What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Working on some junk at Fort Irwin this weekend and beyond...
I get to play at NTC this summer!

20190531_094056.jpg

20190601_063852.jpg

Usually don’t get involved with gun arguments since guns are as personal as vehicle choices but for big brown bear hikes.

SW 329PD - 44mag as light as a subcompact
329PD - 25.2oz
Glock 30 empty mag - 26.3oz
View attachment 1989902

I have held that smith and it is a beauty. How is the shoot-ability with the heavy defense loads?

Personally I have found the .44 has a bit more juice out of a longer barrel.

Is there a "Guns of Mud" thread somewhere?

860 vehicles!!! sounds fun! :eek: o_O haha...can it really be any fun with that many people? Just curious.
Absolutely!! check out the website winter4x4jamboree.com to get a feel of all the trails and related event fun. I should also mention we are a 100% non-profit, all the money we raise goes right back in to keeping SW Utah public lands open for EVERYONE to enjoy. Last year we donated $46,000+ to local organizations. As a bonus incentive I'm working on a couple MUD only extra events.

I finally got around to finishing the welding and grinding on my sliders, I ran out of gas half way through last time. Then I got them painted up. Hopefully I can get a pic of them installed tomorrow morning.
20190601_134926.jpg
20190601_151110.jpg

I am super impressed with this paint. I used the same stuff last year when I first built the sliders. When I cut the sliders apart to refit them better I had to do some grinding on the paint and it felt like trying to grind through powder coat. This stuff is absolutely amazing and tough for a rattle can. I had to purchase it at ideal paint distributor. It is basically automotive grade paint and it has a seal on the bottom you have to break to activate the paint right before you use it. It even has an adjustable nozzle, just make sure you have good ventilation because it is some strong stuff.
20190601_151151.jpg

I pulled the 92 FJ80 out of the garage, hadn't been moved in a year. Charged up the battery, turned the key, crank...crank...vroom!

Drove it to the car wash :) She needs a lot of work, A/C compressor, front axle seals, bearings...but it's a labor of love.

15594323738335228110826476977912.jpg

Last edited:
Did the front pads for the first time. Love how the pads slip out the back of the caliper. Chimp simple.

I received these cool OEM oil filters from Beno today, re-built a shaky driver's side mirror last night without breaking anything and replaced a low-beam headlamp.

IMG_0710.JPG

Did the front pads for the first time. Love how the pads slip out the back of the caliper. Chimp simple.
Mine is also a 94. I just ordered everything yesterday to do front brakes, including the rotors, all OEM. I'm looking forward to getting this done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom