What happened to my top-down backup camera and how can I fix it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, glad to join this forum now that I am a proud 2019 LC200 owner!

I'm not sure what happened, but looks like my backup camera made impact with the tailgate (I can see black scuffing)

Is my only option buying the $400 OEM camera from the dealer? Can't seem to find any aftermarket stuff.

Is there any reason why the camera hit the tailgate like it did? I would hate to pay all this money only for it to happen again.

Hope to find an answer from you guys!

IMG_1081.jpeg

Pretty sure that image is the front camera not rear and looks like a normal image.

Pretty sure that image is the front camera not rear
I meant the part on the right, where they splice all 4 main cameras together... you see how the back is twisted? even when I realign it there is a good bit of distortion so I think it needs to be a replaced.
thanks for the reply!

I meant the part on the right, where they splice all 4 main cameras together... you see how the back is twisted? even when I realign it there is a good bit of distortion so I think it needs to be a replaced.
thanks for the reply!

Realign how?
By hand or service menu?
If its really scuffed im not sure price but install is like 4 bolts 10 minutes

thanks for the reply!
Ahhh I see what you mean now… it does look “tilted”, is it loose so you can actually move it?
I’ve never seen that before but if the camera is loose you may be right about replacement. Maybe someone else has had a similar issue and will jump in

Last edited:
Ahhh I see what you mean now… it does look “tilted”, is it loose so you can actually move it?
I’ve never seen that before but if the camera is loose you may be right about replacement. Maybe someone else has had a similar issue and will jump in
not that loose, but the housing 'cracked' sort if but I was able to push it back into place. I just can't find anything aftermarket that says its for the LC200

by hand, is there a way to do it in the service men?

Yes, yours may be too far off to rectify but there are all sorts of alignments, skew , pan , zoom etc color balance…

I do not remember your access sequence though.

You can try to realign it directly by manipulating the camera and bending it back in place.

Or…..

On this forum search back up camera and there is a “secret” factory menu used to make adjustments on the screen to realign the images. It’s some weird hold the display button while starting car and hit some other button at the same time.

You can shift the images left right up down and even rotate them

You can try to realign it directly by manipulating the camera and bending it back in place.

Or…..

On this forum search back up camera and there is a “secret” factory menu used to make adjustments on the screen to realign the images. It’s some weird hold the display button while starting car and hit some other button at the same time.

You can shift the images left right up down and even rotate them
Damn, I think that is exactly what I need. Can’t seem to find the access sequence but I will keep looking!

Its like menu hold, lights on off, up down left right L2 R2 oh wait thats GTA III cheat code..

Think it was in a towing related thread. About improving the line alignment to help backing up to attach a trailer.

My housing is cracked on my rear camera as well. Pretty sure the kid scrubbing the back of the cruiser with a long car wash brush smashed it as they hang down enough to make contact with. If you look around you can find the rear camera for $240-ish and it's a few bolts and a plug to replace, shouldn't take you anymore than a few minutes to do. I have had mine held in place with Gorilla tape for months now but I plan to replace mine here soon as well.

@joeylc200

I used this for troubleshooting audio, but once the diagnostic is accessed, it gives you access to other menus also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom