What Did You Do To Your Diesel Today (WDYDTYDT) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What’s this do?

It’s basically a cyclonic pre-cleaner, it centrifuges out a fair chunk of the dust before it hits the filter.

inlet looks like this.
D3C2D5B3-C3DB-4F7B-87A1-97264FD44151.jpeg

stops my filter from getting filthy so quickly.
1EA70A46-A1D4-4C64-8DC6-FAD500C1E313.jpeg

Got my new inline separator roughly installed inside the guard to keep it stealthy. I just need to make up a more solid bracket and ditch the redneck zip ties.View attachment 2659021View attachment 2659022View attachment 2659023
Intrigued by your inline separator where do obtain something like that and what is its function. Am keen to find or design/build a unit to both drain water and to attenuate sound in my air intake as i want to go to a 4" stainless snorkel but without the noise and water ingress

Busy two days of preventative maintenance wrenching....oil, filter, lube, f+r diff fluid, transmission fluid, t-case fluid, and coolant. Happy to have some shelf space in the shop cleared from all of the gallon jugs of various liquids.

Got right to the end of a gturbo/pdi upgrade on my 1hdt to discover the airbox to turbo hose that was provided with the intercooler kit was too short. I think this is because the kit is for an hzj7x and not one with a factory turbo engine. Guessing it's easier for the end user to figure out that step for themselves. Or maybe pdi forgot a part.. No big deal, will go to the hose shop tomorrow to get the needed parts.

Overall this was pretty painless, very well designed intercooler kit - nothing new.

Test fitting. Had to trim some of the hoses on the exhaust side to avoid contact with the hood (noted in the instructions).
PXL_20210930_004833772~3.jpg

Plenty of room for the ac hoses at the compressor. I did replace the top plate adapter on the compressor from the factory one so I could use standard threaded fittings. I can dig up that part number if anyone is interested.
PXL_20210930_224843206.jpg

Scariest part of grinding the grill
PXL_20210928_012236909.jpg

Gap in the hose, will just fit a union and straight hose. And the wastegate hose will of course be put on before the test drive.
PXL_20210929_200459599.jpg

Everything removed
PXL_20210930_002452898.jpg

Injectors! Original bodies rebuilt and digitally calibrated with new performance nozzles. Orifice size is 216um up from the stock 184um; should be able to support up to 190hp :cool:. I think I'll stick in the 150 range for now.
IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

The old injectors were improperly calibrated and had severe overfueling issues. Number 2 was especially bad:
IMG_3824.jpg

EGT's and smoke are down drastically and the engine runs much smoother and quieter. Looking forward to an increase in fuel mileage.

Injectors! Original bodies rebuilt and digitally calibrated with new performance nozzles. Orifice size is 216um up from the stock 184um; should be able to support up to 190hp :cool:. I think I'll stick in the 150 range for now.
View attachment 2802350

View attachment 2802351

The old injectors were improperly calibrated and had severe overfueling issues. Number 2 was especially bad:
View attachment 2802352

EGT's and smoke are down drastically and the engine runs much smoother and quieter. Looking forward to an increase in fuel mileage.
Who serviced the injectors?

Who serviced the injectors?
I had them rebuilt by KermaTDI, I have a VW 1.9l TDI in my LandCruiser so it’s a little off the beaten track.

On my 1HDTFE, I changed the lower and uper radiator hoses, the infamous "T" on the heater hose, changed the A/C belt and the 2 ALT-W/P belts. These last 2 required to remove the A/C compressor and both of the intercooler pipes :bang:.

Pulled the intake crossover and aircleaner stuff off again for the 900th time. Going to plumb a bleed valve to fine tune the boost and make the turbo to airbox to snorkel plumbing a little better
IMG_6909.jpg

Pulled my @orangefj45 rebuilt transmission out to do an upgraded clutch in my 81 B(HZ-T)J44.

More work than normal with removing the 4 link crossmember and lower links to make room for the assembly to back out.

Still need to pull the starter to remove the bellhousing and then pull the flywheel for resurfacing and to swap the rear main while I'm in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom