What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Built a rear platform for under $100. Still need to add the 'bridge' to the second row seats, but I don't anticipate using it as a bed very often. Used unistrut for the frame.

20210116_160932.jpg

20210116_161212.jpg

20210116_144129.jpg

Excellent work! I spent a while contemplating this path as well, how much weight can the unsupported end hold before it starts to buckle?
Thank you. I haven't tested for weight capacity yet. I added in some ~1/4" wooden reinforcement strips running front to back. Planning to do some testing later today. Will report back w testing results and final carpeted pics.

Added some useful storage to the rear door since the factory net was trash and I need something low profile to work with my table. I got the apron for $12 and attached it with a couple of screws and washers I had laying around in about 10 mins.

Amazon product ASIN B00GK4U1ZY
20210117_113534.jpg

Added some useful storage to the rear door since the factory net was trash and I need something low profile to work with my table. I got the apron for $12 and attached it with a couple of screws and washers I had laying around in about 10 mins.

Amazon product ASIN B00GK4U1ZY
View attachment 2555957
Any details on the table? Attachments at the top and bottom? I plan to build one this summer.

Any details on the table? Attachments at the top and bottom? I plan to build one this summer.
3/4" plywood cut to shape and primed/painted with tractor paint for moisture protection and durability.

Piano hinge all along the bottom with provided screws going into the plastic panel. Inside the panel I attached some thin scrap wood for hinge screws to bite into and sandwich the pastic.

It is suspended from the top using a single piece of paracord that is looped through the plastic panel and metal inner door frame. Ends of the paracord are secured to the table with some 2.5" long eye screws.

It's held closed with some super strong magnets with scrap wood behind the pastic for strength like I did for the hinge. I actually had to use felt furniture feet pads to provide some space to allow these things let go of each other. It felt like I was going to rip the panel off without the pads.

It is completely silent thanks to the lack of metal on metal parts, easy to use (no latches or ties to keep it in place), and was cheap to make and mount. All in was probably less than $50 for the hardware. I wouldn't throw a 5 gallon jug of water on it, but it is more than adequate for prepping meals or holding a small cooler with a 12 pack.

programmed two spare keys.
That took about five minutes

3/4" plywood cut to shape and primed/painted with tractor paint for moisture protection and durability.

Piano hinge all along the bottom with provided screws going into the plastic panel. Inside the panel I attached some thin scrap wood for hinge screws to bite into and sandwich the pastic.

It is suspended from the top using a single piece of paracord that is looped through the plastic panel and metal inner door frame. Ends of the paracord are secured to the table with some 2.5" long eye screws.

It's held closed with some super strong magnets with scrap wood behind the pastic for strength like I did for the hinge. I actually had to use felt furniture feet pads to provide some space to allow these things let go of each other. It felt like I was going to rip the panel off without the pads.

It is completely silent thanks to the lack of metal on metal parts, easy to use (no latches or ties to keep it in place), and was cheap to make and mount. All in was probably less than $50 for the hardware. I wouldn't throw a 5 gallon jug of water on it, but it is more than adequate for prepping meals or holding a small cooler with a 12 pack.
Thanks! I'll use a lot of that when I construct. I like the scrap wood behind the piano hinge - makes more sense than a piece of metal bar stock that I was considering. Mine will have a similar use (holding up the camp stove and cutting board when prepping meals) and will never see anything heavy. $50 is a lot better than the $300+ for a metal one.

Installed RCI’s sliders this weekend, they arrived quickly and wrapped very well. I was able to get three carriage bolts and 5 threaded bolts in on each side. We attempted to lift the vehicle with the slider and it had minor deflection (<.25”), which seems well within reason. Installation asked for .5” below the pinch weld, so even under full deflection, there was plenty of room. Fitment seems good, it is maybe 1” from the front and .5” from the rear.

I’m excited to use them and so far they look excellent and should provide excellent peace of mind.

99B32350-8F8C-4DDC-98A7-252F70654839.jpeg

4B28772F-D949-447F-8D93-B2B65BACB17F.jpeg

16818883-91CC-4DFC-801C-7F1D3BBB61DF.jpeg

3E41B2AA-74EC-4F7C-983E-7F2C58161183.jpeg

C735B29A-C2A5-4913-9DC0-D51C02BA432E.jpeg

Got techstream working using the 5 minute setup from this forum. I was expecting lots of issues but it really did only take 5-10 minutes. Turned off DRL, auto sensing wipers and set wireless fob to open all doors on first press. Going to try programming my tpms sensors once I get their codes.

Got techstream working using the 5 minute setup from this forum. I was expecting lots of issues but it really did only take 5-10 minutes. Turned off DRL, auto sensing wipers and set wireless fob to open all doors on first press. Going to try programming my tpms sensors once I get their codes.
when you turn the auto wipers off does it change it to regular intermittent style?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom