Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello all! I am a new owner of a 21 LC. I got a white one when someone backed out on this one at the dealership. I also work at a small dealership in Houston Tx so I snatched it up and traded in my 2019 F350 SuperDuty. Looks like lots of good info on here.

New and Old.JPG

Hi All! Long time occasional lurker but I think it’s about time I officially join. Recently acquired a ‘21 HE to join my ‘16 Base.

I’m searching for a mgm HE and if successful, I will offer the blizzard pearl up for sale on this Group first.

465FEDC4-9DF1-4991-ACA2-CB9D7F354D3D.jpeg

Hello! Just traded in my Ram for a new 2021 Land Cruiser! I drove off the lot with 5 whole miles on it this morning. Looking forward to keeping this thing for a long time (hopefully). I had a TRD Pro Tacoma for about a year, and I loved that thing. It's nice having a similar package again (with more features). Thank you!

And a quick question... I noticed my oil pressure gauge has dropped from in the middle to about a quarter above the 'L' (so it's gone down about a 1/8) on the gauge. I only have about 60 miles on it, and oil seems a little low on the dipstick, but there isn't any dripping onto the garage floor, nor is it smoking. Is this normal? Getting more oil tomorrow just to be safe.

IMG_5094.jpeg

Hello! Just traded in my Ram for a new 2021 Land Cruiser! I drove off the lot with 5 whole miles on it this morning. Looking forward to keeping this thing for a long time (hopefully). I had a TRD Pro Tacoma for about a year, and I loved that thing. It's nice having a similar package again (with more features). Thank you!

And a quick question... I noticed my oil pressure gauge has dropped from in the middle to about a quarter above the 'L' (so it's gone down about a 1/8) on the gauge. I only have about 60 miles on it, and oil seems a little low on the dipstick, but there isn't any dripping onto the garage floor, nor is it smoking. Is this normal? Getting more oil tomorrow just to be safe.

View attachment 2625403
Normal for gauge position. Abnormal to come under filled from the factory. 0W20 is very thin. Make sure you’re looking closely.

Last edited:
I too noticed the low oil pressure reading driving my '17 home from the dealership. Its a little unnerving, but normal.

intro post. really dig the LC. kinda lurking. don't have the cash to spend on a 200 but hopefully i can get one in a couple of years.

New member here.
Just sold my fully built 2005 Tacoma successfully on Tacoma World classifieds and making the jump to a Land Cruiser. While I continue looking for the Land Cruiser to replace my beloved Taco I'll continue to enjoy reading the content here to figure out what my final build may look like. Still learning the ropes with this forum but I get great benefit out of these threads.

I am in the process of selling my 2014 Mercedes ML350 and getting a used 2008-11 Land Cruiser with a blown engine and transmission and rebuilding the whole car. Is there a buyer's guide for the 200 series? I am only interested in the 2008-11 model. What are some of the major issues facing this car and can someone offer any solutions?

Issues with the 3UR-FE engine...

1. Coking of the piston oil rings which caused high oil consumption. After that, the oil consumption increases over time. To avoid this problem, use only the recommended high-quality oil and watch the oil level.

2. The 3UR-FE crankcase ventilation system sensor fails hugely often.

3. Electronic throttle system ETCS-i is not as reliable as it should be.

4. Leaking water pump at 60,000 miles. The problem with water pump is also found in this engine. Like other UR engines, the 3UR-FE has a leaking water pump with short life about 60,000 miles (100,000 km). The seals leak over time.

Possible solution to this problem: Use WPC treatment on the internal bearings and find a higher quality seals.

5. Cam tower leak at 50,000 miles. The cam towers are under the valve covers, and Toyota uses an RTV sealant rather than a gasket. Over time, the sealant wears down and causes the cam towers to develop oil leaks. The leaks usually start towards the rear of the Toyota cam towers and allows oil to drip onto the extremely hot exhaust manifold. As such, it’s an important issue to fix since it can cause fire and safety hazards. Again, the cam tower leaks are actually a pretty common problem on the Toyota 5.7 engine. Look for issues to pop up in the 50,000 to 100,000 mile ballpark.

Hey everyone! Been lurking for a while but finally, after years of 4runners and Tacomas, getting to a point where I may be able to pick up a LC. Test drove a used 2016 (my first) the other day with ~100k on it which felt.... loose (or more wobbly than expected may be the best way to explain it). In any case, hoping to drive a few more as I’ve loved the looks 200 series for years!

After years of GLS450 and GLS550 Mercs, we're back to the Land Cruiser fold - just picked up a 2018 LC this week...57k miles, CPO, bought the extended warranty too. (Crazy market for young-ish used LCs right now, as everyone knows.)

Planning on keeping this one for the long haul, unlike our 2009, which we sold after ~2 years. It will be a daily driver / mall cruiser mostly, but with road trips, ski weekends, and oversand on Cape Cod sprinkled in for fun. Wife already says she remembers why she liked it so much.

Now looking at getting a second set of wheels (TRD Pro BBS? Method? Others?) and winter tires....

IMG_3941.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom