What did you do with your truck this week? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

there is a guy on mud selling fuse boxes with some built in relays that looks pretty nice, other than that I would go with the blue sea, Northerntool.com has a good selection and good prices for inverters, but I have found that the ratings are a little on the optimistic side,, so go big if you can

about the tank, where is that 80? what year is it?, lots of time junk yards puncture the tank upon arrival to drain the gas to use and to keep someone from blowing up in the yard, but I need a wiring section if it is the right year, I see one in augusta, but it has been there since 3/10/10 and they only keep them about 90 days, so it is probably about to go away

if it comes down to this... I have a propane forge and have made something similar to this before, but not for a gas tank, you would not have to cut the tank at all, so if I could not get the angles right you are only out some time for removing the tank and coming down here...

if you think you can weld in a patch,, I can take a piece of 16-18 ga steel, make a negative die out of a wood stump and hammer out a piece to replace the corner... you would have to come to my shop in royston with the tank in hand, so we could get as close to perfect a fit as possible.....and it might be easier to just buy another tank,

I am not sure what thickness steel they used on the tank originally, and I do not think I want to weld on a gas tank,, I have read somewhere you have to wash it out with isopropyl alcohol first and let dry for a few days, but have no experience with that and am not sure what would happen to the strength of the original tank along the welds..

it would probably take a few hours to hammer that out once I have a negative to work the steel into

I was going to do a Blue Sea fuse panel at the same time as well. They have a nice marine one with a cover and labels.

Jeremy

I shared a few choice words with it in the parking lot of a gas station.

whooo hoooo :mad:
those last 5 days were nice though.....made it to gsmtr on one tank!

BOB i might be in touch. The tank is here in Greensboro and the truck is a 95. Should have no wiring changes b/w the years (at least 93-97).

NO welding on tanks??? oh c'mon im an amateur and pulled it off :D J/K I had the same concerns till I had multiple recomendations to fill it with water and weld away. Dont know if i'd want to drag a bead that far along the tank with my skill for fear of burning through on a patch.

Not sure what direction im headed but will keep the offer in mind, thanks!
GSMTR2010 143.jpg

I got a new battery in the FJ because I killed the last one. I also washed both trucks to make them sparkle. My husband says I am weird because I am 37 weeks preganant and nesting by washing trucks. :)

I got a new battery in the FJ because I killed the last one. I also washed both trucks to make them sparkle. My husband says I am weird because I am 37 weeks preganant and nesting by washing trucks. :)

You were not trying to crawl under them to wash the underside of the truck and the driveline?

Carolyn tried to. It was the her 'official due date' and was home just starting her maternity leave. I got a call at work from the lady across the street. She said it looked odd to see Carolyn washing the Buick Summerset. But when she laid on her back, slid under the car with her belly hard up against the rocker panels; that was when the neighbor lady called scared for Carolyn. I came home to check on her, but the car was done to satisfaction and was already in the house recleaning it.

Your not weird Heather ... you are going to be having a baby and you have nesting hormones running in overdrive. But in comparison to Carolyn, you have them under control. Congratulations.

PS The following day after this car washing episode, Carolyn went into labor with Katie.

You were not trying to crawl under them to wash the underside of the truck and the driveline?

Carolyn tried to. It was the her 'official due date' and was home just starting her maternity leave. I got a call at work from the lady across the street. She said it looked odd to see Carolyn washing the Buick Summerset. But when she laid on her back, slid under the car with her belly hard up against the rocker panels; that was when the neighbor lady called scared for Carolyn. I came home to check on her, but the car was done to satisfaction and was already in the house recleaning it.

Your not weird Heather ... you are going to be having a baby and you have nesting hormones running in overdrive. But in comparison to Carolyn, you have them under control. Congratulations.

PS The following day after this car washing episode, Carolyn went into labor with Katie.

Um, no labor today...unfortunately. But, I WAS under the truck cleaning out the skid plates. I hadn't cleaned the FJ since we camped back in Dec when we went exploring up in WNC. I do think that my neighbors thought it a bit odd with my feet sticking out from under the truck and mud flying out the other side.

So I guess having it "under control" is probably debateable!!!!

Spent 4 hrs today washing the mud out of the 40.

I did the same thing on Friday after work. I discovered we have a pressure washer at my office which made (relatively) quick work of the layers of mud my skids were holding. What normally takes about 3 hours only took about 45 minutes. I know I knocked at least 75-100 lbs off the bottom side. The parking lot behind the building was completely covered in red clay when I was done.

Saturday we continued our prep work for the 350 swap for Bertha. Spent about 6 hrs in the parts cleaner and sand blaster, working on various brackets and the air intake. It was hot and tedious work and we still have a good bit to do before the big swap next weekend.

Removed the old rusty exhaust system. Tried in vain to get drive shaft bolts out and clutch fork in. Covered it up and did yard work and gardening.

14 hours in yesterday (thanks Boot!) - dual battery kit installed, dual battery, 1 4-bay, 1 3-bay and one single DC outlet installed, inverter and fuse box installed, all wires run and tucked away nicely. Switch put on 3-bay DCs, system tested...man I'm tired!

did the "permanent lock fix" on the old grey mare-my 88 62, it was fairly easy, I had to lube everything down, and take the connectors apart/reconnect and the locks sound like they are really going to jump out of the door,,

I did make 1 mistake and cut the wires on the wrong side of the connector,, the original author changed the instructions to help avoid confustion

I repacked and re torqued the front hubs, having the SS flex brake lines makes that a lot easier, you do not have to re bleed the system

I tapped the lower caliper bolt hole on the passenger side knuckle, someone over torqued both of them and they eventually stripped out,, going to 1/2-20 works great
drove the 40 around the pasture, I need to figure out why the cable from the pedal to the carb feels so grainy

Rechecked my slider install to make sure the rubber protectors for brake and AHC lines were still in place.

Also had the auto Tilt/Telescope function turned OFF for steering column.

Adjusted TILT and TELESCOPE manually as motors are troublesome. Going to unplug them completely tomorrow or Sunday once I am sure they are set where I want them.

Waiting on release of Baja Rack for 100 Series...already got name on list, pricing, etc...just waiting on them to be officially released. :p

did the "permanent lock fix" on the old grey mare-my 88 62, it was fairly easy, I had to lube everything down, and take the connectors apart/reconnect and the locks sound like they are really going to jump out of the door,,

I did make 1 mistake and cut the wires on the wrong side of the connector,, the original author changed the instructions to help avoid confustion

I repacked and re torqued the front hubs, having the SS flex brake lines makes that a lot easier, you do not have to re bleed the system

I tapped the lower caliper bolt hole on the passenger side knuckle, someone over torqued both of them and they eventually stripped out,, going to 1/2-20 works great
drove the 40 around the pasture, I need to figure out why the cable from the pedal to the carb feels so grainy

I've got a thead sert kit I used to fix my 60 caliper theads it ya need to borrow it.

Removed Nakamichi head unit from the DIVA...replaced with Pioneer AVH3200DVD but kept factory amp, speakers and subwoofer for now. Custom trim kit should be here Saturday or Tuesday to fill in around D-DIN unit since it has rounded corners and a hump at top unlike the perfectly square LC version.

Still waiting on release of BajaRack to install...

Then:
1. Front bumper
2. Rear bumper
3. Rear ARB Locker
4. Diff Armor, front and second skid plates
5. OME/Ironman Lift Kit to replace AHC when it dies
6. Tint front windows to match others
7. Take out 3rd row seats to sell to someone else :D

Picked up two 40s. I figured I could fix one up in time for the girls to drive it when they get older.

Does this mean you have 3 incomplete trucks to work on now?! (I'm not even counting Big Gay.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom