What did you do on your 70 series today? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Parked next to a fancy decked out Tacoma yesterday. Got a thumbs up from the owner. Five mins later a 100 series (Lexus) pulled up next to me and gave me another.

She must've been proud of herself because this morning she rolled up 285000 kms and after being out in -20°C all day, unplugged, she started smoothly on a single glow.

24 volts for the win!
View attachment 3574068
Definitely 24 volts for the win! Quick question about your wheels, are those the -20 offset? Are you also using spacers? Thanks

Added some cup holders

cup 01.jpg

Center console "jump seat" from wrecked F150. Integrated seatbelt, storage under seat and behind back, 2 cup holders with seat folded down, and 2 flip down cup holders behind seat with USB port and cig lighter port. I now have a 6 pack + 1 worth of cup holders, not including my hand. Aint scheelman, but works for a third passenger that won't sign the safety waiver 🤣:beer:

cup 02.jpg

cup 03.jpg

cup 04.jpg

Added some cup holders

View attachment 3574104

Center console "jump seat" from wrecked F150. Integrated seatbelt, storage under seat and behind back, 2 cup holders with seat folded down, and 2 flip down cup holders behind seat with USB port and cig lighter port. I now have a 6 pack + 1 worth of cup holders, not including my hand. Aint scheelman, but works for a third passenger that won't sign the safety waiver 🤣:beer:

View attachment 3574106

View attachment 3574113

View attachment 3574114

now you need a 'no fat chicks' sticker on that seat

Slowly turning my BJ70 into an HZJ70. Relocated a seat bracket and added a seat belt anchor so I could fit 2 buckets and a center console while doing away with the 60/40 seats. Also fitted a second hand dog platform that happens to have drawers!View attachment 3555413View attachment 3555414
Looks good! Ours are nearly the same colour. Except your painted bothered to open the doors 😂

Haven't posted in months... My cruiser windscreen got smashed in Jan. This was the appropriate time to rectify some rust in the flange, but I did the unthinkable and paid someone else to fix it for once.

Glad I did, as the job turned out to be a bit beyond my energy and skill levels. Some truly horrific previous repairs were uncovered, where steel has been welded on top of original panels without cutting out, creating a perfect environment for crevice corrosion.
IMG_20240209_075558.jpg

Panelbeaters did a super tidy job, and an excellent job paint matching. Now just need to get the crowd who installed my windscreen to fix the leaks...

IMG_20240209_075602.jpg

IMG_20240209_075611.jpg

IMG_20240209_075615.jpg

IMG_20240227_174146.jpg

Haven't posted in months... My cruiser windscreen got smashed in Jan. This was the appropriate time to rectify some rust in the flange, but I did the unthinkable and paid someone else to fix it for once.

Glad I did, as the job turned out to be a bit beyond my energy and skill levels. Some truly horrific previous repairs were uncovered, where steel has been welded on top of original panels without cutting out, creating a perfect environment for crevice corrosion.
View attachment 3574349
Panelbeaters did a super tidy job, and an excellent job paint matching. Now just need to get the crowd who installed my windscreen to fix the leaks...

View attachment 3574350

View attachment 3574351

View attachment 3574352

View attachment 3574354
I need to do the same thing, hopefully it's not too bad. I think mine is Toyota Army Green, but haven't had a paint shop look at it yet. Looks like they did a nice job on yours!

Ruptured my front output seal on the transfer of the HZJ73
Seems that the correct part number 93011-48009 was replaced by 93011-48022.
Can anyone comcurr?
Does anyone have the dimensions for this seal so I could "first aid" it with an industrial seal until I find a new oem seal and dust deflector?
Was hoping to go wheeling next week...

Haven't been doing much on the Land Cruiser as I have had a bunch of maintenance projects to get looked after, some planned, most NOT.

Used the Land Cruiser and trailer to pickup a new hot water tank for the house.
1000000346.jpg

My dear son, some of you might recall when he hit my land cruiser with his jetta, and we repaired it all. Well, he slid off the road down the hill from my house, down into the ditch, through the fence and into the farmers field.

Land cruiser got him out and towed him back to the house. He wrecked the oil pan (again) ac condenser, rad and rad support this time. 😕

Spent the day yesterday replacing all those and he is back on the road, hopefully a little wiser.
1000000347.jpg

1000000348.jpg

4WD flashing light solution is not a solution so far...

after the conversion to manual hubs as many of us have noticed you get the flashing hub lock and 4WD flashing indicator light. never goes steady, always stays flashing.

the theory was to wire up a couple of 10W 50 Ohm Resistor's to trick the computer, 4 wheel drive control into thinking the hub lock motors were engaged? I think by adding some resistance? yea? nope :( Maybe it needs more bacon? 10W @ 50 Ohms is not enough bacon?

IMG_5010.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom