What did you do on your 70 series today? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also, @AussieHJCruza put me onto these radius arms months ago, finally got around to installing the radius arms that Dave @Delta VS was kind enough to send me. These things are really top notch. No glory shots just yet, haven't got longer shocks or my brake lines installed.
20200823_165054.jpg

20200905_113921.jpg

20200905_113935.jpg

20200905_113944.jpg

20200905_113955.jpg

Shiny new transmission. 😊 ..... photo courtesy of Odd Iron Off Road
The H55 will move to classifieds shortly. (P.M.’s answered)
292A7EF3-2481-4934-863B-9A1BF4BEC054.jpeg

Last edited:
1/2" Grade 70 tow points.

Just got these back from the laser cutter this morning. All hardware is here. Just waiting on the 1/2" spacer material to weld to the plates and they will be available.

Apron seals are in stock now.

J

IMG_20200905_071700386.jpg
IMG_20200905_071654611.jpg

IMG_20200824_124744535.jpg

IMG_20200827_114906105.jpg

For the straight bits, I used a table saw. I used a jigsaw for the curves and hogged the holes out with a hole saw. Then I cleaned everything up with a Dremel and a file. Labor intensive and messy, but I like the result.

I’m between ABS and wood. I feel wood would be easier to work with but ABS just seems more durable in the long run.
:meh:

Getting a weird drone/vibration at 2400 in all gears. Only seems to be under load
Idont remember it being there but I haven’t really driven it in 3 weeks.

Also managed to bust the wire off of the condenser alternator. I don’t think it matters, as I believe it’s only for sound/rf interference for AM radio. Anyone care to chime in on that?

Went to uwharrie again today. We did Daniel trail #390, in the bj73. This trail is rated as extremely difficult by whoever rates OHV trails in the Carolinas. Couldn't make it up the 3-4 foot vertical rock ledge near the beginning of the trail. My tires are 32" and my bumper has a bit too much overhang. I could have taken time and stacked a few rocks up as a step up and got up the ledge but there were other vehicles waiting so I bypassed it. Next time I will try this. Other than that ran the complete trail with no issue and didn't bypass much of anything.
I did manage to mash my bumper into the fender and crease it bumping the rockledge too hard.
The bj73 with 4cyl diesel, twin Spartan lockers, and little 32 x8 extra grip recaps continues to crawl through and over almost everything on the trail making it look easy when higher-powered bigger tired Rigs are use the heavy throttle and bashing to get through.
I want to go back to uwharrie during some torrential rains. The easier trails with a lot of clay hills may be quite challenging at that point.

IMG_20200907_003409.jpg

I gave my old air filter housing a small coat of paint (harris engine paint spray, universal black). Weld the bracket and hose clamp to the cap.
Punch list: exhaust pipe
IMG_20200905_121957.jpg

IMG_20200906_221840.jpg

Went to uwharrie again today. We did Daniel trail #390, in the bj73. This trail is rated as extremely difficult by whoever rates OHV trails in the Carolinas. Couldn't make it up the 3-4 foot vertical rock ledge near the beginning of the trail. My tires are 32" and my bumper has a bit too much overhang. I could have taken time and stacked a few rocks up as a step up and got up the ledge but there were other vehicles waiting so I bypassed it. Next time I will try this. Other than that ran the complete trail with no issue and didn't bypass much of anything.
I did manage to mash my bumper into the fender and crease it bumping the rockledge too hard.
The bj73 with 4cyl diesel, twin Spartan lockers, and little 32 x8 extra grip recaps continues to crawl through and over almost everything on the trail making it look easy when higher-powered bigger tired Rigs are use the heavy throttle and bashing to get through.
I want to go back to uwharrie during some torrential rains. The easier trails with a lot of clay hills may be quite challenging at that point.

View attachment 2428426

I used to go to that zone to MTB in college. Hadn't heard the name "Uwharrie" in some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom