What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"Fixed" water leaking in at the upper brake light on the rear hatch. I say fixed in quotes Bc I got the foam gasket all scraped off, both car and fixture, sealed it up with silicone and I guess I made one turn too many on the last step and popped the bolt off the light assembly. So, gonna rather than try messing with uncured silicone and getting it all over everything. The light is held on with one bolt and hoping the silicone is enough to seal it for now until it can cure fully and I can redo the whole thing adding in reattaching the bolt to the assembly.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449536708.147628.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449536717.730162.jpg

The brake fluid, coolant, oil and transmission fluid were changed as well as the %^&%&^# sunroof repaired

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. That route seems palatable compared to dropping nearly $1k on something to step/beat on... I'm currently talking to some local fabricators so we'll see where that gets me. Which brings me to my next order of business for this thread...

I finally removed my running boards! Well, they were pretty nicely dented so they served their purpose, but they had to come off to replace my driver side front fender. I had been in a crash a while back, and insurance gave me about $3k after deductible. So I spent $130 on a new mirror, $217 on a color matched fender off a locally wrecked truck, and a few hours of my time. Seems pretty good to me :clap:

From the day of the crash:

The wife with her souvenir:

The end result:

Still some painting and touch-ups left to do, but I'm pretty happy with it right now.

Nice find on a factory matched fender! That's really the way to go if possible. Keeps everything matching perfectly after a good polish.

Frustrated with LC, I hate the sunroof, the drains on my have always clogged then , the whole sunroof stopped working after 13yrs, had to put in a whole new motor cables, the works, super expensive, 4 years ago, well it just died again. Love the LC,hate sunroofs
It was not this week, more like last month, but I helped my daughter buy a new 2016 Tacoma Access Cab Off Road truck, so I will always have someone to go off road with
3f62ebbc-619b-43a0-a94a-c1a3b76cca69_zpsvhcelnm4.jpg
I might be in the minority, but I really like the new Taco front end!

The old belt made some noise when it got cold a few wks ago. So today we took advantage of the nice weather, and replace the serpentine belt. Had to ask wife to help - I cant fit my arm to get the belt installed properly. Hopefully nothing else to fix - I hate working in cold garage.

I drove it. Which is a big deal since after owning an '03LX for a month without being able to drive it due to an AHC problem I encountered while driving it home 1,000 miles after the purchase (thanks to PADDO for much help with troubleshooting), I installed a new AHC pump (thanks to Eliot for selling me a pump he pulled) and revived the AHC system.

Congrats ! Was fallowing your original post and glad to hear your AHC issue is resolved . Paddo is the AHC guru for sure . I got my 03 LX with less than 120k on the clock around the same time . Also in Arkansas btw . I love my AHC but will only throw so much money into before I go conventional .

Congrats ! Was fallowing your original post and glad to hear your AHC issue is resolved . Paddo is the AHC guru for sure . I got my 03 LX with less than 120k on the clock around the same time . Also in Arkansas btw . I love my AHC but will only throw so much money into before I go conventional .
GO HOGS! I'm down in Hot Springs.

I was on-line and literally about to pull the trigger on LC shocks for the conventional conversion when I got the message about the used pump from eliot.

Like most anything, you can spend as much as you want, but I found that the conversion doesn't have to be too pricey. New LS shocks for $150 and I found someone in Little Rock with used TB's and springs for $150. Local indy shop would install for $350 so total of $650.

Glad to have the AHC back on line, for now .... hope it lasts for a while.

"Fixed" water leaking in at the upper brake light on the rear hatch. I say fixed in quotes Bc I got the foam gasket all scraped off, both car and fixture, sealed it up with silicone and I guess I made one turn too many on the last step and popped the bolt off the light assembly. So, gonna rather than try messing with uncured silicone and getting it all over everything. The light is held on with one bolt and hoping the silicone is enough to seal it for now until it can cure fully and I can redo the whole thing adding in reattaching the bolt to the assembly.
View attachment 1172663
View attachment 1172664
I might need to do this.
how did you remove the oem foam gasket?
what kind of silicone you used?
any write up on this?
thank you

A couple weeks ago I did an AHC fluid flush. Old fluid was BLACK, and actually a little low. System seems to adjust a little quicker now, but I still need to check the neutral pressures to see if I need to adjust anything or get new rear coils.

Got maybe 2ft of snow overnight and during today, so I got to test it out a little. Feels sure-footed, but I need to find out how to turn everything off for some proper 4wd donuts.

I have a 2013 pirated version - works fine. But, I don't use it anymore. Waze is sooooo much better. I really hope manufacturers stop putting nav systems in cars.

I might need to do this.
how did you remove the oem foam gasket?
what kind of silicone you used?
any write up on this?
thank you

i followed someone else's step-by-step on MUD. i just used a clear silicone from autozone. to remove the rotten foam gasket (why they used that is beyond me) using Goof-Off, a plastic 'razor' blade and elbow grease. i used this scraper:

Amazon.com: Permatex 80190 SaferScraper, 2 Refillable Blades: Automotive

if i had it to do over, i would probably have spent a few bucks more on one that had a slightly beefier handle with more grip on it, but that one got the job done. it just takes time & cold beer. took a few hours, but i took intermittent breaks. i probably should have gotten the heat gun out but didn't want to pull any paint from the car, or warp the plastic light either, so just used the goof off liberally. do be cautious not to get it all over the red film on the inside of the light as it will strip that off. lemme see if i can find the write-up i followed.

I've officially finished round 1 of my initial basic mods. Maintenance to get to baseline, removed back seats, new tires, and finally removed running boards today. Great advice from this forum leading me down the path :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom