What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wanna come do my GX? Haha.
hell ****ing no. its easier than i though it would be, but damn tedious and gotta pay attention to wtf your doing

took me about 3 hours to do what i did

Received the Kaon rear door cage, to replace the saggy net contraption.
Took about 2 weeks to ship from OZ...install was simple, but you need to remove the rear door panel first.
Second time I’ve done that...so far nothing has broken.

1B0800B9-6AA9-44C6-9791-34CA3C6FA056.jpeg

18AB5721-1B43-45F7-8490-0DF5923581F5.jpeg

Installed my Icom 2730 ham radio with a COMET-NCG SS-680SBNMO. Radio is mounted under passenger seat and faceplate is mounted with SBE Precision mount. Antenna mount is from Gamiviti.

IMG_20200725_115829.jpg
IMG_20200725_120939.jpg

hell f***ing no. its easier than i though it would be, but damn tedious and gotta pay attention to wtf your doing

took me about 3 hours to do what i did

For small pieces like that you can cut you vinyl oversized some and lay it on a folded towel sticky side up. Then line up the long side of the piece and roll the piece across like a rubber stamp on an ink pad. Try not to let the vinyl slide. Apply the bulk of it not stretched then it’ll leave some leeway to stretch around edges and corners.

For small pieces like that you can cut you vinyl oversized some and lay it on a folded towel sticky side up. Then line up the long side of the piece and roll the piece across like a rubber stamp on an ink pad. Try not to let the vinyl slide. Apply the bulk of it not stretched then it’ll leave some leeway to stretch around edges and corners.

where were you before???? damn thats actually a good idea. and i got most of it layed and didnt have to stretch to much. got more proficient at it the more i did it but still tedious

where were you before???? damn thats actually a good idea. and i got most of it layed and didnt have to stretch to much. got more proficient at it the more i did it but still tedious

LOL. Heat helps when making edges fit or fill crevices and indents. High heat like a hot air gun.

Tinkered with little stuff...
-Deleted the TPMS blinking light permanently. Damn thing drove me crazy.
-Replaced the sagging rear hatch door net with a cage from Kaon.
-Mounted up a spare set of 4Runner rims, powder coated grey. Rattle canned the hubcaps and lugnuts. Saw some pics from @GXLee and really liked the combo.

D6E8DB44-7E27-4E33-A548-692D86FF80EC.jpeg

B0102D97-35CD-4B86-919D-1EB8F343ACC6.jpeg

F72DD412-0E5E-497D-911E-659B108F5B12.jpeg

Tinkered with little stuff...
-Deleted the TPMS blinking light permanently. Damn thing drove me crazy.
-Replaced the sagging rear hatch door net with a cage from Kaon.
-Mounted up a spare set of 4Runner rims, powder coated grey. Rattle canned the hubcaps and lugnuts. Saw some pics from @GXLee and really liked the combo.

View attachment 2384449

View attachment 2384450

View attachment 2384451
You may have finally sold me on the snowflakes. I don't care for them in the factory white or the black that I've seen a few people do, but that grey does work, especially since we both have the same color GX. Mmmmm....

Do you have a write up or a little info on how you accomplished this? I’m highly interested in doing this at some point. The horn and volume are really the only things I use on the steering wheel.
The horn I was able to pull the pin out and put it where the stock one had it. The volume I haven't got around to but I'm just going to cut and solder to the original harness I think. Or maybe buy a spare cause the pins are a pain in the ass to remove even with the little tools.

Or maybe buy a spare cause the pins are a pain in the ass to remove even with the little tools

That’s no joke. It was a major pain in the ass trying to swap out pins on a harness to install my smart tap on.

She shines up quite nice. Full detail, shampoo and a wax. Last picture before the wheels, tires and front bumper get put on.

FC6367E8-A6BD-4965-BE60-F5F139D0C7C4.jpeg

DF861A43-83B4-428F-BE1C-AEBF2864729E.jpeg

Deleted the running boards. I used the “keep the trim in place and cut” method

A9D545F7-D21E-4746-B808-34D61D2BF90A.jpeg

4AB63E3C-73A2-4AD4-83B1-C38DC1AE1A30.jpeg

Put my stock front bumper back on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom