What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed spark plugs...and after god knows how many miles (90k+) the plugs were still almost new. So that is a good sign.

Also sanded down the rust off of the battery tray and sprayed it with high temp paint until I get the vehicle sprayed.

Changed spark plugs...and after god knows how many miles (90k+) the plugs were still almost new. So that is a good sign.

Also sanded down the rust off of the battery tray and sprayed it with high temp paint until I get the vehicle sprayed.

Ah yeah my battery tray is totally rusty too. Did you just use a wire wheel? What brand of paint?

I did the grom vine vl1 install today. Man the screen on the 04 is bad. But hey it’s car play. Only broke 3 trim clips so it wasn’t a total disaster. Will write it up soon.

Ah yeah my battery tray is totally rusty too. Did you just use a wire wheel? What brand of paint?

I did the grom vine vl1 install today. Man the screen on the 04 is bad. But hey it’s car play. Only broke 3 trim clips so it wasn’t a total disaster. Will write it up soon.

Use a wire brush attachment then a softer grinding disk.

As for the paint it was my buddy’s and I didn’t pay attention. I also added 2 coats of clear just to keep it protected until I can do it properly when the truck gets Kevlar coated.

Plugs are rated for 120k so getting 90k out of them is easy

Swapped the chrome lug nuts for black.
20200803_133352.jpg

Plugs are rated for 120k so getting 90k out of them is easy

I realize that. :) I was making the point that after 90k+ miles the plugs looked nearly new. Don’t be a buzzkillington!! ;)

My LX450 and my sons GX470. The GX was my wifes and I was building it for me as a future vehicle. I ending up letting my son have it. Of course I'm still building it LOL because I love the process.

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

Finally dragged out the running boards from storage and trimmed them. I tried to get them even with the bottom of the door line in preparation for some sliders that are arriving in a few weeks. I think i may have trimmed a millimeter or two too much..but wont lose sleep over it.
TRIM.jpg

Did another loop drive Sunday and Monday. Some pavement, few trails. Started in Pagosa Springs, through Durango to Silverton. Did Clear Lake, and started Kendall Mountain. Camped there Sunday night (awesome, check the photo thread to see campsite). Finished Kendall mountain Monday morning. There was a Tacoma there all by itself, the guy drew a stick figure parachuting so I think he jumped; zoom in you can see his drawing. Then did Picayune & Placer gulches before taking Cinnamon Pass towards lake city then highway to Twin Forks, back over Wolf Creek Pass (hello National Lampoons Vacation) and back to pagosa
DD30EF81-A631-432B-94BC-6AF965FD6832.jpeg
C3FAAF83-2C69-429E-8638-20E203E72199.jpeg
2D33DBED-CF6A-47B9-B15E-887CAFEC45D5.jpeg
3D13E340-BD9C-4524-8FA1-24E73DA6203A.jpeg
1DD05252-E2F5-4898-804B-488AADF58224.jpeg

IMG_20200805_120758619.jpg

IMG_20200805_172341405.jpg
I started the day snapping a bolt on the sequoia shocks because I wanted to swap springs. Decided to install white line bushings in the spare set of LCA for the GX instead.

The AC hasn't been working as well in traffic this summer since I had the radiator replaced with the TB/WP this past fall. I think the foam that was originally between them is missing or disintegrated so I taped up the big gap between the condenser and radiator with some aluminum duct tape. Now the AC is working better than it ever has and its a refrigerator even in stop and go traffic

IMG_20200807_131452.jpg

IMG_20200807_153458.jpg

IMG_20200807_153518.jpg

hmmm My a/c is good but might i do that just to see what happens. my foam is gone as well after a replacement.

I repaired 2 servos and replaced a 3rd for the AC. Now I have ice cold air, hot hot heat, and it comes out of whatever vents I want it to, and it does all of this without sounding like Gepetto’s workshop is under my dash!

The driver’s side servo was super easy to get to and repair. worm gear had some play causing the gears to slip a little. Followed this guide on YouTube by Froggy. No clicking from driver’s side!

the passenger side ones were an absolute nightmare to get to. Tore my hands up. The 2 with issues were the ones up against the center console. You’re supposed to drop the entire blower assembly, but I didn’t want to deal with all that. In hindsight, if I have to do this again, I will.

the mode servo had just slipped off the track. The mix servo unfortunately had way too much play and needed to be replaced not repaired. Toyota dealer had it in stock, and was able to pick it up along with the 2 castle nuts and cotter pins for my LCA job next weekend.

as you can see from the picture below, there’s no room at for your hands or an sort of socket extension. A long Phillips head was great for removing the screws, but trying to get them back in place was a nightmare. Even with a magnetic screwdriver, you have to snake them so much they fall all off a ton. At least they did for me.

after 2 hours of trying to get the last screw in, I tried shoving some candle wax in the head of the screw. This gave it just enough sticking power to the screwdriver.

drove around for an hour - changing ac settings a ton - no noise at all except for air blowing. Fantastic.

40A4DF00-120C-420B-8350-A6BEBF449A90.jpeg

Still a work in progress... I got tired of not having a physical volume control knob after installing an Android head unit. Pulled the unit today and found a good spot to mount a rotary encoder. Still working on the software side... An Arduino Nano will receive the rotation left/right and then mimic the volume up/down buttons being pressed on the steering wheel.

IMG_20200808_203129.jpg

Still a work in progress... I got tired of not having a physical volume control knob after installing an Android head unit. Pulled the unit today and found a good spot to mount a rotary encoder. Still working on the software side... An Arduino Nano will receive the rotation left/right and then mimic the volume up/down buttons being pressed on the steering wheel.

View attachment 2397724

Holy crap I love this idea. I hate not having a volume knob.

Wife said 'don't drill a hole to hang a trash bag' and the 3M command hooks fell off 3x in a row despite careful prep, so I made a free-standing steel trash bag holder with scrap steel and my welder. I put a felt foot on the back of the steel strap so it should not rattle against the console.

DSCN1922.JPG

DSCN1923.JPG

View attachment 2397998

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom