What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Waxed the GX and started packing for a week long camping trip on Monday.

7934316D-3429-4BD2-AFE3-9A126DD22C28.jpeg

Installed a CB radio. It’s sticking farther out than I would like but it’s not terrible.
I have been considering something similar. How do you remove the ashtray?

Oh man I need to do this! Haven't even looked at getting the cover off, is it difficult?
No, not really. Just pull off the column cowling (2 screw behind the steering wheel, turn wheel left and right to access them, and 1 screw under the cowling). Kinda have to fanegal the two cowling halves off. Once removed the 2 worm gears are easy to get to depending how flexible your back is.

Just returned from a 3000 mile 14 day expo/camping/fly fishing trip in WY and MT.
2113C563-E9D2-486A-A158-272A9F1CCD91.jpeg

608F4BD3-6515-40E5-802A-4DAA2F505701.jpeg

42BD1A1D-CECC-4753-9DBD-D8BABF7D7AFF.jpeg
9D7471BD-ACFE-4661-9780-E5CDF307A169.jpeg
5F5C88EE-5DEC-4827-A8DD-B6C744CFEF19.jpeg

Moving the awning to the rear made cooking and waiting out a t’storm more tolerable.

Dang it! Where was this 2 weeks ago!? I am going on a week long trip Monday and will just have them strapped to the roof rack.
😫

But there always the NEXT trip!!! 🤘👍

You just had to one up me didn’t you.

I might need you to send me the card full of music though, I'm so out of the loop, I've still got iTunes 8.x on the computer. . . .. somewhere. 😆

On call this weekend and was busy but did make a little more progress on my drawers. Also my 5pc RCI Aluminum skid set, UCA skids and rear control arm mount skids came in. I'm still trying to source some UHMW sheet without spending 150-200 bucks on freakin shipping to attach to the skids as a sliding/ablative guard for the alu, yet still be lighter than the steel. The drawer box has developed a very annoying tweak in final assembly thats causing the left side of the bottom drawer to not close flush unless the back right corn is lift 1/4". Of course I glued it up since it was fine when it was assembled before staining and poly. I have all four latches and strikes installed and the stainless angle thats to reinforce the top edge above the floating drawers is cut and ready. Just need to stain the spacer and drill and counter sink the angle for screws. There is more to do as well. Depending on work load this week I should have it completed and in the GX this week.
67606991_10219803641191922_2417664552939290624_n.jpg

I'm still trying to source some UHMW sheet without spending 150-200 bucks on freakin shipping to attach to the skids as a sliding/ablative guard for the alu, yet still be lighter than the steel.
Please keep us posted if you find a good resource. I also plan to go this route (probably at Christmas)

My daughter and I explored some forest roads until we got shut down (solo with a 1.5yo makes for conservative decisions), and then 3 hours later I nervously watched 3” of hail fall on my car.

View attachment 2049082
I'm liking that table. Do you have any particulars on it?

I'm liking that table. Do you have any particulars on it?

It’s 15” deep by 42” wide. It’s cherry with breadboard ends and finished in tung oil. Currently, it’s just held up by paracord and cabinet hinges, but I’m planning on reinforcing it to hold more than 30 lbs. Even just with the paracord run behind the panel and knotted, it is strong enough for my daughter to sit on. Im hoping to do a full project description, including my mistakes and what I learned, soon after I finalize it.

It’s 15” deep by 42” wide. It’s cherry with breadboard ends and finished in tung oil. Currently, it’s just held up by paracord and cabinet hinges, but I’m planning on reinforcing it to hold more than 30 lbs. Even just with the paracord run behind the panel and knotted, it is strong enough for my daughter to sit on. Im hoping to do a full project description, including my mistakes and what I learned, soon after I finalize it.
Thank you. I will keep my eye out for your write up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom