What do I do next? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm replacing the rear axle seals, and I'm not sure what to do next. I've taken off the diff cover and not sure where the clips are to remove so the axle(s) will slide out. If some could let me know where these are that would be a great help.
Attached is a pic for reference.

Thanks,
Brian
p1010015.jpg

Should be a bolt/cross shaft retaining pin that you need to remove.

After that is removed, you can pull out the spacer, tap the axle shafts inward and the c-clips will fall off. Pull the axle shafts out, and you are done.

Good luck!

-Steve

Purchase a manual. There's no substitute.
1. remove this bolt (12mm head)
2. slide out cross pin
3. remove spacer block
4. push axle in and C-Clip falls out
5. remove axle

Last edited:
speaking of manual, what do all ya have, i have a hanes and i tried to use it over the weekend and it is a peace of crap

camcruiser13 said:
speaking of manual, what do all ya have, i have a hanes and i tried to use it over the weekend and it is a peace of crap

Toyota factory service manual or FSM for short. Factory Publication no. 98154 To purchase one directly from Toyota Publications call 1-800-622-2033 7am - 5pm PST That part number will get you the chassis and body manual. There is a seperate part number for the engine and emissions manuals.

Thanks for the help. This part of the manual I didn't understand reading it over and over, pictures are worth a lot more. Thanks Poser and miker.

Brian

PabloCruise said:
Man, is this a great board or what?!?

You've got Poser jumping in right away, then Miker posting up number drawings!!!

I love it!

hey what about me hijacking threads

birddog019 said:
Thanks for the help. This part of the manual I didn't understand reading it over and over, pictures are worth a lot more. Thanks Poser and miker.

Brian

Pictures are great, but the best way to learn is getting those hands dirty - dig in!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom