What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Retrofit some LED pods into the fog lights last weekend. I cut up the stock adjuster housing and mounted the pod to it to retain the aiming adjustability. The fogs are wired into the stock housing cap as well so it plugs into the stock harness and operates just like factory. I'm happy with it for a $35 pair of amazon lights. View attachment 3101941View attachment 3101942View attachment 3101943View attachment 3101944
Any tips or guides on your bumper cut? It looks great!

Yup, those are the same ones.

Any tips or guides on your bumper cut? It looks great!

Dang I didn't even notice it at first! Very clean!

Thanks! I just used some 2" masking tape along the natural line that's already in the bumper there under the fog lights and then measured down from where the bumper meets the fender on each side to make it even. I used a scribe to make the rounded corners but you could use a coke can or whatever you have to make a smooth corner. Cut along the bottom side of the tape. Pretty simple. I've heard some people cut the bumper with a carpet blade for a box cutter, I used an electric cut off wheel. Took me about 15 min to tape it off and cut it. The trim I got from an OReilly's and had to use some super glue in the corners to keep it from sagging.

Added crazy expensive recovery points :p Need to massage up and trim the fender liners, get the rad rubber put in, relocate the windshield fluid and wire up the lights...was thinking about doing the 3x3 nighlights to the fog stem switch and then putting the DTRL on a switch with the bullets. Right now my DTRL only come on when the headlights are off.

IMG_20220903_205022778~2.jpg

Had this hood stamp sitting around for over a year. Finally got around to installing this morning. NOT an easy job with one person. It's definitely not perfect and will likely get professionally replaced in the future, but for now it'll do the trick to protect my fading hood.

9E19AC1A-23F2-4952-ACDE-97D8784530ED_1_102_o.jpeg

B186E949-B08A-41FC-B038-186528AF9F58_1_102_o.jpeg

Nice. Is there a drone driving down the highway?
No. It sounds good but the louder sound accentuates the fact that our transmissions suck. I hear it hunting more than before.

Picking this up Tuesday from a big chain dealer. 137k miles, 2008, colorado/denver car, 2 owner.

Waiting on a new windshield for the dealers safety inspection. The one in it now is the original (super rare in colorado) and had a 2” crack in it.

Been searching for a while luckily have enough time to fluid film/Wool wax before winter when it’s easier to spray (ie 80-90s temp)
363A64D2-FAFF-4757-8145-CF0914273F40.jpeg
78EF4E71-F39D-4A13-AC33-196617779D66.jpeg
BFF41D9B-E0C9-444C-AA5A-7EF198C20524.jpeg
0EC7C973-26C2-4F85-956E-44A79FCC4750.jpeg

Had a wedding Friday in Custer South Dakota so made the weekend of it and did some exploring. Had to see Crazy horse and Mount Rushmore of course. Then made our way to devils tower after some delicious food and brews in Spearfish. Finally we took the long way home and got to see some pretty amazing parts of Wyoming.

Busy 3 day weekend in just a few sentences and photos but the main point of the story is to get out and go places! We did about 1100 miles in the GX and can’t wait till the next trip!
6E9C66C6-C1C3-440D-992F-611F993D6E44.jpeg
BBC3A41A-B768-415F-83BE-CC6AA0242F29.jpeg
78286073-730E-45E8-949B-69FE6EBAEF87.jpeg
37C9BC19-9DCE-4476-A9BE-6AAB34DE03AF.jpeg
D0B47369-036F-4E94-A84B-73D83EB702A4.jpeg

Picked up my new to me gx470 and already getting to work on it. The gx is mostly rust free with some starting on the welds. So I went and ahead and cleaned the inside and outside of the frame. Sanded down the rust on the welds with a die grinder and a wire wheel. Then cleaned the frame again with solvents. After that used east wood internal frame coating, and Eastwood frame paint / rust encapsulator. A little overkill, but with low mileage great maintenance I wanted to keep this one around a while.

Next is a wool wax treatment.

2F8249FA-7596-4017-BB7D-BE47490DEF7E.jpeg
44780191-6C56-4794-8D36-E6D4EEF2A6AE.jpeg

C2C8F4CF-C836-4E4E-830F-A2D8D27A7884.jpeg
013E459B-E15C-4FD0-8489-7FB7219C1C17.jpeg
484F90BB-271B-4BE8-8E0E-C7B6F7356500.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up my new to me gx470 and already getting to work on it. The gx is mostly rust free with some starting on the welds. So I went and ahead and cleaned the inside and outside of the frame. Sanded down the rust on the welds with a die grinder and a wire wheel. Then cleaned the frame again with solvents. After that used east wood internal frame coating, and Eastwood frame paint / rust encapsulator. A little overkill, but with low mileage great maintenance I wanted to keep this one around a while.

Next is a wool wax treatment.
Nice job! Your frame looked pretty good to begin with too. Woolwax is great stuff - mine has been on for almost a year now and is still protecting my GX despite tons of creek crossings, mudholes, and washing. They only really need a light annual recoat once you get a good basecoat on there.

FYI, I did have problems with the hose falling off of the fitting that attached to the Woolwax gun - one of them actually fell off and is stuck inside my frame! I called Woolwax and they sent me a new one for free. Next time I do a coating I'm going to put a small ear-type hose clamp on the fitting to keep the hose on.

Last edited:
Nice job! Your frame looked pretty good to begin with too. Woolwax is great stuff - mine has been on for almost a year now and is still protecting my GX despite tons of creek crossings, mudholes, and washing. They only really need a light annual recoat once you get a good basecoat on there.

FYI, I did have problems with the hose falling off of the fitting that attached to the Woolwax gun - one of them actually fell off and is stuck inside my frame! I called Woolwax and they sent me a new one for free. Next time I do a coating I'm going to put a small ear-type hose clamp on the fitting to keep the hose on.

I was using fluid film and a harbor freight electric gun, but the wool wax is so much nicer to work with. Less smell, doesn’t drip everywhere while spraying.

And the gun itself is much nicer than the electric gun. Yeah I did notice the fittings and tubes for the extension move, I’ll do the same before I spray the wife’s 460.

Got my Curt trailer brake controller installed as well as my Hayden automotive trans cooler. Relocated the horns and it was an easy install. Tranny fluid is definitely dirty but didn’t smell burnt so good sign! Plan on doing a drain and fill sooner than later.

So I was able to snap a few photos of the V2 updates we did to the swing arm...

So we didn't really change any dimensions or angles on the arm itself it was mainly cosmetic updates. The plate bracket originally we had broken the mounting screws when we put them into the arm so it was mounted unevenly. We drilled new holes and threaded them instead of just using metal screws. MUCH nicer that way. Also since we were able to run the wiring inside the arm after we corrected a brain fart when building the arm the first time we filled in the holes and also sealed the bracket/light with silicon to prevent any water intrusion.

swing arm v2 1.jpg

We also relocated the backup camera and ran that wiring down the tire carrier post where it joined up with the plate light wiring and then was ran to the end of the arm and exited just before the hinge and into the bumper shell.

swing arm v2 6.jpg

What is not seen is that in the bumper area there is a 4 pin trailer light plug and an RCA connector so the wiring can be disconnected without having to cut the writing. Makes for a nice easy package. Unplug, unbolt, dismount the arm! Gods I love the simple things in life!

swing arm v2 2.jpg

Simple, clean... functional!

swing arm v2 1.jpg

Still need to sort out a better rear camera mount then the one currently on there but even at the offset angle it works and I shouldn't hit anything.

swing arm v2 3.jpg

So V2 is a great update to the original in terms of appearances and of course the camera is great to have back again. It was has been very functional and sturdy from the start so I am very happy with it in that respect.
Looks good.
Works good.
Cost effective vs having to do a full bumper or even a hitch tire carrier.

Again shout out to my buddy Chris in VA couldn't have done it without your skills!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom