Westcott Designs Preload Collar Lift (spacer lift) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i know people say 2” is max for stock UCA

no issues with 3” front on stock uca?
People getting away with it doesn’t mean it’s done right. The stock UCA requires maxing out the LCA adjusters to get things close to spec as you approach 2” of lift. They just aren’t designed ti maintain proper geometry at that ride height.

In the big picture good aftermarket UCAs aren’t that expensive and can be installed at the same time saving labor vs taking everything apart again when you realize the geometry isn’t right with the stock parts.

People getting away with it doesn’t mean it’s done right. The stock UCA requires maxing out the LCA adjusters to get things close to spec as you approach 2” of lift. They just aren’t designed ti maintain proper geometry at that ride height.

In the big picture good aftermarket UCAs aren’t that expensive and can be installed at the same time saving labor vs taking everything apart again when you realize the geometry isn’t right with the stock parts.
appreciate the info. Just going back and forth on doing this kit vs the Bilstein kit

appreciate the info. Just going back and forth on doing this kit vs the Bilstein kit
Bilstein all the way.

Westcott raises CoG without any increase in spring rate or damping to help control body motion. It reduces down travel by whatever lift you run without any ability to recover up travel unless you increase weight.. making the spring rate and damping situation even worse.

Some people clearly like it but IMO it is a bandaid way to lift a rig. Meanwhile bilstein has been making some of the best complete suspension systems on the market for all kinds of cars for decades. To me there is no debate.

Bilstein all the way.

Westcott raises CoG without any increase in spring rate or damping to help control body motion. It reduces down travel by whatever lift you run without any ability to recover up travel unless you increase weight.. making the spring rate and damping situation even worse.

Some people clearly like it but IMO it is a bandaid way to lift a rig. Meanwhile bilstein has been making some of the best complete suspension systems on the market for all kinds of cars for decades. To me there is no debate.
appreciate, time to unfollow this thread, and order Bilsteins!

Thank you.!

So would a LX with Ironman front bumper benefit from oem spacer or wescott collar thing?

So would a LX with Ironman front bumper benefit from oem spacer or wescott collar thing?
Both would preload the coil a little bit but not adjust height. Preloading the coil should soften the ride in AHC high, because it takes a little less pressure to maintain that height. I started with the oem spacer & swapped over to the Westcott front spacer kit, which should preload a little more.

Both would preload the coil a little bit but not adjust height. Preloading the coil should soften the ride in AHC high, because it takes a little less pressure to maintain that height. I started with the oem spacer & swapped over to the Westcott front spacer kit, which should preload a little more.
Thank you. The ride could definitely be softened in H

I added some spring rubbers. I'd suggest the hardest durometer (in the brand I used I think it's green) for a Ironman bumper + winch. They made a big difference by increasing the effective spring rate a fair bit.

Here's a sample link. (CSB Super Size B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom