Well well Tercel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^ I have been there!

Wow. First ride in the tercellerator this morning. Nice and tight little ride with just enough hints of the 80s to keep you entertained. It kept revealing more lil details as the sun rose over her maiden voyage. Sweet score man.

Now about that lift .....
IMG_1328.JPG

dammit, now the tercel market is going to be blowing up too! knew I should have bought one already.

I think Phteven should HAVE to drive it to the Relic Run, but only if he wears the blue blocker glasses, a Frankie Goes To Hollywood RELAX tshirt, some neon colored SunBritches, and checkerboard Vans slip on shoes. Or, period attire senior citizen wear (button up short sleeve shirt with full pockets, polyester shorts, belt and suspenders, capped off with a fedora, black or brown dress socks, and loafers or white velcro strap tennis shoes)

The Twerkcel should be appropriately outfitted with the custom rear view mirror, a pair of beaded seat cushions, and a Tom Jones Greatest Hits cassette tape.

I think Phteven should HAVE to drive it to the Relic Run, but only if he wears the blue blocker glasses, a Frankie Goes To Hollywood RELAX tshirt, some neon colored SunBritches, and checkerboard Vans slip on shoes. Or, period attire senior citizen wear (button up short sleeve shirt with full pockets, polyester shorts, belt and suspenders, capped off with a fedora, black or brown dress socks, and loafers or white velcro strap tennis shoes)

The Twerkcel should be appropriately outfitted with the custom rear view mirror, a pair of beaded seat cushions, and a Tom Jones Greatest Hits cassette tape.

Oh it has custom rear view and both side view mirrors

IMG_4280.JPG

IMG_4288.JPG

I found the remnants of a beaded seat cushion

IMG_4291.JPG

And a sweet ass American flag sticker

IMG_4290.JPG

Saw Stephen's new ride in Pittsboro this AM - you are already really getting around in that thing!

20170425_103422.jpg

Had some Yakima gutter towers and load bars left over from my green 80. Cut the load bars down and installed them on the TerSwell

IMG_4299.JPG

You cut the load bars for the van?!? :grinpimp:

Every time I read this thread title, all I can think is "Well, well, well - you never can tell; Well, well, well my Tercel"

muh muh muh muh muh muh my Tercel!!!

where is all this rust you keep.talking about?

It's mostly around the wheel wells. It's really not the rust that bothers me, it's the botch job the PO did dealing with it:bang:

So the Tercel was in a shop nearby for a few months. Had all new struts, brakes, new clutch and a bunch of other stuff done. Finally got it back early this month and have been dd’ing it since. Decided to change the PCV valve and grommet and throw in a new air filter yesterday. This is really unbelievable but I have all the service records dating back to 1990 and 31,000 miles. They start off as dealer print offs then turn into 15-20 pages of detailed handwritten notes spanning 3 decades. It’s really amazing the degree these notes were taken for such a little,slow,ugly but undeniably cool car. There is 2 sets of handwriting from both previous owners and the earliest pages are much more yellowed with age. So today, in blank pages stapled in by the previous owner before me, I kept the tradition alive and added my handwriting to the journal.

CE4C5D38-16DD-4B7D-A54F-AE306FC55F44.jpeg

09C5645C-2B5E-4D41-A142-87CABA68B4B3.jpeg

6E874317-79BD-409F-9E31-6292A369F1E6.jpeg

512F2777-2CC2-412E-9AAB-4710723AADD6.jpeg
3DA0878C-9BCF-4251-9122-0FF1CF3FAF8C.jpeg
6A3BAD06-8110-4FB2-A1AA-3B278E9E5E6E.jpeg

Dude... that is soooo cool!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom