What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I repaired 2 servos and replaced a 3rd for the AC. Now I have ice cold air, hot hot heat, and it comes out of whatever vents I want it to, and it does all of this without sounding like Gepetto’s workshop is under my dash!

The driver’s side servo was super easy to get to and repair. worm gear had some play causing the gears to slip a little. Followed this guide on YouTube by Froggy. No clicking from driver’s side!

the passenger side ones were an absolute nightmare to get to. Tore my hands up. The 2 with issues were the ones up against the center console. You’re supposed to drop the entire blower assembly, but I didn’t want to deal with all that. In hindsight, if I have to do this again, I will.

the mode servo had just slipped off the track. The mix servo unfortunately had way too much play and needed to be replaced not repaired. Toyota dealer had it in stock, and was able to pick it up along with the 2 castle nuts and cotter pins for my LCA job next weekend.

as you can see from the picture below, there’s no room at for your hands or an sort of socket extension. A long Phillips head was great for removing the screws, but trying to get them back in place was a nightmare. Even with a magnetic screwdriver, you have to snake them so much they fall all off a ton. At least they did for me.

after 2 hours of trying to get the last screw in, I tried shoving some candle wax in the head of the screw. This gave it just enough sticking power to the screwdriver.

drove around for an hour - changing ac settings a ton - no noise at all except for air blowing. Fantastic.

Do you have the part numbers needed for these blend doors? I think mine are also going bad. takes 30min to get cold air on the driver side and now I have a random motor tick from under the passenger side... Sounds like a fun project. 🤪

Do you have the part numbers needed for these blend doors? I think mine are also going bad. takes 30min to get cold air on the driver side and now I have a random motor tick from under the passenger side... Sounds like a fun project. 🤪

#8 - part # 87106-35170
#7 - part # 87106-35180
#10 - part # 87106-35120
#13 - part # 87106-35150

Snagged from this post. Renumbered to match the diagram I found. Couldn’t copy the image from the linked post on mobile.

not sure how much you’d save, but you can just order the denso parts off somewhere like rock auto if you don’t want to buy from the dealer. Parts from dealer are denso.

if you have one of those flexible extensions for a drill, it will make this job a breeze. Otherwise, prepare to really battle getting at some of the screws. Part 13, I think, requires removing the blower motor housing.

1597000966800.png

Pulled my emblems off to plasti dip
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but that's the beauty of plasti dip - you can leave them on and just mask off the surrounding area. Just watch some youtube videos. Here's one for example:

Replaced my dipstick tube o-ring. Noticed a little bit of oil near where the transmission and the engine mate. Traced it back up to a very nasty looking dipstick tube.

$3 o-ring, hour of work. Hopefully that clears things up. Look at how bad that old o-ring is! Flat and hard like a zip tie!

DB48D227-640E-4415-A728-91B005CE9275.jpeg

I’m planning to trim the front bumper soon. Does anyone have experience doing this? I’m a bit nervous but am gonna go for it

Cleaned interior from 6 day road trip to Colorado with family. Lots of errant goldfish. Began to start thinking about second battery setup. Exterior wash at local car wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom