What are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The ol weber did a fine job for nearly 20 years, but now on with oem.

20170814_124351.jpg

20170814_135209.jpg

20170814_152423.jpg

The ol weber did a fine job for nearly 20 years, but now on with oem.
Looks good. Man, I've got to get better lighting in my garage.

Look how fricking clean @brian 's engine bay is!

See, he's smart and doesn't drive his rigs through the coal country slop ;)

Or, you could at least do your truck a favor and take it to the car wash after wheeling :worms:

I do (almost) every time, it's on my way home on 183...it's part of Werely's auto repair. It's one of the best car washes I've ever used. Warm water, high pressure, plenty of soap. They even have a truck bay, so I washed my broken '96 when it was trailered home from AOAA :hillbilly:

I've had good results with trollhole's carb. Or you could always send one out to Jim c for a rebuild. I have a few on the shelf if you need one.

I remember you mentioned the Trollhole option... I'll check it out... Thanks for the reminder. If you've got some stuff on the shelf, maybe we should talk... I'm definitely going to need some other parts to do this job.

I've had good results with trollhole's carb. Or you could always send one out to Jim c for a rebuild. I have a few on the shelf if you need one.

I have a troll hole carb ordered.
No idea when ill see it.
As of now i have no use for it...its got all the stuff for a cable hook as well.
Kinda switched gears mid stream on this swap and went oem once i finally got word it was going to be a bit till his next shipment of carbs was due in.

So here's what i learned this week, carbs are not my strong suit.
been facing some disappoint with the new carb. it would just fall on it's face, the more i played the better it got.
as it turns out i didn't have the timing advanced as far as i thought i did. winding the dissy cap around till i couldn't spin it anymore, improved things a little.
thought i might have a vac leak at the base, in fact i didn't.
backing the idle mixture screw out till it about fell out of the carb, made some noticeable improvements.
still seemed like it wasn't pulling as hard as it should and had a noticeable flat spot right before the secondary opened.
finally gave up and took it back off, then cracked it open.
the thing only had a 136 primary main jet in it!!..which would explain it running stupid hot on the way to work this morning. i could hardly get it past 60mph on the highway. did a little reading here on mud, and stopped at the garage on the way home. after stealing a 147 primary main from one of the carbs laying around, the thing runs like the wind now. poked around some more and found a source for jets and ordered a couple 150s and some 220s for the secondary main.
at least it's a cake walk to get the carb on and off the intake.
disappointment now replaced with ye ha giddy up!! 88mph here we come!

I was a huge lego man way back when.

Was it a difficult transition from "Huge Lego Man" to becoming a normal sized human being? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom