Service & Diagnostics Menus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sac Cerevisiae

Reid
SILVER Star
Threads
Instructions to access the "hidden" SERVICE MENU for the URJ200 from the FSM
**Mods, Please consider adding to the FAQ**

TOYOTA

2008-2010 Land Cruiser w/o Multi-Display

(a) Turn off the audio system and turn the engine switch on (ACC). While pressing the preset switches "1" and "6" at the same time, press the "DISC" switch 3 times.​

2008-2010 Land Cruiser w/ Multi-Display
(1) Turn the engine switch on (IG).​
(2) Press the "DISP" switch.​
(3) From the display quality adjustment screen, touch the corners of the screen in the following order: upper left → lower left → upper left → lower left → upper left → lower left.​
(4) The diagnostic mode starts and the "System Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.​

2011 Land Cruiser w/ Multi-Display
Method 1
(1) Start the engine.​
(2) While pressing and holding the "INFO PHONE" switch, operate the light control switch: off → Turn on → Turn off → Turn on → Turn off → Turn on → Turn off.​
(3) The diagnostic mode starts and the "System Check Mode" screen will be displayed.​

Method 2
(1) Start the engine.​
(3) From the display quality adjustment screen, touch the upper and lower left corners of the screen in the following: Upper left → Lower left → Upper left → Lower left → Upper left → Lower left.​
(4) Diagnostic mode starts and the "System Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.​

2013-2015 Land Cruiser w/ Multi-Display
(1) Start the engine.​
(2) While pressing and holding the "INFO" switch, operate the light control switch: Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off.​
(3) Diagnostic mode starts and the "Service Menu" screen will be displayed.​

2016-2020 Land Cruiser w/ Multi-Display
Method 1
(1) Start the engine.​
(2) While pressing and holding the "INFO APPS" switch of the multi-media module receiver assembly, operate the light control switch: Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off.​
(3) Diagnostic mode starts and the "Service Menu" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.​

Method 2
(1) Start the engine.​
(2) Turn the multi-display assembly screen display off.​
(3) Turn the multi-media module receiver assembly power supply off.​
(4) Press the "UP" [PRST * TRACK] switch 5 times, and then press the "DOWN" switch 5 times within 15 seconds.​

LEXUS

2008-2009 LX570 w/ Multi-Display

(1) Start the engine.​
(3) From the display quality adjustment screen, touch the upper and lower left corners of the screen in the following: Upper left → Lower left → Upper left → Lower left → Upper left → Lower left.​
(4) Diagnostic mode starts and the "System Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.​

2010-2011 LX570 w/ Multi-Display
Method 1
(1) Start the engine.​
(2) While pressing and holding the "INFO PHONE" switch, operate the light control switch: off → Turn on → Turn off → Turn on → Turn off → Turn on → Turn off.​

Method 2
(1) Start the engine.​

2013-2015 LX570 w/ Multi-Display
(1) Start the engine.​
(2) While pressing and holding the "INFO" switch, operate the light control switch: Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off.​

2016-2020 LX570 w/ Multi-Display
Method 1
(1) Start the engine.​
(2) While pressing and holding the "MENU" switch of the remote touch, operate the light control switch: Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off.​
(3) Diagnostic mode starts and the "Service Menu" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.​

Method 1
(1) Start the engine.​
(2) Turn the accessory meter assembly screen display off.​
(3) Turn the multi-media module receiver assembly power supply off.​
(4) Press the ">" switch 5 times, and then press the "<" switch 5 times within 15 seconds.​
(5) Diagnostic mode starts and the "Service Menu" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.​

DTC Codes for 2008-2015

DTC CodeDetection ItemTrouble Area
B1569DVD-ROM Deck Disconnected- Navigation module board power source circuit
- IEEE cable
- Display and navigation module display
- Navigation module board
B156BMulti-media Interface ECU Disconnected- Multi-media interface ECU power source circuit
- AVC-LAN circuit between display and navigation module display and multi-media interface ECU
- Multi-media interface ECU
B156ENo Response from Multi-media Interface ECU- Multi-media interface ECU power source circuit
- AVC-LAN circuit between display and navigation module display and multi-media interface ECU
- Multi-media interface ECU
B1582Map Disk Reading Malfunction- Map disc
- Navigation module board
B1591No Response from Audio HU- Radio receiver assembly power source circuit
- MOST circuit between display and navigation module display and radio receiver assembly
- MOST circuit between radio receiver assembly and stereo component amplifier assembly
- Radio receiver assembly
B1593No Response from Stereo Component Amplifier- Stereo component amplifier assembly power source circuit
- MOST circuit between radio receiver assembly and stereo component amplifier assembly
- MOST circuit between stereo component amplifier assembly and display and navigation module display (w/o Rear Seat Entertainment System)
- MOST circuit between stereo component amplifier assembly and television display assembly (w/ Rear Seat Entertainment System)
- Stereo component amplifier assembly
B1595No Response from Rear Seat Entertainment System- Television display assembly power source circuit
- MOST circuit between stereo component amplifier assembly and television display assembly
- MOST circuit between television display assembly and display and navigation module display
- Television display assembly
B15A0LAN Master MalfunctionDisplay and navigation module display
B15ADNavigation Processor MalfunctionDisplay and navigation module display
B15B0Display Screen MalfunctionDisplay and navigation module display
B15B9DVD-ROM Deck MalfunctionNavigation module board
B15C0Short in GPS Antenna- Wire harness
- Navigation antenna assembly
B15C1Open in GPS Antenna- Wire harness
- Navigation antenna assembly
B15C2Speed Signal Malfunction- Combination meter assembly
- Wire harness or connector
B15D0MOST Communication Malfunction- MOST Line Check
- MOST communication line connector
- Wire harness or connector
- MOST communication line
- Television display assembly (w/ Rear Seat Entertainment System)
B15D1Audio HU Disconnected- Radio receiver assembly power source circuit
- MOST circuit between display and navigation module display and radio receiver assembly
B15D3Stereo Component Amplifier Disconnected- Stereo component amplifier assembly power source circuit
- MOST circuit between stereo component amplifier assembly and display and navigation module display (w/o Rear Seat Entertainment System)
- MOST circuit between stereo component amplifier assembly and television display assembly (w/ Rear Seat Entertainment System)
B15D5Rear Seat Entertainment System Disconnected- Television display assembly power source circuit
- MOST circuit between stereo component amplifier assembly and television display assembly
- MOST circuit between television display assembly and display and navigation module display
- Television display assembly
B15F5A/C ECU Vehicle Information Reading/Writing Processor Malfunction- CAN communication system
- Air conditioning system
- A/C ECU (air conditioning amplifier assembly)
B15F6Main Body ECU Vehicle Information Reading/Writing Process Malfunction- CAN communication system
- Power door lock control system
- Wireless door lock control system
- Lighting system
- Main body ECU
B15F7Certification ECU Vehicle Information Reading/Writing Process Malfunction- CAN communication system
- Smart key system (for entry function)
- Smart key system (for start function)
- Certification ECU (smart key ECU assembly)
U0073Control Module Communication Bus OffCAN communication system
U0155Lost Communication with Combination Meter- Combination meter assembly
- CAN communication system
U0164Lost Communication with A/C ECU- Air conditioning amplifier assembly
U1110Lost Communication with Clearance Warning ECU- Clearance warning ECU assembly

Last edited:
DTC Codes for 2016-2020
DTC CodeDetection Item
*: (2015/08-2016/03)
B1324Lost Communication with Meter
B1574GVIF Disconnected (from Park Assist/Monitoring ECU to EMV/MM Integrated Device)
B1575GVIF Disconnected (from EMV/MM Integrated Device to Multi Display)
B1579Voice Recognition Microphone Disconnected
B158CSD Card Communication Malfunction
B158FAV Signal Stoppage (Low Battery Voltage)
B15A0LAN Master Malfunction
B15A3Stereo Component Amplifier Malfunction
B15A6Display Malfunction
B15ADNavigation Processor Malfunction
B15B0Display Screen Malfunction
B15B7Bluetooth Module Malfunction
B15BAXM Tuner Malfunction
B15C0Short in GPS Antenna
B15C1Open in GPS Antenna
B15C2Speed Signal Malfunction
B15D0MOST Communication Malfunction
B15D3Stereo Component Amplifier Disconnected
B15D5Rear Seat Entertainment System Disconnected
B15D6Display Disconnected
B15D8Monitor Disconnected
B15DB*Telematics Transceiver Disconnected
B15E5Electric Throttle Malfunction
B15E6Side Television Camera Signal Input Malfunction
B15F5A/C ECU Vehicle Information Reading/Writing Processor Malfunction
B15F6Main Body ECU Vehicle Information Reading/Writing Process Malfunction
B15F7Certification ECU Vehicle Information Reading/Writing Process Malfunction
C1610Camera ECU Malfunction
U0073Sending Malfunction (Navigation to APGS)
U0100Engine ECU Communication
U0126Steering Sensor Communication
U0129VSC(ECB)ECU Communication
U0140Lost Communication with Body Control Module
U0155Meter ECU Communication
U0164Air Conditioner ECU Communication
U0198*Lost Communication with Telematic Control Module
U1110Clearance Sonar ECU Communication
*: (2015/08-2016/03)

Last edited:
"2016-2020 LX570 w/ Multi-Display
Method 1
(1) Start the engine.
(2) While pressing and holding the "MENU" switch of the remote touch, operate the light control switch: Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off."

What is the "light control switch" and what is "Tail" ?

"2016-2020 LX570 w/ Multi-Display
Method 1
(1) Start the engine.
(2) While pressing and holding the "MENU" switch of the remote touch, operate the light control switch: Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off → Tail → Off."

What is the "light control switch" and what is "Tail" ?
Toyota's odd way of saying your headlight stock switch. Turn your lights on and off three times (3x). I copied and pasted from the FSM but I agree that it's confusing. I may make an edit for future readers.

I have played with this menu in my 09 LX, do you know if the SW/FW be updated for (ML) Audio BT streaming, program useless nav while moving (passsenger), and DVD in front touch screen ?( only to be used at 90mph + :)).

I was told these features are available in some countries just not the US.

I have played with this menu in my 09 LX, do you know if the SW/FW be updated for (ML) Audio BT streaming, program useless nav while moving (passsenger), and DVD in front touch screen ?( only to be used at 90mph + :)).

I was told these features are available in some countries just not the US.
Can you decipher what "SW/FW" and "(ML) Audio BlueTooth" is? There are no settings that allow access to the navigation while the vehicle is moving. There are aftermarket add-ons that allow this though.

Software, Firmware, and Mark Levinson.

Any idea if this diagnostic menu would show a bad relay fo the amp/speakers? After running a test, my amp showed OK. Not sure if I should run another test or need help navigating. My ML amp works and was even tested by United Audio. All my fuses look good too.

Just to add to this list, I got codes for the "USB BOX" for B1585, B15BB, and B15DF, and they all seem to be related to incorrectly formatted USB drives being inserted into the system. 2011 LX570.

Last edited:
Just to add to this list, I got codes for the "USB BOX" for B1585, B15BB, and B15DF, and they all seem to be related to incorrectly formatted USB drives being inserted into the system. 2011 LX570.
I have the b15df code too... Did you manage to solve it? Thanks!

Just checking as i have a 2014 LX and i am having the no sound problem. going to try and check the codes this weekend. mine is doing something a little bit different. At first it would come and go. now it is working for first 15 sec. on start up then going out. just checking to see if anyone has had this problem.

My diagnostic menu was accessed by pressing start button once, and then holding theinfo button and turning the headlight on/off twice. This came up. Anyone point me in the right direction. All fuses has been checked and changed to be sure.

IMG_1316.jpeg

Probably need a wiring diagram from the FSM. But I assume you either don't have power at one or both of the units (hopefully it's a chain of communication and only one actually has an issue) or the communication link between one or both is down. I'm not sure if on your model and those devices if the link is CAN or MOST, but it's most likely one of those two. Does your model have the navigation unit in the glove box with the dvd slot? If so, then i suspect that is the Nav unit in question. The "audio" unit is most likely the lower unit with the knobs.

That probably doesn't help much, but I'd start with seeing what pins provide power to the Audio unit and verify you have power there. Luckily it isn't too much work to actually get to the plugs on that unit.

Probably need a wiring diagram from the FSM. But I assume you either don't have power at one or both of the units (hopefully it's a chain of communication and only one actually has an issue) or the communication link between one or both is down. I'm not sure if on your model and those devices if the link is CAN or MOST, but it's most likely one of those two. Does your model have the navigation unit in the glove box with the dvd slot? If so, then i suspect that is the Nav unit in question. The "audio" unit is most likely the lower unit with the knobs.

That probably doesn't help much, but I'd start with seeing what pins provide power to the Audio unit and verify you have power there. Luckily it isn't too much work to actually get to the plugs on that unit.
The dvd player slot is located in the glove. Where are the plugs to the navigation. Before I start tearing apart my console, are the plugs located behind the nav unit? Thanks for the replies so far

The dvd player slot is located in the glove. Where are the plugs to the navigation. Before I start tearing apart my console, are the plugs located behind the nav unit? Thanks for the replies so far
I’d start at the main audio unit in the dash. I have taken out the audio unit, but my 2010 LX doesn’t have DVD navigation, so I don’t have any hardware in the glove box. It’s not too hard to get the glovebox out either, but a little more work than the head units.

Not sure how useful it will be to go into it without a wiring diagram. There are a lot of plugs back there.

Atleast from this picture, it seems as though my AMP is ok, but the nav/audio is not getting power. And I have confirmed this also while driving at night because the knobs are not lit up.

IMG_1316.jpeg

So I guess I will start opening up the center console.

Just another update,The radio portion doesn't light up at night like the other buttons. So suspect its not getting power. I just have to run some codes so I can narrow down the faults.

Did you ever figure it out?
Not yet, haven't had time since i was doing some renovations. It still drives, HVAC still works. so I'm just deriving with some AirPods in. hahah. Its also not my main car, but it drives so well I tend to drive it pretty often

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom