What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

12918F15-D608-461B-AE7F-D6A9979F5463.jpeg

Officially
Registered. the Toyota’s are in full force with Lexus making an impressive showing. Pretty sure it’s where dan is staying across from registration but there were 5 basically in a row with plenty others around. Met a guy at the KOA drove his GX from Florida!

A spring compressor.... a bottle jack .... and a lot of effort. Dont think i've done a tougher job on the GX so far.
Along with several choice words along the way.
Oh, make sure you disconnect the sway bars as well. The more you can free up, the better

Thanks all for the tips. I've got my choice words ready!

They're C59 701V, 600lb load 3" lift. Hopefully it's not too much

Thanks all for the tips. I've got my choice words ready!

They're C59 701V, 600lb load 3" lift. Hopefully it's not too much
That’s about the same as my MT LT rear coils. You’ll be good to go! Hardest is the drivers side with gas tank. Not as much real estate to play with there. Passenger goes in easier.

Ok a few sweaty hours later but they're in! Cleaned up my tools in the dark so no "after" pictures

Definitely taller

And I needed a boost past my floor jack

Took the opportunity to get rid of the old AHC brackets (had my angle grinder in hand and then a little voice in my head said "gas tank" and I chickened out and used a hack saw instead for the DS)

But they're in and everything is buttoned back up

Added a little more voltage today. Just the cheap GM diode but it works great for $5. At idle it used to sit at 13.7v.

DCFB0764-CB9E-43AF-B0C5-6203CD811446.jpeg

Finally replaced the old dry rotted chrome window trim and had Ceramic tint on all windows. 70% windshield / 30% front / 20% rears. Should see a nice reduction in heat inside during this nasty FL summerView attachment 2033462
😍
Prado black window trim!! I have want.
The tint looks great, esp with the black trim!!

Is that the 76" pioneer elevations platform? 🤘

Finally replaced the old dry rotted chrome window trim and had Ceramic tint on all windows. 70% windshield / 30% front / 20% rears. Should see a nice reduction in heat inside during this nasty FL summer

Looks great! How difficult was it to replace the window trim? Just got mine in earlier this week to replace my rotten chrome as well and going to try and tackle it over the weekend.

I like the subtleness of the 460 gxor build...hidden winch, Lexus-logo sliders, bigger tires, and upgraded icon suspension.

I don’t like a roof rack, but that’s just me.

I saw on Facebook that they were meeting at 10 to do the alpine loop. I was officially slotted to do alpine loop at 7am. I just stuck with mine. I didn’t want to be a part of like 50 rigs that show up to go on that run when 12 rigs is the limit. I figured maybe I’ll see them on the trail. At lake city right now half way point of alpine loop. Epic.

Looks great! How difficult was it to replace the window trim? Just got mine in earlier this week to replace my rotten chrome as well and going to try and tackle it over the weekend.
Not bad - after you remove the screw in each one on the doors they pop upward not outward. You’ll bend and ruin the old ones, or atleast I did. But they were garbage anyways.

The 3rd row ones were tricky, have to pry up, then use another pry to pop the white tabs up and out, have those windows in the open position. Getting the new ones in start from the front and work toward the rear pushing each white clip into the hole with a flat head until they’re all aligned then snap it all down.

Did the Alpine Loop at FJ Summit today. Our group ended up taking over 12 hours. I netted 100 miles out of 3/4 of a tank! Slight hyperbole there but really slight. Can’t recommend summit enough (hoping they do a gx summit there are so many here) or just Ouray in general. It is awesome. Other worldly.
A6D8299F-C400-4A19-A004-4C1AD492C0D5.jpeg

Just got her last week, 98k miles, 2004, black interior, 3rd row, no kdss. It was traded in to a Lincoln dealership here in north Texas, they put on tires and fixed the front CV boot, few scratches but no dents.

Grom USB unit install, Oil change (rest of fluids next week), 3rd row delete, air filter, cabin filter, clean, led accent lights, fuses, trying to fix rear DVD player (screen doesn’t come on, worked once while I had it)

Todo:
Timing belt/WP/front seal
Fluids
Spark plugs
Front differential mount fix
Led turn signal relay
Install arb air compressor
Plan drawers
Paint grill
Suggestions?
F7D03FCC-BCFC-4702-8965-D189DA54495B.jpeg

Did the Alpine Loop at FJ Summit today. Our group ended up taking over 12 hours. I netted 100 miles out of 3/4 of a tank! Slight hyperbole there but really slight. Can’t recommend summit enough (hoping they do a gx summit there are so many here) or just Ouray in general. It is awesome. Other worldly. View attachment 2034283
Are you getting chats RE: your setup? Bumper(s) suspension, etc?
You're in a Good place to yap gear and get other experiences/perspectives.
Enlightening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom