What are you working on? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trying to get the BJ74 ready for CMCC.

Starting with the super important stuff like auxiliary reverse lights :)

IMG_2654.JPG

IMG_2656.JPG

Didn't get to work on my rig this weekend and give it some much needed maintenance, but my fiancé and I tied the knot and I'm officially a married man.
Wow !! Congratulations ! May you enjoy 50 plus years of wedded bliss :)

It gets ridiculous after a while, but I find myself constantly modifying and changing things after every trip we take. I'm thinking this may be the last mod I do for a while. Everything is bolted down to the stock bolt holes. I should have done this years ago as we now have two nice big cup holders and the fridge is close at hand instead of strapped into the 2nd row seats.
IMG_3261.JPG

It gets ridiculous after a while, but I find myself constantly modifying and changing things after every trip we take. I'm thinking this may be the last mod I do for a while. Everything is bolted down to the stock bolt holes. I should have done this years ago as we now have two nice big cup holders and the fridge is close at hand instead of strapped into the 2nd row seats. View attachment 1492731
What fridge and what size?

Great idea Don, especially for the long drives you guys thrive on!!!!! What's the source of the console tray?
It's a Hopkins Go Euro from Amazon Prime, 8.99.. I leveled it by cutting up one of those interlocking foam floor mats and stacking the rectangular pieces till the tray was level, then glued and screwed everything together.. the front is bolted to the original threaded bolt holes for the stock console.

Okay the OX cable shifter seems to be working so far, I need to road test it before Thursday. But here's a video of it in action.

5 seconds = Shifted to lock position - 12 Seconds = testing lock (camera shake) 21 Seconds = Shifted to Unlock position 27 seconds = testing free spin (camera shake)

Blair- Wow, a very interesting control arm! Looks like a casting with some formed tubing welded to it. And the ball joint- does it swivel about its' mounting stud so it is adjustable to dial in desired front end alignment? I am anxious to see these in place on your truck and to discuss their benefits. Get 'em installed and up here to wheel!!!!

Blair- Wow, a very interesting control arm! Looks like a casting with some formed tubing welded to it. And the ball joint- does it swivel about its' mounting stud so it is adjustable to dial in desired front end alignment? I am anxious to see these in place on your truck and to discuss their benefits. Get 'em installed and up here to wheel!!!!

Yes, you nailed it Gary. Ball joint moves in/out for camber and can be clocked in different positions to achieve what caster spec is needed. My upper ball joints are beat so the upgrade was a no brainer.

Got some SPC/Light racing upper control arms and a sway bar relocate kit going in this weekend. Pretty stoked to get this done, will be the last thing I want done to the front end, for now anyway.
Good call. That's a the top of my shortlist as my Uppers are about shot and I like to get my alignment tighter. Love to go to a uniball but I'm afraid the NE wouldn't be too kind to them. Where'd you pick those up, any deals?

Good call. That's a the top of my shortlist as my Uppers are about shot and I like to get my alignment tighter. Love to go to a uniball but I'm afraid the NE wouldn't be too kind to them. Where'd you pick those up, any deals?

I got them from toytec. List on them now is $485 +free shipping which is the same price as Amazon. The shop has a Toytec account so if/when you are ready to buy shoot me a pm and we can talk pricing if you wanted to go that route.

Alternator and new belt while I'm in there. The alternator decided to take a dump last night. Glad it isn't hot and muggy...

Was doing some cleanup and maintenance work on the 40 yesterday and found these:

Broken track arm bolts july 2017.jpg

The anti-wrap arm on my truck goes from the rear axle forward to the back of my (extremely heavy duty) skid plate. These bolts are used to attach the arm to the axle. Yeah one was broken the other badly bent. Pulled everything apart and replaced the bolts with (I hope) good quality bolts from the hardware store, they're 1/2"-13 American standard bolts. With the spring over and the double transfer cases the axles deal with a lot of torque. Got it all buttoned back up! It's always something.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom