What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why not use oem boots?

You guys are right it's not leveled. Here's a pic of me holding a folding square flat against the front crossbar.View attachment 1783644 View attachment 1783645 View attachment 1783646
@teejnut
Do you still have your factory crossbars with their channel nuts and knobs?
emoji_u1f914.png

Can I convince you to send them my way?
emoji_u1f644.png

If you get aftermarket boots, just cut the tulip off the old boot and insert in the new boot and cinch them down.

Do I see rock lights under that?

Painted the skid plates, re-installed the painted gas tank cover, needle scaled the rust on the frame welds on the front half (did the mid/rear earlier) cleaned the frame, painted the frame areas that I needle scaled with Eastwood rust encapsulator paint, and shot some inside the frame too. Took it off the hoist, outside and washed the filth off. No idea what the previous owner got into but there was yellow muck everywhere. If it wasn’t plastic I would think it was rust dots, but it’s not and it comes off. Used super clean and a stiff bristle brush and it came “super clean”. Will probably need to do it a few times, and with a tooth brush in some of the smaller areas, but for now it’s 120 times better (see what I did there? :rofl:) , it’s pearl white, not “coffee teeth white”

C163E8D0-BA20-4705-9668-0E36278A4728.jpeg

Here is what I’m talking about. Left side I have cleaned (once), right side I have not. Whole thing had it, on every panel.

899EDD97-6AFA-442E-877D-E7D3FE78E888.png

Getting close to getting plates on this sucker!

The things you have to do in freezing winter regions! Looks good though. Panama would be much kinder to the metal

The things you have to do in freezing winter regions! Looks good though. Panama would be much kinder to the metal
Yeah why does anyone live in the freezing cold?

Not to mention if it was Panama this would be a Prado, and diesel.... sigh... one day...

Yeah why does anyone live in the freezing cold?

Agreed!! But mainly because of country borders.... pretty much as far south as I can get until I somehow manage to get a Panama visa.... ;)

Picked up the truck with new shoes, 255/75r17. Pics to follow. Also have CV cakes in the garage awaiting install.

^did you use plastidip? That came out great!

^did you use plastidip? That came out great!

I did. I plastidipped the grill, wheels, and emblems on my 100 series about 4 years ago and it’s held up great, so I decided to do the emblems on the 120 as well. The only difference is I added the glossifier on the GX emblems. I’m digging the glossy look so far.

Went for a quick leaf-changing scout today. The new tires feel great! Loads of other items to complete but I need time and parts, mostly time.

IMG_6852.jpg

I ordered a master cylinder / ABS module / skid control ECU assembly today..hopefully that fixes my C1340/C1203 codes.

Yeah, I will also be replacing my front axles soon, new parts are in the garage.

Sometimes it is also about the little things, replaced the front passenger's door switch piece. The front clip is what broke on the old piece, no trace of it remained.

I did. I plastidipped the grill, wheels, and emblems on my 100 series about 4 years ago and it’s held up great, so I decided to do the emblems on the 120 as well. The only difference is I added the glossifier on the GX emblems. I’m digging the glossy look so far.
Did you remove and paint or mask VERY VERY well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom