What do you think of my build so far??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i like the look, it reminds me of my old rig. what part of town is getbent on i have been looking for somone to bend some tube to protect my cats. and are you going to hump and bump, i am trying to make it but work is getting in the way. :D

the EXO is done this month.That's why I asked what do you think "so far"! ;p

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner here folks.

Can't wait to see this.

The last person that I know of who had an EXO'ed 80 series was the Venezuelan Alejandro who lived in MIA but traveled up and down the East Coast at various wheeling events during the early 2000's....I don't know if he ever made it to MUD....I doubt it. He was Venezuelan and doing things way cooler than us 80 folks were engaged in.

Can't wait to see the EXO build. I know Kirk is doing one on his LT-1 powered V8J80...it'll be cool to compare.

-o-

Looks good man!!! So you think youll finish this one before you sell it ? :D

Like those sliders and the rear bumper a lot. Personal preference would be to have the side wing protection a little lower, say half way b/w bottom of gas door and the corner marker. It might make more sense the way youve done it for the exo though. X2 on tying the wings into the rear frame rails. Hold on!?! did you just say you wont be gettin too crazy in this thing ............in your exo cage thread:lol:

There is an exo'd 80 or two here in NC. I believe UNBREAKABLE might have got his hands on one of them.
(only pic i can find right now) https://forum.ih8mud.com/3104646-post1.html

Last edited:
looking forward to the rest of the build.
A question re: the front bumper: Have you thought about an additional horizontal bar between the headlights/market lights and across the front? I'm thinking that a rock/branch/zombie could hit your grill pretty easily if it just has a little bit of an angle to it. That is, you've got a large open space between the winch and the top of the stinger.

I really like the curve of the back bumper. Not usually a fan of tube bumpers, so I would probably skin over the two tubes with some sheet metal (just ornamental), but I do like the shape of it very much.

A little grinding and paint, it'll look even better.

The new 35's(315's same thing) are on!

35s-1.jpg

35s.jpg

She is going back under the knife/torch today!:clap: Starting the EXO a week earlier than expected!:hillbilly:

i like the look, it reminds me of my old rig. what part of town is getbent on i have been looking for somone to bend some tube to protect my cats. and are you going to hump and bump, i am trying to make it but work is getting in the way. :D

He is off of Twain and Valley View.

Yes I am going to Hump and Bump. We just had a pre-run this past week end and it was a great! I will be working the event actually. I will be the tail on the Matterhorn trail ride. Hope to see yah there!!!!:D

Looks good man!!! So you think youll finish this one before you sell it ? :D

Like those sliders and the rear bumper a lot. Personal preference would be to have the side wing protection a little lower, say half way b/w bottom of gas door and the corner marker. It might make more sense the way youve done it for the exo though. X2 on tying the wings into the rear frame rails. Hold on!?! did you just say you wont be gettin too crazy in this thing ............in your exo cage thread:lol:

There is an exo'd 80 or two here in NC. I believe UNBREAKABLE might have got his hands on one of them.
(only pic i can find right now) IH8MUD™ Forums - View Single Post - 2 Cruisers up for sale - 97 and 81

Yes I will definitely finish it before I sell it! I always do it's just after I finish it that I get bored. I don't plan on ever selling this one but I don't trust myself enough to say that I will never sell it!:bang:

The wings are definitely going to be tide into the frame!!!!! I said I don't PLAN on getting to crazy! You also don't have to get crazy anyway to end up on your lid!:doh: I've seen people roll their trucks on the smallest of obstacles and one guy's wife even rolled his 40th in the DRIVE WAY!

Not real impressed with that exo just from what I can see of it. Need a good side and roof shot!

looking forward to the rest of the build.
A question re: the front bumper: Have you thought about an additional horizontal bar between the headlights/market lights and across the front? I'm thinking that a rock/branch/zombie could hit your grill pretty easily if it just has a little bit of an angle to it. That is, you've got a large open space between the winch and the top of the stinger.

I really like the curve of the back bumper. Not usually a fan of tube bumpers, so I would probably skin over the two tubes with some sheet metal (just ornamental), but I do like the shape of it very much.

A little grinding and paint, it'll look even better.

No I don't plan on adding anything more to that part of the front bumper but I do plan on welding up some tabs and putting some Hella's up there! I'm in the desert so there aren't to many branches but I have seen some zombie's:lol:!

The back bumper is still getting a reciever hitch so it will look alot less open and void when it's done! Kind of like this bumper on my old 99 4rnr.
994runner010.jpg

love the sliders.

Tube bumpers on the 80, thus far, are not my cup of tea. They make the 80 look naked and anorexic.

You're killing me... wanna cut the bumper off mine and change it to this? lol. Happy with the work you did on the truck I bought from ya... keep it going.

love the sliders.

Tube bumpers on the 80, thus far, are not my cup of tea. They make the 80 look naked and anorexic.

AAAHHH but the clearance is much better! Yeah you just can't please everybody b/c I don't like the ARB's and the TJM's they look to big and bulky and everybody has one! ;p

You're killing me... wanna cut the bumper off mine and change it to this? lol. Happy with the work you did on the truck I bought from ya... keep it going.
Thanks!...glad to hear from you and that your happy with the 80!:D

AAAHHH but the clearance is much better! Yeah you just can't please everybody b/c I don't like the ARB's and the TJM's they look to big and bulky and everybody has one! ;p

I totally agree with you about each to their own. :D The tube bumper do have their advantages, but they also have some disadvantages. Just like in the east it's better to have a winch than lockers, but out west where you guys climb rocks like goats, it's probably better to have lockers than a winch.

They make the 80 look naked and anorexic.

Hey besides these 80's need to go on a diet anyway:lol:!

But like you said "to each his own" b/c I love the look...incase you can't tell. Also it will all flow together alot better with the EXO! Just wait you'll see!:popcorn:

:popcorn:Also it will all flow together alot better with the EXO! Just wait you'll see!:popcorn:

:eek: No pressure its all good I cant wait to see how it turns out.:eek:

One thing I will say it has been a plesure working with Roy!

If the rest of you are like him I wil need to see a shrink :lol:J/K:lol:

If you are in the area 3855 S Valley View #s 27 28 29 stop by and BS I always have something wierd in the shop.

Scott:cheers:

back doors are not going to be used anymore?

I'm not too fond of the front end, I think it's the look of the large hoops but all that matters is that you like it. I'd also rather have an internal cage, but I'll reserve final judgment on the exo until you have it completed. I do like your sliders and rear bumper.

Enjoy!

back doors are not going to be used anymore?

They will be able to open part way but they will also have disconects at the top and bottom so they can be removed real easy!:cool: I don't have kids and I rarely have passengers so it will work great for me!

I'm not too fond of the front end, I think it's the look of the large hoops but all that matters is that you like it. I'd also rather have an internal cage, but I'll reserve final judgment on the exo until you have it completed. I do like your sliders and rear bumper.

Enjoy!

I don't like internal cages for 2 reasons: #1) I am a big guy (6'4" 300lb's and really wide shoulders) so internal cages rob me of my much needed space!!! #2) (To me this is even more important that #1) The internal cage doesn't protect the body so eventually you won't be able to open your doors, your windows will leak on and on and on until you have to cut all the sheet metal off and then you have a tube buggy! Don't get me wrong I like tube buggies but I like my creature comforts more:grinpimp:! JM 0.2 worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom