What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I decided to work on the power windows in my 62. They were getting slower and slower.
Winter made it worse. Tried lubing the mechanicals, used dry touch silicon in the window tracks with no improvement.
Ordered flocked channel rubber based on another thread.

The window in the video wouldnt go down all the way prior to the replacement. it wouod chatter and I could hear the motor struggling. After the new stuff was installed it hauls butt.

D817F344-99AF-4D51-94AC-CFB8059AA16A.jpeg

my gut reaction is your in the truck moving around no doubt , the fuel sender is a precision guage annd the fuel is well rolling and side to side small but measurable swells like a ocean tide a tad from you getting in and out of the truck working , so the float is oscillating up and down a tad ........

hence a variable constantly changing meter reading
The fuel receiver gauge voltage "vibrates" without the fuel sender at the tank connected. The vibrating voltage must be a function of the gauge.

20210220_183556.jpg

assumed the plug was connected to the sender ........
Yeah its strange just the meter would cause the voltage to vibrate. I found a meter cluster with a fuel receiver in my parts today. I'm going to dig out the old analog meter and play around. I'll post my findings.

After over 17 years in storage, today I installed the original front carpet, heating ducts, side panels, thresholds, seats, center console, and shift knobs back in my 86 FJ60. The truck was parked in 2003 after we dropped the transmission looking for a vibration. At the time I bought another LC and lost interest. Just before the holidays I decided it was finally time to do something with the old truck. We replaced the clutch and some other parts robbed over the years and fired it up a couple weeks ago. Its running great with the new clutch and no more vibration. Been dealing with a few other things like the steering clunk and a bad fuel sender. Today it was finally time to work on the interior. Now if I can just find the screws for the glove box door.

20210221_142659.jpg

20210221_154405.jpg

20210221_171432.jpg

Finished @dnp carpet installation. I put front seats back in, but waiting on rear seatbelts and seat covers still.
What an amazing difference the 80 mil Killmat made! It's like a new truck. I cannot recommend this stuff more.
NICE! I'm excited to get mine in, as well as LizardSkin under it..

Preemptive apologies for all of you folks having the white stuff be a daily occurrence in Winter time. But for us Southern flatlanders temps in the single digits and snow everywhere is a whole new thing. Had to fetch my son from work in the Cruiser last night. His Nissan mini truck was not meant for driving in the snow and as a relatively new driver he has never had opportunity to drive in anything but rain. Never have had to put my Cruiser in 4WD around here for anything so this is prolly one of the first times since I have had it that its been in 4WD for any length. As I post this its 12 outside with the sun shinning. I have lived here some 50 years and the lowest I have ever seen in that time around here is 8. Last night got down to 5. I know, I know.....boring. But was cool to be able to have a vehicle to get my kid safely home. Not that interesting but great to have my trusty 60 series ready for action. And its what I did with it this weekend.

View attachment 2586232View attachment 2586234

heart warming story - drive safe you guys! :)

After over 17 years in storage, today I installed the original front carpet, heating ducts, side panels, thresholds, seats, center console, and shift knobs back in my 86 FJ60. The truck was parked in 2003 after we dropped the transmission looking for a vibration. At the time I bought another LC and lost interest. Just before the holidays I decided it was finally time to do something with the old truck. We replaced the clutch and some other parts robbed over the years and fired it up a couple weeks ago. Its running great with the new clutch and no more vibration. Been dealing with a few other things like the steering clunk and a bad fuel sender. Today it was finally time to work on the interior. Now if I can just find the screws for the glove box door.

View attachment 2592841

View attachment 2592842

View attachment 2592843
Love the interior color on this truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom