What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (104 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it about 20-30 min off I-15? I'll be heading up from LA back to Iowa via SLC and packed my trunks if I can find a hot spring or two along the way. Any tips for finding them?
Meadow Hot Springs is even less than that from I-15 and easy to find, just do a search.

post-weekend but was out in CT spending time with my Dad. nice weather so decided to take care of a few things..

played with new jack and jackstands, deleted right side running board, then realized until I get step sliders Dad will have trouble with ingress and egress so put it back on. going to wait for armor, plus I don't like the look of rusty cats

IMG_20160322_160932.jpg

got underneath and FINALLY repaired my Air Lift airbag hoses - the valves are seated at the bottom of the bags since that's the easiest way to route the hoses, but I think it creates excess rubbing/friction and can cause leaks. trimmed the leaking hose end, re-inserted and re-clamped, so far they're holding air. Air Lift customer support is generous and helpful

IMG_20160322_172156.jpg

and picked up a new OBDII scan gage to start chasing a couple of codes (P0120 and P0420) before I start replacing sensors

IMG_20160322_174915.jpg

IMG_20160322_174915.jpg

Last edited:
Spun some tires in the San Rafael Swell.. thats what I did with My 80 this weekend.

20160322_091640.jpg

aaargh.... ... must ... resist ... commenting ... on ... that ... bumpersticker.... :slap:

aaargh.... ... must ... resist ... commenting ... on ... that ... bumpersticker.... :slap:

@LS1FJ40 is changing his username to match that bumper sticker. (I'll let you figure out which one.)

I'm going to keep posting technical pics with that sticker in them just to piss you off! :cheers::flipoff2:

Don't knock farm girls until you've tried them!

That does not look like any farm girl I wanna meet.

So Joey? is Jeff the rig or the dude in fancy boots under the rig?

I failed to mention in the previous post that 80 started out the weekend with running boards. I was following the daughter up a trail pretty steep incline & called to her on the cb "Hey honey I found somebody's running board on the side of the trail." Her response "well it's not mine because I lost mine on the rocks At the sharp turn back there." Which is exactly where I was at!

I failed to mention in the previous post that 80 started out the weekend with running boards. I was following the daughter up a trail pretty steep incline & called to her on the cb "Hey honey I found somebody's running board on the side of the trail." Her response "well it's not mine because I lost mine on the rocks At the sharp turn back there." Which is exactly where I was at!

THAT is a girl raised right. Nice job.

Sooooooo Sears had a great deal on General Tire AT2 Grabbers for the 285/75R16 at $167 ea. So I pulled the trigger and said goodbye to my old street tires.
20160323_173536.jpg
20160323_181925.jpg
Damn they make the old Puddle Destroyer look great!!! I just wanna drive down the road with my head out the window staring at um.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom