What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Washed up and ready for a trip to Pennsylvania to do some wheeling this weekend.
6F8CE299-B9F7-4C83-8825-FCDD1BB5A74F.jpeg

I read that thread but it's not them. These are the amber lights that face outboard on the sides of the headlight assembly.

Did you ever figure this out? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the side marker sockets from the headlight housing. I’ve never seen that sort of socket before.

Did you ever figure this out? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the side marker sockets from the headlight housing. I’ve never seen that sort of socket before.

Just turn it counter-clockwise. Best pic of it I have but you can see the setup in this pic.

1594155560572.png

Just turn it counter-clockwise. Best pic of it I have but you can see the setup in this pic.

View attachment 2364283

Ok I’ll try again thank you. It is wobbly and I felt like I was gonna break it. LOL

On another note even though my headlight lenses aren’t yellow they aren’t crystal clear—just semi-clear. Any ideas on aftermarket headlight lenses? I know the previous owner had the Lexus dealer refinish the lenses so they at one point were yellowed/cloudy...

Ok I’ll try again thank you. It is wobbly and I felt like I was gonna break it. LOL

On another note even though my headlight lenses aren’t yellow they aren’t crystal clear—just semi-clear. Any ideas on aftermarket headlight lenses? I know the previous owner had the Lexus dealer refinish the lenses so they at one point were yellowed/cloudy...

Can't just get the lens. The above pic was me retrofitting new OEM headlights. I've heard the Depo aftermarket lens start to show cracks eventually.

Can't just get the lens. The above pic was me retrofitting new OEM headlights. I've heard the Depo aftermarket lens start to show cracks eventually.

Sorry I meant to say housing and not lens. So we only have one aftermarket option? So how much longer before all of the factory headlight housings are impossible to find? (rhetorical question)

I just wonder if I should fabricate something in the area where the housing sits and use some aftermarket DOT approved Rigid LED driving lights and just avoid the whole headlight housing crap altogether. Haha

Sorry I meant to say housing and not lens. So we only have one aftermarket option? So how much longer before all of the factory headlight housings are impossible to find? (rhetorical question)

I just wonder if I should fabricate something in the area where the housing sits and use some aftermarket DOT approved Rigid LED driving lights and just avoid the whole headlight housing crap altogether. Haha
I don't think Toyota/Lexus will discontinue the headlights for quite a long time. Given the price is reasonable still it's the better option anyways. You can still get 92 SC300 lights from the dealer.

I don't think Toyota/Lexus will discontinue the headlights for quite a long time. Given the price is reasonable still it's the better option anyways. You can still get 92 SC300 lights from the dealer.

Any idea what a pair of NEW OEM headlight housings cost? I wonder if it would be a good idea to get a pair and put on some sort of protection on the outside lens to have the clarity last longer.

Mrs. and I did some high elevation camping, hiking, and fishing.
0A90D67C-6602-4623-A020-7FF3F44E77B3.jpeg

F66AC711-F39A-4DAD-AF3C-EF3C1342A6D8.jpeg

D8BCEA3F-79F1-4F30-9C2D-52BEF9332FEE.jpeg

Also came across a rental truck that had 3 flats and had to get towed out. The recovery truck gas powered air compressor wouldn’t stay running at the high altitude so I gave him some air. $250/hr😮
6FE3DDDD-2998-459F-93D0-D2D260E109EB.jpeg

Any idea what a pair of NEW OEM headlight housings cost? I wonder if it would be a good idea to get a pair and put on some sort of protection on the outside lens to have the clarity last longer.
I think this is the cheapest I've seen. $224.60 a side for sports package smoked chrome

I think this is the cheapest I've seen. $224.60 a side for sports package smoked chrome

That almost sounds worth it. So, clear coat or a clear 3M UV film? Which would provide a longer time period of clarity?

How much did you find them for? Part number?
That almost sounds worth it. So, clear coat or a clear 3M UV film? Which would provide a longer time period of clarity?

I bought some from Bell Lexus and with shipping and it was right at $450. They had a 10% discount going on at the time.
I think they are offering free shipping currently.

It was the cheapest option.

New here, so playing catch up...
This whole thread is amazing and you're all so inspiring!

So, I bought it
2005 GX with 256k miles. $7,300
One owner, full service record.
Nav, Mark L Speakers, no KDSS

LWKL5bX.jpg

Then I made a video about why these are so great....
I'm sorry for my hair, and that first song. My editor goofed on it.

Then I swapped in sport headlights.
Then I did LEDs
Then I added window visors
Then I added a Prinsu rack
Then I swapped in some Method Race Wheels 17x9 and Toyo Open Country AT3 265/70/r17's

Then I tried to go see Mt. St. Helens but it was cloudy, had fun anyway!
qoBQ4xA.jpg

ReGYT9E.jpg

EfyLEM7.jpg

So, I bought it

LWKL5bX.jpg

Then I did LEDs
Then I swapped in some Method Race Wheels 17x9 and Toyo Open Country AT3 265/70/r17's

qoBQ4xA.jpg

ReGYT9E.jpg

EfyLEM7.jpg

Good find! Now don’t let the secret out on our rigs; because it will start going up in price. Let’s keep the secret!!

Last edited:

So, I bought it

LWKL5bX.jpg

Then I did LEDs

qoBQ4xA.jpg

ReGYT9E.jpg

EfyLEM7.jpg

Am I the only one to go inside just to see the hair and listen to the song? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom