What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (105 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove up to Telluride, taking one of the many scenic routes. Explored the Alta Lakes area after a pizza in town.

Excellent pics!!

I guess my son the infidel already said that.

What millatruse didn't mentioned is that after one jeep couldn't recover another they drove up and asked us to help.

The jeep was buried in this hole...

image-3145093581.jpg

Hit the remote start to top the battery as I haven't even been in it in almost three months :eek:

Actually my first time on MUD in months... just moved back to the dry side of the state, new job, and a baby on the way ~ glad to be back! I missed y'all

Cruise On
Aaron

it looks like the 80 has the 40 on a leash... :grinpimp:

:cheers:

Installed these shock skids, thanks bhmmapper! I would of thought these were stupid until I changed out some old shocks that were completely bashed and smashed.

image-2607112536.jpg

Took family to a local resivour that they drain this time of year. It reveals a pass through road with some nice off road obstacles. Good times. Couple pics.

Changed Oil

Had 2 new front LTX 275/70 R 16's installed on front

Had Spare Tire original rim restored so it could take tire without leaking. Had been on truck without being removed for 20 years, so massively corroded.

Pulled DS Kick Panel to look for Heater Blower resistor. No Luck. Found Relays though.

Installed the +12V wire for satellite radio receiver.

Still need to find a good ground.

Installed a winch in one of them, and repaired bad #6 cyl injector wiring on the other to cure a stumble and code 306.

Zoe Fire Dept benefit,

Did some wheeling around Natural Bridge Ky at the Zoe Fire dept benefit trail ride... It rained a fair amout early Saturday morning but by 10am or so the rain had quit and the sun came out not long after and turned out to be a nice day...

001.jpg

006.jpg

018.jpg

027.jpg

034.jpg

Replaced headlamps with 9011/9012.

Front Axle Rebuild!!!

PM on front axle cleaned everything really well. 20 years and 257K on the clock the build-up of grease, grim and dirt was pretty amazing. We went through about 8 cans of brake cleaner and a straight edge blade to get down to good clean metal. Now it’s just about cleaning it on a regular bases to make the next time I work on it that much easier.
Checked the Brif’s, axles themselves everything looked pretty good. None of the spline’s were broken and everything seemed to be in pretty good shape internally once we got them out. We replaced the wheel barring’s and put in new race’s. We repacked with new grease, gaskets, seals, brake pads and Zinc slotted rotors. We then, drained and filled front, rear, and transfer case.
Special thanks to the forum, Onur shipped everything I needed and all I asked for was a rebuild kit for the front axle! Every part was included and ready to install, thank you for making that part so easy since there are quite a few parts that I would never had thought of getting.
Especially thank you to Delancy who was the leader of the project. It was my first time tearing into something of this magnitude and honestly could not have done it without Delancy’s help and guidance! This forum is so informative and valuable it feels great to be part of such a wonderful community! Happy Trailing!!!!
Oh and thank you again to the forum for the interior and reverse LED light mod, its amazing what the light out put is on these things. Looks great.
Next up 35 all-terrains (DD) and 3 inch suspension lift!
Travis

Also started rear bumper build:

It's off a third Gen Toyota pick up, I'm modding it to fit the Cruiser.

A few more mods to do then on to the swing away carrier.

I yanked a built 80 on 39.5" IROKs out of a bog...

image-1469486462.jpg

image-81411278.jpg

...with my all-terrained Lexus

image-1469486462.jpg

image-81411278.jpg

Got some new toys in the mail while I was out of town:

image.jpg

This weekend was busy for the 80. I did an egr delete, cleaned all the sunroof drains, replaced the fusible links and the starter cable. This has never started or run so well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom