What engine is this?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Someone is selling this 100 series LC and I wanted to know if anyone can identify this engine. The seller doesn't know...

IMG_9404.jpg

That is the 2UZ-FE 4.7L V8 that came standard in all NA Land Cruisers and LX's.

It may look different to you because the plastic engine cover is missing. Not required for operation.

Someone at some point did a whole lot of polishing and painting on that engine. It's either a sign that the engine has been taken out and replaced/rebuilt by a pro, or a jackass kid has taken a bunch of stuff apart that they didn't understand and put it back. I'd lean toward the latter,

I dunno. I see a lot of new looking vacuum lines and rubber pieces as well as a seriously clean engine. I’d ask if the seller had it replaced. It’d be dirtier than that if it was even 1 year old so they should know. If it’s that clean, it may be a good sign that the builder spent the time to clean it up. Or that it was a hack job but they wanted to show it well to sell. Compression and leak down would be needed for me to consider.

The painted components is just stupid. That is a literal red flag. However, I’d look past it if it had a fresh motor.

the disconnected hood struts also lend themselves to the fact that the engine may have been recently pulled and they needed to lift the hood up completely or remove it.

A rebuilt motor is as good as the guy who rebuilt it. And we're going to trust this to someone who cannot identify it, but wants to sell it?

You can guess my vote.

Red is for RACY

How is that hood staying up?
There are no hood struts, well, the passenger side is disconnected and dangling in the engine bay.

^^ its repelled by the red paint (as I would be).

I could be wrong here...but am I the only one who can't recall being able to see straight through to the ground on the left side of the engine...is something missing? Granted my truck has AHC and the reservoir on that side but I don't recall being able to see the ground that clearly. Is something missing like the rear skid plate or part of the firewall?

You didn't want him to put all the panels back after dubious engine work did you? Add lightness!

It identifies as a Lotus now.

How's it run. The 2UZ-FE 4.7L V8 should be almost turbine smooth all the way to redline. The red paint is weird. Any rust underneath? If no rust, body and interior is in good shape and the engine seems to run right, I'd buy it for the right price.

Being a SF Giants fan. These colors are starting to grow on me.

0B2616CC-197F-4F2C-A2E1-26D257EEB8C1_4_5005_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom