What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First drive in months and used it for poop duty! Headed to the Seattle zoo to pick up compost! hahahaha
17082157758_cf7f8e379e_z.jpg

17062518677_b0958690ef_z.jpg

The poo went into containers inside, not just on floor of the cruiser.

so yesterday I was able to finally go up to the mountains and test the 4 wheel drive on my landcruiser. And it did awesome, everything clicked into place like clock work . Now I just need new tires. These are so bald. Any got some good 33's laying around that they wanna sell lol.
jUKwWa8.jpg

Nice pic. Where are you located?

...so how is the gasket working out. They look nice!

WG, I will meet with the gasket maker next week to review things and see if there is a better material than what I have found. They will make a die and stamp a couple for me to look at. If everything is good they will stamp out an order for me. I will also offer with 316 SS or Black zinc allen head screws as well.

Hope to know more in the coming week.

J

Yesterday my cousin was gonna paint the roof of his '83 and I was gonna install the Hella foglights on my '85 but it was mixed rain and snow so we drove mine up to Silverton for lunch at the Kendall Mtn. Cafe. Great ruebens and really great fries. Of course none of the 4wd trails are open up there yet so it was an all-pavement all the time venture.

10995887_10204413912088049_8600095241742656696_n.jpg

Thanks for the photos, Dave. Gotta love the powell area and all of S Utah. The most perfect place for Land Cruising!

Yeah, I need to finish mine up before the weather's too hot. The way it's going Utah might be fall. Needed room for trans and PS coolers in front of the AC condenser.
IMG_4657.jpg
IMG_4658.jpg
IMG_4654.jpg
IMG_4655.jpg

I changed the look of the grill to work with my lights. It's much better than the first I built for my other 60 in 2003. I used some of the same drawings but tidied them up for easier reproduction. I cheated on the first one by using expanded metal and bolting the Toyota grill emblem from an FJ40 to it. Incorporating it into the drawing saves time and money. Here's the two "looks".......... I'll post the powder coated results later

TOYOTA grill looks good, grill with Toyota symbol not so much. I expect the FJ60 grill to have TOYOTA on it so I find the symbol on the grill out of place.

Personally I agree. My younger employee's more into the symbol. They say it looks updated. Of course my truck is five years older than him so what's he know.

Personally I agree. My younger employee's more into the symbol. They say it looks updated. Of course my truck is five years older than him so what's he know.

Funny, darn youngsters... I'm with Jim, I like TOYOTA vs the symbol.

J

I'm officially old I guess...I hate the Toyota symbol. Seeing the Toyota on the 4Runner TRD made that thing look 100x better.

I'm sure there's a need for a grill like this with V-8 /auto swaps. I struggled with too many trying to cram trans coolers and such between the stock grill and condenser. When I did them one off it was a " build then trim to fit thing " . I made about a dozen changes to the drawings ,
now it's as easy as the factory to install

Shake down run of about 80 miles round trip at highway speeds, overall went well but really need to fix the EGR J pipe gasket as that was driving me nuts.

I wanted to mount a highlift to my ARB rack but they don't make a mount.

Yakima does. I thought it was not going to work as the vertical bars on the Baja Basket it was designed for keep it stable.

Worked fine.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom