What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! It is a dramatic change, especially for my kids who have known nothing but the Midwest and the Gulf Coast, but I lived in the Portland area a few decades ago so it is sort of like reliving past memories for me. With that said, last time I lived in an apartment with a view of Mt. St. Helen's, and this time I bought a house with a view of the Pacific Ocean, so there's plenty of new memories being made. Kansas was very good to us, but I am deeply enjoying the beauty and nature Oregon has to offer.

Tom

Welcome back.

I lived in Portland for about 20 years. Couldn't handle what the city turned into so I moved just north of Vancouver, WA. I still work in the city so i couldn't go too far. Otherwise I'd be in Medford or somewhere similar. Portland would be great if it wasn't for the people.

2.5 omega long travel double bypass remote resi. These are 12”. Not sure on compressed. Have internal bump and 28 hand adjustable rebound and compression tuning. There are shorter/less complex non-omegas as well in lower stage lifts that are available now. I am just getting the big boys sorted for the max kit.

Last edited:
Just did some #latterated stuff yesterday. The last of the GX chrome will be gone now.

IMG_20191201_102655_209.jpg

Welcome back.

I lived in Portland for about 20 years. Couldn't handle what the city turned into so I moved just north of Vancouver, WA. I still work in the city so i couldn't go too far. Otherwise I'd be in Medford or somewhere similar. Portland would be great if it wasn't for the people.
I hear that. I lived in Battle Ground and Salmon Creek, and nearly moved back to Mill Plain/Camas area last year. Portland isn't at all the city I remember it being, which makes me appreciate being close enough to it to make day trips and take advantage of the airport, but far enough away to not have to deal with the rampant growth the city seems to have had.

Just did some #latterated stuff yesterday. The last of the GX chrome will be gone now.

What paint is that? It looks really cool

Welcome back.

I'm originally from Portland... Graduated from Sherwood, lived off terwilligar for 3 years. I just retired from the military and had thought about moving back but no way... couldn't do it. ended up here in Spokane and love it. just wish it was a little closer to Portland (brother still lives in Troutdale)

Its a Rustoleum Dark Metallic Gray. I have used the same color on a number of parts of my GX as I have eliminated the chrome.
What kind of prep work did you do before you applied the paint? I don't hate the chrome on my GX, but I have given thought to painting some (most) of it just to tone it down some.

I'm originally from Portland... Graduated from Sherwood, lived off terwilligar for 3 years. I just retired from the military and had thought about moving back but no way... couldn't do it. ended up here in Spokane and love it. just wish it was a little closer to Portland (brother still lives in Troutdale)

Spokane is nice. A coworker just transferred there.

I spent 14 years in the Infantry.

What branch were you in?

Its a Rustoleum Dark Metallic Gray. I have used the same color on a number of parts of my GX as I have eliminated the chrome.

Any pictures of your truck with the painted chrome? Also how has the paint been holding up?

picked up a Grom VLine2 via the FB groupbuy!

Installed mine yesterday
picked up a Grom VLine2 via the FB groupbuy!
LOVE CarPlay! Totally worth it just for that.

I'm not overly impressed with the Grom. I have to turn on the blue tooth every time I turn on the rig (randomly it'll already be on... but it's like 1/100 times) I've had three times in the last two months where it froze, and required me turning the truck off for 3 or 4 min before it would respond. (even unplugging it didn't fix it).

anxiously looking for some HVAC controls as I'm not 100% sure about the tesla screen (if there was someone close that had one that i could check out, that'd be different)

I'm not overly impressed with the Grom. I have to turn on the blue tooth every time I turn on the rig (randomly it'll already be on... but it's like 1/100 times) I've had three times in the last two months where it froze, and required me turning the truck off for 3 or 4 min before it would respond. (even unplugging it didn't fix it).

anxiously looking for some HVAC controls as I'm not 100% sure about the tesla screen (if there was someone close that had one that i could check out, that'd be different)
Have you done the updates, there are a few available?

Have you done the updates, there are a few available?
I only got it a month or so ago, and it says it's up to date. I've reached out to Grom but haven't heard anything (hasn't been my top priority as I don't drive the GX every day, and this last month has been crazy)

Don't get me wrong... it's still better than nothing, or having a second stereo down below... just wanted a bit more stability for $500+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom