What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oooooo looks nice! I didn't make wings on my last drawer build for the 80, but it should would have been handy. Today, I patiently waited for packages to arrive. Updating the lights on the front (LED and baja designs), diagnosing an issue with the CC and horn that is leading me to the clock spring but scared to go that route, and I should be installing new driveshafts this week.

EDIT:
LEDs are awaiting wiring and install.
IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

The shafts came today. Packaging wasn't exactly designed for something of this weight...
IMG_3230.jpg

Last edited:
I've been happy with it . It isn't crazy-strong, and I'd like to add a 3rd bracket as I can see where over time it might shift.

I've opened it in wind of about 10mph (less than 15, for sure) and it did just fine. I plan to replace the guylines, using something more visible (the bright yellow blends in surprisingly well to sand/dry dirt) and I'm thinking about ways to include a foot-plate on the poles so that I can pin them down.

I predict that the eventual failure will be at the hinges of the swing-out arms as they only move through a horizontal arc and any/all pressure will be vertical.... so at some point a gust or just a million smaller gusts, will fatigue the aluminum.

Overall..... it's worth more than the $100 pricetag.

awningPXL_20210916_203734025.jpg

Last edited:
My oldest is a senior this year and we let her drive the GX to school and all the afterschool activities. Well, I hear her pull in one day and the brakes are grinding and dragging a little. Go inspect and she's ran out of pad on the front passenger and never heard/notice. I've been eyeballing some drilled and slotted for my next change on my Tacoma so I ordered a set for this one to see how they do. On the cheaper end but with good, with mixed, reviews were the Detroit rotors. Local shop could turn the stockers in a couple of hours headsup so I took the next day gamble and they work so far so good.

Brake pad replacement, and fluid flush. Saw these floaters in the master cylinder and have no idea on what they are. Seem sort of like gelled something-or-other. Thoughts?

IMG_3246.jpeg

Moisture sediment maybe?
Maybe, no idea on how long it all was in there. PO has records of changing out the master cylinder at least once while under warranty.

In related news, changed out my front driveshaft today along with the Diff Support #2. If I hear any clucking, something else is a miss. Not sure why, but now that I look at the rig in the garage it seems to show some off-camber in the front.

@TLar25

3" all around?
Yeah, forgot to measure before hand though. It's super tall right now, LT rear, heavy load. Honestly probably 4 or 5 inches higher in the rear 😅 but I'm happy with it so far. It was a pain in the a## to get in though. Had to compress the springs way farther than I was comfortable with and jack the other side of the axle allll the way up. Had several blocks of wood under the frame in the rear to lift the truck high enough. It was a little sketchy, but nobody died and we got it done. Here's a screenshot of what I ordered
Screenshot_20210927-090352.jpg

And can you get it out of the garage now?
🤣

So moderate front and heavy rear, I assume you're planning for drawers and bumper and tire and all that stuff in the back? Do you have a build going on this one?

Nice work quick progress 🤘😈🤘

*Edit*
I just reread, so the variable rate and long travel is what makes it 3 in. That's rad, this looks like you're setting up for a ride set up with great articulation 😎

And can you get it out of the garage now?
🤣

So moderate front and heavy rear, I assume you're planning for drawers and bumper and tire and all that stuff in the back? Do you have a build going on this one?

Nice work quick progress 🤘😈🤘

*Edit*
I just reread, so the variable rate and long travel is what makes it 3 in. That's rad, this looks like you're setting up for a ride set up with great articulation 😎
Yeah gonna build some drawers eventually, maybe do a Becky tire mount. No build going, maybe will start one some day. No funds for a front bumper anytime soon so didn't go heavy there, and yeah I wanted a good amount of travel in the rear. Got rid of both sway bars as well. Probably gonna get durobumps and a PCK next

Last edited:
Finished the front light swap out. Now won't have to worry about changing one of the bulbs every 6 months like I was for the past few years. Ran into an issue with Slee's adapters where one of the brackets didn't have the foglight tab folded over. Ben at Slee was awesome and sent me a replacement that arrived super quick! Kudos on them for making it right and super quick about it too!

IMG_3258.jpg

Bummer news is that my 1156 socket holder snapped at the base while I was reassembling it all back together. So more parts to order...

Replaced the turn signal 1156 socket holders. One looked worse than the other. Anyone else notice the charing on your sockets?

IMG_3279.jpeg

Also did the fog light mod to keep them engaged with high beams on. The BD ambers are awesome!

Replaced the turn signal 1156 socket holders. One looked worse than the other. Anyone else notice the charing on your sockets?

View attachment 2800772

Also did the fog light mod to keep them engaged with high beams on. The BD ambers are awesome!
My pass side was really bad/broke so I replaced it with a cheap aftermarket option. I think the DRL's would get too hot though and the blinker started to malfunction, blinking fast/sporadically when engaged. I just disabled the DRL's in techstream but I need to just get an OEM socket and change it out. Need to do the fog light mod as well. Do you have an output shot of the BD's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom