What did you do on your 70 series today? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took a while, but finally got the my BJ74 (aka Righty) back on the road after the alternator gave out. One day, the Battery and Filter light came on and I noticed the voltage slowly dropping as I drove. Luckily I wasn't far from my garage, so I didn't get stranded. After poking around with the multimeter, I determined in fact the alternator was not putting out much...like 0.

Before shot
beforealternator.jpeg

After some research here, came up with nothing, so tried a few local alternator shops and found one (Broadway Electric in Lemon Grove, CA) who have experience with these and were willing to work on it. They came through in the end, but took some time which I suppose is to be expected.

In the mean time, I got distracted by a trip to Ghana to do some Land Cruiser spotting
70spotting.jpeg

Several weeks later...
afteralternator.jpeg

Back up and running (you'll have to use your imagination...too lazy to upload a video!)
runningagain.jpeg

Now am just waiting on @ToyotaMatt for a fusible link I ordered many weeks ago...nudge nudge! With that Right's electrical system will be back in tip top shape!
Hey @perrobravo! It might be worth bugging @Coolerman to see if he can duplicate the fusible link. His prices are very reasonable for great quality and his communication along with his turn around is impressive.

Here's his website:

It seems like your original vendor for a fusible link has been having some recent order fulfillment issues...

Hey @perrobravo! It might be worth bugging @Coolerman to see if he can duplicate the fusible link. His prices are very reasonable for great quality and his communication along with his turn around is impressive.

Here's his website:

It seems like your original vendor for a fusible link has been having some recent order fulfillment issues...

@perrobravo

your fusible links have been shipped out ,

i also included this below , my new 3-wire GREEN PLUG alternator male / female repair / restore kit .....

thanks for your Patience on this R&D involved special order ....

i work in-tandem / network on a regular bases with @Coolerman , after all we both have a passion for what we do dam well and who we do it for too ..... :wrench: :wrench: :wrench::wrench:

thanks again Jeff for your help on this UNICORN Dead now alive revival , :)

matt

90982-08232 lives once again …

F654310C-6CB4-4787-AA18-EA136601B424.jpeg
3BB32CAB-BC41-47DC-9CA5-81A7EFC5D461.jpeg

1706142331549.png

Last edited:
3-wire green plug alternator refresh restore kit ..

These came in both Black and blue colored connectors too …fyi

Same profile …

C246F6D7-E84E-40AD-A5A8-E7F779B550D6.jpeg
9DF95BD2-6CFA-43F6-8E71-AE305A2AD6B8.jpeg
FF18C5B2-A1FB-402F-B42A-3367D39EEEB0.jpeg
B4766549-64F8-434A-85C1-C16C576AA30A.jpeg
C604CE75-5423-4875-8C23-C7B7203B18CE.jpeg

I’ve had a long-standing mistrust of Toyota water temp gauges so I added an aux water temp reading to my lower Red Arc gauge.
IMG_5314.jpeg

Took a while, but finally got the my BJ74 (aka Righty) back on the road after the alternator gave out. One day, the Battery and Filter light came on and I noticed the voltage slowly dropping as I drove. Luckily I wasn't far from my garage, so I didn't get stranded. After poking around with the multimeter, I determined in fact the alternator was not putting out much...like 0.

Before shot
beforealternator.jpeg

After some research here, came up with nothing, so tried a few local alternator shops and found one (Broadway Electric in Lemon Grove, CA) who have experience with these and were willing to work on it. They came through in the end, but took some time which I suppose is to be expected.

In the mean time, I got distracted by a trip to Ghana to do some Land Cruiser spotting
70spotting.jpeg

Several weeks later...
afteralternator.jpeg

Back up and running (you'll have to use your imagination...too lazy to upload a video!)
runningagain.jpeg

Now am just waiting on @ToyotaMatt for a fusible link I ordered many weeks ago...nudge nudge! With that Right's electrical system will be back in tip top s
Finding and knowing about those old "motor rewind shops" that repair electric motors, generators, alternators etc. Is awesome knowledge.

Is that pod for LHD? Where did you source it?

And:
While you're at it ........ U.S. 70's Registration.
Perth Diesel Performance in Australia has pods for both LHD and RHD applications however the last I heard they were no longer shipping to the U.S. ☹️

Before shot
beforealternator.jpeg

70spotting.jpeg

Several weeks later...
afteralternator.jpeg

runningagain.jpeg

Now am just waiting on @ToyotaMatt for a fusible link I ordered many weeks ago...nudge nudge! With that Right's electrical system will be back in tip top shape!

Hi Jeff …

Your complete hand-krafted OEM fusible links order is at the post office now gitty-up usps pony express style …

Thanks again for your tech-help on the 90982-08232

Now all 08232- folks will have This OEM period correct parts option . This matters to me and matters much OEM original is the only language I speak ….😎

Below is my humble gratitude

Most are my reproductions , some NOS oem too

The RED 1HZ is the first production year confirmed…

The DIESEL translucebt is my first ever oem reproduction…well translucent , it came out Titz-azz perfection level

My update coolant Caution is a OEM EU spec .

I added my professional mechanical artistic flare , the round ND logo on JAR and black / flipped flopped the triangle caution ⚠️
Also a TEq-mouse-trap for anti hijacking’s too 😎

It’s the correct pure yellow JDM

All my work is 3M-heat press vynal

Enjoy

Matt

7AB3924A-1132-4921-83B7-1C8CDC05A06C.jpeg
6E9451F8-EE63-4536-9916-6E45618983E0.jpeg
A7D10EDF-1849-4A1A-AA80-60E3B2EAD2B1.jpeg
39279C2D-1666-4CEB-B67B-8A7B9D7AE8EE.jpeg

Hi Jeff …

Your complete hand-krafted OEM fusible links order is at the post office now gitty-up usps pony express style …

Thanks again for your tech-help on the 90982-08232

Now all 08232- folks will have This OEM period correct parts option . This matters to me and matters much OEM original is the only language I speak ….😎

Below is my humble gratitude

Most are my reproductions , some NOS oem too

The RED 1HZ is the first production year confirmed…

The DIESEL translucebt is my first ever oem reproduction…well translucent , it came out Titz-azz perfection level

My update coolant Caution is a OEM EU spec .

I added my professional mechanical artistic flare , the round ND logo on JAR and black / flipped flopped the triangle caution ⚠️
Also a TEq-mouse-trap for anti hijacking’s too 😎

It’s the correct pure yellow JDM

All my work is 3M-heat press vynal

Enjoy

Matt

View attachment 3541815View attachment 3541816View attachment 3541817View attachment 3541818
Late to the party. Are you selling these? Can I buy a translucent Diesel and a red 1HZ sticker?

does your egt only read to 1000? seems low, or do you get to set the scale?
I believe all of Red Arc’s gauges read in Celsius.
If I remember correctly from grade school 1,000 degrees (C) is like 3 million degrees (F). 😊

Last edited:
Late to the party. Are you selling these? Can I buy a translucent Diesel and a red 1HZ sticker?

this is TECH. ...

no selling parts , fyi

only displaying the technical achievements of a over-active TEq mind , body , and soul , Factory Fit Form and Key-Punching function .

please PM me if you like to discuss how i can make all your OEM Caution Plates , Label and Badges a OEM or Reproduction Reality .....

thanks
matt

(1.6) - Copy (2).png

(2) - Copy - Copy.png

the below is the NEW official SNOW VERSION package Rear body badge , TOP SHELF chrome plated oem - type media

i sport my own parts , because there the best i can create
.... :)
1706219010191.png

1706219197042.jpeg

this is TECH. ...

no selling parts , fyi

only displaying the technical achievements of a over-active TEq mind , body , and soul , Factory Fit Form and Key-Punching function .

please PM me if you like to discuss how i can make all your OEM Caution Plates , Label and Badges a OEM or Reproduction Reality .....

thanks
matt

View attachment 3541874

View attachment 3541877

the below is the NEW official SNOW VERSION package Rear body badge , TOP SHELF chrome plated oem - type media

i sport my own parts , because there the best i can create
.... :)

View attachment 3541882
Copy, still learning the guidelines.

New rear differential replacement for my FZJ73. The curios thing is that the full rear axle was assembled here in Colombia from the company SOFASA. Whole the parts that compose the differential are from DANA/SPICER. For that reason it took me like a one moth to find them...Now is ready for new adventures!

20231017_160735.jpg

20231017_160757.jpg

20240115_155401.jpg

IMG-20240117-WA0079.jpg

IMG-20240117-WA0080.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom