What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I appreciate the centering pin. Icon needs to step it up on the resis for the rear. I converted my piggy back omegas to resi and move the hose under the sliders in front of the rear wheel well and cupped my frame to make room for the big shock body. A pin would have been nice.

Too hot out and way too hung over today to dig around in and under the truck trying to figure out this relay wiring setup for the running board lights….

So I opted for some hair of the dog and painting the lenz design snorkel in the shade
F44B9F2E-2E07-423B-BBEA-91060BFC42DB.jpeg
914E08DB-D269-40C6-9303-1E3A494586FD.jpeg

Heading to autozone for a silicone coupler, and then getting up the courage to drill a 4” hole in the fender….

This week is going to bring the 470s to the shop. Have a warranty RCV boot kit, outer and 2 wheel hub assemblies for Maggie and HP is getting oil, tire rotation, and the rear tire swing out is getting a rework to fit the 37 properly. The oil is me being lazy. The tire rotation is also lazy, but they weigh 130 lbs a piece and the shop has a tire mover lol. The swing out I just want the welding of the shop owner as I need it strong! Otherwise....the trucks are solid and performed well all the way out and back for Colorado. Next up is time on Maggie for some PIAA retro lights and an awning install. One must always pose on poser rock lol.

20220715_182153080_iOS.jpg

20220715_181641909_iOS.jpg

@GXO is that the orange CV boot that failed? How many miles out of curiosity? I have heard mixed reviews of those boots.

I looked at the CVJ's but got All-Pros instead. They are still holding up fine after 5K or so, but my rig is pretty mild :). I was ripping boots every few months with reman axles.

I looked at the CVJ's but got All-Pros instead. They are still holding up fine after 5K or so, but my rig is pretty mild :). I was ripping boots every few months with reman axles.
They sent all new boot kits for both trucks for both CVs. They also send an outer for her CV as we ran it pretty dry across the country and back. They are being rebooted as we speak (in the shop for a punch list post Colorado). Went to black boots vs orange and doing all of them with a better stronger clamp. I have no idea why RCV put the boots they put on them on. I think they were just old stock because orange boots are on backorder yet the CVs we bought for Maggie were orange.

What is a Becky and where can I get that ladder? It looks functional. How much can it hold? Asking for a friend…errrr I ain’t light.

What is a Becky and where can I get that ladder? It looks functional. How much can it hold? Asking for a friend…errrr I ain’t light.
A "becky" is the name of the rear tire holder that is installed onto the rear door itself.

the ladder is from NashFab

Rebuilt both lower control arms with new bushings and ball joints. Also replaced the sway bar links. The front steering feel improved dramatically. Watching those bushing come popping out when they release was exciting. I have the hardware to do the uppers also, but ran out of time.

I need to replace my LCA bushings & ball joints as well as sway bar links and bushings. What brand did you go with for your parts?

Old school solo camping with all the gear in boxes and in the back of the suv. Not much outside other than the Gobi ladder to carry my 3-gal rotopax

Plano boxes stay inside on the passenger side while my 5.5” thick foam mattress (only 29” wide x 78” long) unfolds on the driver side

Only a few more mods and I’ll catch up with Vlad and Maggie! @GXO LOL

DEBA6646-7442-42CC-BD8D-D7D958911F75.jpeg

01ADEB2C-F63A-49BA-B9CD-D23613C5F2E5.jpeg

A3CB0BA9-C35D-4344-9CB7-D7FB8085E0B9.jpeg

FABFDA4D-1917-49C2-BBA8-31760C3729FC.jpeg

I need to replace my LCA bushings & ball joints as well as sway bar links and bushings. What brand did you go with for your parts?
A combination of Delphi and Moog from Rock Auto. I've used those two brands on other cars before with no issues.

Old school solo camping with all the gear in boxes and in the back of the suv. Not much outside other than the Gobi ladder to carry my 3-gal rotopax

Plano boxes stay inside on the passenger side while my 5.5” thick foam mattress (only 29” wide x 78” long) unfolds on the driver side

What is funny is we have split our builds now. She is the camper/sleep/eat rig with the bed and awning and stuff and I am the support truck with the fridge and solar and tools and parts, etc. We are planning to be able to run together on any trail and overland/camp as we go with minimal setup and shared spaces.

Those are clear pictures! thanks for posting. I have browsed through many posts about replacing the evaporator core on the GC470/Prado 120. It seems that a proper repair requires a full dash removal. But I keep hoping this can somehow be avoided. Looking at the 2nd picture. Is there a way the blower box at the right can be removed with the heater unit in place? And after that is there any way to slide out the evaporator core? I wouldn't mind making a hole in the heater box with a multitool if this is the way to avoid the full dash removal.

sorry, meant to reply to "jsclimbs" on page 211, overlooked rest of thread.
So I’m no expert mechanic. Barely qualify as a hobbyist - probably more of a “bite off more than I can chew because of YouTube and forum posts”, but I am fairly certain you do have to remove the whole dash.

Don’t let it psych you out though. It’s not hard to do. The most important aspect is noting the order you remove pieces and disconnect cables. If you can be detail oriented and take good notes and pictures, then the job itself can be knocked out in a weekend.

Otherwise, the labor costs can be brutal. The shop that did mine is a good Indy shop in atl that offers a 3 year warranty, and I think this is the single most expensive shop job for me to date, close to $4k (but that also includes replacing all the motors and actuators).

1065F252-9184-4F41-AC22-71FACFED0540.jpeg

Drove into an open construction site after hours, someone left the gate open! I was respectful and didn’t whip any dirt donuts, as much as I wanted to! Haha

View attachment 3078741

Is that an interior release handle for the back door? How'd you do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom