What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80 series support vehicle.

DSCN5680A.JPG

STALKED OTHER 60s... I'm always so excited to see one in my area.. VERY FEW HERE!

HA!

J

View attachment 1068456

Oh, how I joyfully reminisce growing up in those Wyoming suburbs. :) Ever notice there's at least one in every town with roughly the same view? On the windward side of town Haha.

To keep it tech here's my new acquisition
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430541789.967120.jpg

Drove the Fj62 to Long Beach today too the "AllToyotaFest"
Talked too Kay from Spector Off-road and took a few pictures of some of Marvs collection of cruisers.
Bought a sticker and shirt and picked up a Spector off road sticker.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430611497.690449.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430611517.826278.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430611532.955197.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430611550.589074.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430611569.553974.jpg

Overall a good day!

Pulled the boat out this weekend.

Drove my 60 to Gerog's swap in Stockton, bought stuff for it. @reevesci saw one of your FJ40 bumpers very nice work.

Installed a new emblem on the front grill and finally got around to replacing the factory front speakers. Huge difference in sound quality!

Installed a new emblem on the front grill and finally got around to replacing the factory front speakers. Huge difference in sound quality!

What did you choose for speakers? I'm replacing my system this week and still haven't decided on fronts.

Shallow depth 5 1-4" Clarions. Purchased them on Amazon on the cheap and they fit behind the factory grills/door cards.

Friday and yesterday (today is Sunday) I paid $750 to replace and install two intake gaskets, a new cat and an o2 sensor. The cat was a straight-pipe-totally melted and nothing left internally. She runs better and finally blew a clean smog. Another hundred for registration and now my wallet is thin. :( I need to get out and go camping or do some fieldwork. :zilla:
AM-SBR11898-120413-014.JPG

The aerial image of my tan FJ60 while we were excavating a chert quarry site in Orange County, CA. What a field truck....

FJ60 in the field low res.jpg

Last edited:
What a field truck....

FJ60 is the best field truck. Mine stays half-way loaded with field gear. Presently the rear seat area is filled with gear for collecting and filtering water samples (doing an eDNA study on salamanders and turtles), a canoe and traps will be going on the roof rack tomorrow for this week's activities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom