What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up a extra t-case from @kbFJ60 for a little 3:1 and UD project. View attachment 1820795 Took the family out last weekend for a quick camp along the coast. View attachment 1820796 View attachment 1820791 Then, went wheeling at Hollister Hills and met up with a crew of 9 80s. We outnumbered the Jeeps and Full Size Towmobiles! Pretty sick.View attachment 1820793View attachment 1820794

7557f285-b057-4cfd-ac45-35ddfee5e964-jpeg.1820793

Like the VX factory swing out, how large is the tire?

I use to be a bubbled s*** green

So I got 12 cans of Rustoleum appliance epoxy, some tape and a bunch of paper... and now Im tan!

I know I didnt care to do any real body work. I just wanted to lighten up the color for the heat and get rid of the flakes.
Looks good but for the love of god get some sliders! You won't be able to open your doors soon. :)

upload_2018-11-3_12-14-3.jpeg
I know it’s not an LC but this was my favorite out there yesterday. It was a beautiful day yesterday weather was perfect to hang out with friends and family.

The board won’t sit flush with the T-nuts I generally like to run a shallow counterbore so the t-nuts are flush with the wood.

Washed and waxed the beast today. I need a bigger garage :bang:.

E26DDEFA-0359-43D9-BD3B-2FF6F6EE9D2B.jpeg

Shout out the @69LC for hooking me up with a new to me hood for my 93 after the dump truck incident. He dropped it off at Fastenal yesterday so I should have it in a few days.

Super excited to not be driving around looking like I rear ended someone!

8F971BF6-F707-451C-935C-D96292B5C6AB.jpeg

So Im prepping truck to head down to overland expo in north carolina, and found this. It appears PO had cut these inner fenderwells to reduce rubbing BUT with the added weight of a group 31 and ALL the wheeling it does the metal had started to tear to the point something bad was gonna happen so until @beno can sell me new inner fenderwells I made a bracket and molted it up rather strong too I may include but Im going to fit it correctly and do so bodywork so I dont have to worry this will happen again and while doing this with the clock a tickin winds picked up to about 70MPH lovely. Last picture is view from my driveway.
DSCN7926.JPG
DSCN7927.JPG
DSCN7928.JPG
DSCN7929.JPG
DSCN7922.JPG

Finally made it home. Long day today working but I managed to get back to the yard and work on the 80 a bit. Installed the Slee Drawers I got from @gearguywb
View attachment 1823278
Just had to move one crossmember one inch so it would work on the 80 since they were originally in a 100.
View attachment 1823279 View attachment 1823277
View attachment 1823280
Then I tested to see if the front runner flat pack storage bag thingies fit! They do.
Also tried to see what things fit in the little cubby spaces at the front of the drawers.View attachment 1823275
I am going to be swapping out the locking mechanisms on it for slam latches. This way I can remove the block off plate and regain a third cubby space up front. They hold lotsa crap! Now I have to get some longer bolts for the plywood on top, so I can add a couple of tiedown points on each end and keep my fridge secured.

By the way the fridge fits in the drawer if I leave the top off. Its an Edgestar 63qt.
Dude!!?!?! thats perfect

Those latches are Southco R3, usually for RV luggage doors.

I had some left over bulb seal, so I am using it as protection for the power cable. I just tore off the bulb seal foam.
View attachment 1823668

Protection when entering a hole is always a good idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom