpg

Alright- went with a quad projector setup as well. The reason I didn't go with the one piece light is because I think it looks out of sorts on the 1998-2002 models and I wanted it to look OEM as possible. Plus I like having glass lenses rather than plastic. The bottom projector is a lo and hi beam bi-xenon, and the upper projector will be an additional hi beam. I am not running DRL's.

View attachment 2353452
I've got 2 chips on glass headlights during 4 years of ownership, not sure glass is the best choice because of that. Otherwise looks cleaner than plastic

I was getting annoyed with our one 100 series without a backup camera, so I finally got around to getting the backup camera installed in the old LX.

Installed one of these, that is supposed to be made specifically for a 100 series :

1593274870022.png

It seems that the 100 series license plate light openings are smaller in China, the Chinesium shrinks in transit, or their rulers are mis-marked, because the fit into the lift gate was "sloppy" (read hanging on by a thread). I added a little VHB tape, and it's probably not coming out any time soon.

I was disappointed with the fit, but otherwise it is working just fine with the recently installed Sony headunit.

1593305670829.png

Last edited:

View attachment 2353294

View attachment 2353297

View attachment 2353300

Not sure how much the 100 used cats go for, but at my shop, i just sold used Prius cats for $600, some dude buys them and sells them somewhere but we got 600 for them.

This is so neat! Didn't know these existed. Are the batteries replaceable once they run out or are you stuck buying a whole new kit? I'm assuming they're just little cap batteries?
Yep, little coin cells, are replaceable and come with replacement gaskets.

Received my Rhino Rack Base Kit for my Pioneer Platform retrofit. Jumped into it this morning while it was still cool. Thanks so very much to all for the inputs gleaned from MUDDERs here. Your experiences and guidance provided a pretty seamless install of the Base Kit (6) in total.

View attachment 2349018

Understanding the how-to removal of the gutter molding made access much easier. On our '05 LX there is no plastic cover to remove to expose the center section bolt-down area. Per the guidance of several I trimmed away a piece for the center base to fit. Also per guidance, I used a very good Marine Grade RTV around all the openings prior to applying the Gashet Washers (12) next to the gutter openings...I hope I've used enough to prevent leakage.

View attachment 2349030

Things went together very nicely. It made perfect sense to build the twelve bolts, washers and rubber O rings in advance, making sure there were two M8 x 40mm Button Head Screws for each middle mounting pad. The ends were requiring the M8 x 50 mm BHS. I only had one glitch during the install. The rear BHS on the driver side middle pad wouldn't let me hand tighten it into the hole. My Allen wrench wasn't up to the task so I came back to it after fitting all the rest with my persuader. I Love My Dewalt... :rofl: I think the screw saw it coming and went right in where it was supposed to...:poop:

View attachment 2349057

As has been mentioned by others, there are some air gaps between the mounting pads and the gutter molding trim but once the Pioneer Platform is in place, nobody will be the wiser. I, like others here, thought we would see some tighter tolerances as the prices might indicate.

View attachment 2349059

Now I need some support from my 19 year old son to help prep the Pioneer Platform and hoist it into place.

Cheers Again Mates For This MUDDY Place. More to follow. G

We finally got to it this morning... My boy putting the final twists on the Pioneer Platform installation.

IMG_3071.jpg

Fit and finish are really good but all the installation credit goes to PC, measurements for the legs and centering on the rig were all him. We had to move two crossmembers forward as they were set for the Excursion installation, and the install went easier than expected.

:cheers: Thanks again to the MUD crewmembers I've gone back and forth with, and those that have captured their installs in the past to help us make fewer mistakes in the DIY mode. :cheers:

Small note; Instead of blankets on the roof to protect the finish from accidental drops/skips/skids, we used several of those styrofoam noodles/floatees the kids use in the lake. The two of us military pressed the PP and walked the platform over/onto the noodles, lowered it and stepped up on our portable benches and slid the entire package into place. The noodles worked perfectly, holding the PP level at ~2" above their final resting positions. :cool:

We removed the noodles, one side at a time, made some final adjustments to the legs upon observing a good test fit, added final torque applications to the Allen head bolts, and the rack dropped right into their respective mounting pads. I was a little surprised to see 10mm bolts for the six fasteners of the PP to the mounting pads as everything else was Allen heads...??? :confused:

IMG_3080.jpg

I think having a ratcheting box wrench set is in my future too as having a 10mm in hand would have saved us a ton of time on the installation. 😓 The low legs would not allow a socket wrench in the tight confines so the open end wrench was the only way forward. :wrench:

IMG_3081.jpg

Even the Upper Half was impressed with the final outcome. She was so afraid it was going to look "too tactical..." :ninja:

I'm in hopes that, upon sending the RR folks some pics of the install, they'll send us some new labels for our PP as their OEM stickers are lifting... 🧐

Cheers mates,
G

I've have a near identical "Tymate" branded version, sitting on my bench, but I haven't made it past the mental hurdle, of screwing on something that intentionally disables the schrader valve, yet.
That crossed my mind as well, but I figure if it causes a leak, at least it will let me know before it’s flat, haha

I've had a similar set on my truck since early 2016. Never had any issues. Is a pain to air down. Taking them off, listening to the alarm go off inside the truck, then having to put them back on.

Saw a YouTube video the other day where a guy used a similar setup, but added extra valve stems to each of his wheels. Thought that was brilliant. Not sure how we'd do that on stock wheels though.

Not sure how much the 100 used cats go for, but at my shop, i just sold used Prius cats for $600, some dude buys them and sells them somewhere but we got 600 for them.
who woulda thought, now that I think about it, the post 05/2005 +6+7 are going to be expensive and slim pickings considering the sheer numbers of them compared the earlier versions.

I wouldn't sell them. Unless whoever the future owner turns out to be was cool with no cats. Plus, I don't know exactly how it's going to work out. Good bonus if I ever sell it or it gets totaled.

I'm looking forward to getting good info about heat and fuel.

Last edited:
who woulda thought, now that I think about it, the post 05/2005 +6+7 are going to be expensive and slim pickings considering the sheer numbers of them compared the earlier versions.

I wouldn't sell them. Unless whoever the future owner turns out to be was cool with no cats. Plus, I don't know exactly how it's going to work out. Good bonus if I ever sell it or it gets totaled.

I'm looking forward to getting good info about heat and fuel.

Oh damn i didn't read your initial post, so these are essentially downpipes per se? Sound clip please. I thought your original cats were done so you got aftermarket cats, now i just checked ebay prices for Prius cats and they are going for $1000+, that dude took advantage of me.

Local prices for vvti cats are 1500 each. 1000 or so in UAE
Mine are perfect, the cats I mean. I just bought these because , 1 they are stock elsewhere and cheaper than letting someone make them up or third party prices, 2, I wanted temp readings and to see what happens fuel wise, noise, and smell.
They weight almost the same, couple pounds less.
Couple weeks I'll know. I'm installing new stock headers, half done. And the complete Hewett sai deletion after downpipe.

Shout out to my man @Wermz who installed my Ironman Foam Cell Pro lift. Took some sorting and tweaking, had to get the proper springs. The Ironman 0-440 were too wimpy so we put in some 2863’s I had in the garage. Also got a little crazy and put in some 30mm coil spring spacers, Dobinson UCA’s, OEM CV’s, 555 ball joints, extended sway bar links, sway bar bushings and other stuff I’m forgetting.

The truck rides awesome, better than it ever has. #BigCityOffroad
EF45DA21-6818-4815-85A7-55A22E3C44EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Replaced the driver’s side axle seal....which I just replaced but apparently got whopper-jawed or damaged in the process of putting it in too far and then trying to pull it out without hurting it....

Getting pretty good at pulling the knuckle and axles...

Hoping this one is leak free!

73D76CA4-B300-43D5-A636-730097954BDB.jpeg

26BFBCEA-00FC-4C96-A7EE-E6D5361F642C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom