Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First post here on Mud! Have been lurking for a few years now. Bought a '13 LX570 as my DD. Looking to now buy a 100-series to outfit for overlanding adventures. Or even a turnkey one would be great since their is such a short supply of parts!

Hello All, this is my first post. I just picked up my 2013 LC with only 55k miles and a full and complete service history. Working on fully rust proofing the underbody this week and then looking for new tires and possibly new wheels. The forum has been an amazing resource as we shopped and eventually found our LC.

tempImaget2LClR.jpg

Hey all, new to the forum and very excited to add a new 200 series platform to our family for adventuring. Finally back into a Landcruiser (LX570) after selling "the one that got away" in college (I was a dumb kid). Here are a couple pics, then and now.

Previous Toyota products include lifted Tundra, T4R Off Road Premium, Taco and of course my old 1970 FJ40.

Excited to be here, read and learn. If I'm doing something wrong or in the wrong spot just let me know, no ego.

IMG_0996 2.jpg

IMG_1249.JPG.jpeg

Hey all, been lurking here the past few months as I was doing research before buying my first Land Cruiser. Growing up my dad had an old FJ we would cruise around in and more recently my brother has an 80. I just picked up this grey 200 and am looking forward to making it my own over the years!

IMG_0855.jpg

Howdy, everyone. Long time lurking guest, first-time post. I finally found free time to post this intro. First and most important, a shout out and huge thank you to all the contributors who make this site so invaluable — to those of us who were newbs and for the really technical info that keep us coming back. Back in early 2019, I pounced on a black & black 2018 LC in Houston, TX with only 5,000 miles, trading in my trusty 2013 Tundra. Now my LC has just over 36k, so new shoes are on the shopping list…which will lead to other goodies, I’m sure. Anyway, I had been reading about LCs on this site for months (maybe years?) before I bought mine. Then in May 2021, I also scored a new ’21 GX460 for my wife’s DD - and now like so many of us, I need a “My other car is also a Land Cruiser” sticker. I love driving both - different yet the same in many ways.

After all that time as a guest, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum. In August, during a vacation in Telluride, CO with the family, we were climbing up Imogene Pass on a beautiful day in our (100% stock) 2018 LC. I pulled off to allow an oncoming late model white 200 to pass coming down. The other driver paused and we chatted for a minute while I admired his sliders. Lo and behold, about seven or eight other LCs came rolling by - another 200, one or two 100’s, a GX or two, a really nice FJ80 - everyone said hello and waved. I even fist-bumped a passenger dog as his right-driver passed us. One of these cruisers had an IH8MUD front plate. So on we went - posed at the top for this pic - then stopped for a late lunch at the Ouray Brewery. I was stunned at the array of terrific LCs parked along the streets - that is, it all made sense once we realized we had stumbled into the 2021 LCDC! So, I checked the LCDC 7 forum from the rooftop bar and decided it was time to join. It took a while, but here we go. Say hi if we met that day - I was too busy driving to take detailed notes. :)

See you in the forums. Looking forward to it. -JT

2HundyImogene.jpg

Hi everyone.
This my first post on this forum.
I had a Pajero for 10+ years and in December 2020 I went looking for a LC200 in Sydney. I wanted GXL and wandered past a few dealers who had no stock before finding one in Chatswood. They had a white GXL with KDSS ... just what I wanted. I put down a deposit, sight unseen, and ordered a GVM upgrade. So I didn't get to even sit in the car for 6 weeks after I ordered it. That was the lucky part however, because the next 10 months with lockdown and shortages have been really trying.
I had Toyota fit a tow bar, and then did manage to get TJM to do the GVM upgrade and fit a Bull Bar, dual battery. At this point I ordered a drawer unit, dual real wheel carriers and cargo barrier. When the carrier finally arrived 5 months later the left hand part did not fit. I then had to wait another two months to get a replacement carrier, which also did not fit. All this during lockdown and having to sort of sneak across Sydney to get it fitted. I also had ARB fit a big fuel tank. At this stage I am still awaiting drawer components, compressor and Cargo Barrier.
Of course during over a 100 days of lockdown I couldn't go anywhere anyway!!
I also had the factory head unit swapped out for an Alpine unit with the Hema maps. I have done just over 3000km in 10 months, so have not tested the Hema maps yet.
I love driving the car. It is just magic. The ride is beautiful and it actually corners really well.
One thing I have noticed with the head unit is that the radio is pretty weak. I will have to get them to check the antenna connection.
As for the car itself, I think the stock gearbox is just crazy. Why does it drop into 4th when you shift to "sport" or whatever it is. The Pajero gearbox was much more sensible. The lockup seems way too high. I won't get a lockup kit until I am near the end of warranty.
The brakes are stunning. And I have to stop myself going into "power" mode. The car seems to just take off and can see speeding tickets ahead.
As for getting the tyres dirty, I did manage to go out the Mount Hay road just before lockdown. Hardly a test!

IMG_2693 2.jpg

Hi everyone.
This my first post on this forum.
I had a Pajero for 10+ years and in December 2020 I went looking for a LC200 in Sydney. I wanted GXL and wandered past a few dealers who had no stock before finding one in Chatswood. They had a white GXL with KDSS ... just what I wanted. I put down a deposit, sight unseen, and ordered a GVM upgrade. So I didn't get to even sit in the car for 6 weeks after I ordered it. That was the lucky part however, because the next 10 months with lockdown and shortages have been really trying.
I had Toyota fit a tow bar, and then did manage to get TJM to do the GVM upgrade and fit a Bull Bar, dual battery. At this point I ordered a drawer unit, dual real wheel carriers and cargo barrier. When the carrier finally arrived 5 months later the left hand part did not fit. I then had to wait another two months to get a replacement carrier, which also did not fit. All this during lockdown and having to sort of sneak across Sydney to get it fitted. I also had ARB fit a big fuel tank. At this stage I am still awaiting drawer components, compressor and Cargo Barrier.
Of course during over a 100 days of lockdown I couldn't go anywhere anyway!!
I also had the factory head unit swapped out for an Alpine unit with the Hema maps. I have done just over 3000km in 10 months, so have not tested the Hema maps yet.
I love driving the car. It is just magic. The ride is beautiful and it actually corners really well.
One thing I have noticed with the head unit is that the radio is pretty weak. I will have to get them to check the antenna connection.
As for the car itself, I think the stock gearbox is just crazy. Why does it drop into 4th when you shift to "sport" or whatever it is. The Pajero gearbox was much more sensible. The lockup seems way too high. I won't get a lockup kit until I am near the end of warranty.
The brakes are stunning. And I have to stop myself going into "power" mode. The car seems to just take off and can see speeding tickets ahead.
As for getting the tyres dirty, I did manage to go out the Mount Hay road just before lockdown. Hardly a test!

View attachment 2813516
Welcome to the forum! Can you describe the head unit replacement, maybe with pics? I’m guessing this applies only to versions without the big integrated screen? We only get one model in USA so I’m not following you on this detail. Thanks

The head unit is an Alpine X90D which is made specifically for the LC200, GX and GXL.
It is a large screen format which delivers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. In Australia it comes with the HEMA 4WD maps loaded. The Navigater is iGo something or other.
It also integrates into the LC200 steering wheel controls and cameras.

LC16-X902D_LandCruiser-200-Series-768x432.jpg

I hope that helps!

The head unit is an Alpine X90D which is made specifically for the LC200, GX and GXL.
It is a large screen format which delivers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. In Australia it comes with the HEMA 4WD maps loaded. The Navigater is iGo something or other.
It also integrates into the LC200 steering wheel controls and cameras.

View attachment 2813923

I hope that helps!
Wonder if it is plug and play on US models.

I had TJM install it but I dont think it would be too hard to do yourself. You just need to know how to remove the LC facia. There are YouTubes showing how to do thi.

Attachments

• PKF-LCRUISER16.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 92
Hello All:

I'm one of your new moderators here in the 200 section of IH8MUD.com which is, ostensibly, the world largest and most important internet-based repository of LC knowledge and community.

I am a devoted Cruiser Head and own a number of running and non-running Cruisers.

My main goal in the 200 series section is difficult to declare in any manner that might not come across as being overly "cautious". I say this due to the contentious nature of discussion--historically--between those whom own 200 series Cruisers (in all of their variations) and those who do not and maybe are here to get information, to see what the 200 series is all about, or other non-technical pursuits. There has been, as we all well know, significant amounts of mis-information and dis-information that has been posted here and represented as "bona fide technical information" about these vehicles that have become evident and apparent as being not only false but, using internet terminology, "troll-like behaviour."

This forum will continue to be an important area of technical information and knowledge. I want this section to be an informative area where those whom own the 200 can share tech tips, issues, modifications, upgrades, etc., without feeling like someone will come in and bash their vehicle and it's value to that individual. This location will also serve as an important location for those folks looking at the 200 series to add to their collection of Land Cruisers (perhaps) or if they are a first-time purchaser of a Toyota Land Cruiser, for this location to reflect the important heritage and history of this iconic vehicle.

I am quite serious about this as I want to make this sub section just as important as the other subsections here on MUD that are at the tops of internet web searching hits and rankings. I want people to come to MUD to discuss, research, and share their information and love of the 200 series variant of the Toyota Land Cruiser.

With that all being said, I hope that this location will suit many of the needs of 200 series owners and potential owners in the future; I hope this location will provide valuable information through experience and knowledge; I hope this location will be a place to share and discuss and commune.

If you have any issues, feel free to contact me via PM or email. I'll be happy to address any concerns members might have with interaction that goes on in the 200 section.

With Best Regards,

Hello All:

I'm one of your new moderators here in the 200 section of IH8MUD.com which is, ostensibly, the world largest and most important internet-based repository of LC knowledge and community.

I am a devoted Cruiser Head and own a number of running and non-running Cruisers.

My main goal in the 200 series section is difficult to declare in any manner that might not come across as being overly "cautious". I say this due to the contentious nature of discussion--historically--between those whom own 200 series Cruisers (in all of their variations) and those who do not and maybe are here to get information, to see what the 200 series is all about, or other non-technical pursuits. There has been, as we all well know, significant amounts of mis-information and dis-information that has been posted here and represented as "bona fide technical information" about these vehicles that have become evident and apparent as being not only false but, using internet terminology, "troll-like behaviour."

This forum will continue to be an important area of technical information and knowledge. I want this section to be an informative area where those whom own the 200 can share tech tips, issues, modifications, upgrades, etc., without feeling like someone will come in and bash their vehicle and it's value to that individual. This location will also serve as an important location for those folks looking at the 200 series to add to their collection of Land Cruisers (perhaps) or if they are a first-time purchaser of a Toyota Land Cruiser, for this location to reflect the important heritage and history of this iconic vehicle.

I am quite serious about this as I want to make this sub section just as important as the other subsections here on MUD that are at the tops of internet web searching hits and rankings. I want people to come to MUD to discuss, research, and share their information and love of the 200 series variant of the Toyota Land Cruiser.

With that all being said, I hope that this location will suit many of the needs of 200 series owners and potential owners in the future; I hope this location will provide valuable information through experience and knowledge; I hope this location will be a place to share and discuss and commune.

If you have any issues, feel free to contact me via PM or email. I'll be happy to address any concerns members might have with interaction that goes on in the 200 section.

With Best Regards,
-onur
View attachment 589899
Well said,
I've owned several TLCs over the course of 35+ years...Just sold my 1987 60 which was tastefully modified and a complete "head turner".
It kills me to listen to the "Enthusiasts" talk about 200 series "not being a Landcruiser" infact I find it more comical than hurtful.
My point is times change and so do our needs...
I've been a huge fan of the FJ44 that ICON builds.
I recently drove one in Southampton, N.Y. that was for sale...Came close to pulling the trigger as this was my bucket list dream car...
Later that night the Adult in me thought long and hard and I decided to go with a 200 Series 2021 Base Model...The various reasons for my change of mind are not for this thread but at the end of the the day the 200 Series offered me alot more bang for my buck if you will.
After driving my new Cruiser to VA this weekend I'm happy with my decision and look forward to having her for many many years.
Thanks IH8MUD!!!
Love this site.
JM

20210906_144951.jpg

20210411_121126.jpg

Hey! Long time reader, just signed up. Y’all have been a super helpful trove of info!

I have a 2009 LX570 I picked up in September with 177k on so far. I’ve performed the AHC lift, spacers, tires, back seat and front mud flap delete, and an alignment.

Taking her from Raleigh to Sedona in December so breaking in/making sure the 4wd low works out in Uwharrie. Still trying to break the locker free from all the Starbucks trips. 😂

Thanks!

Jason

(The pic is pre-spacer, but she looks good muddy.)

D05C6320-E849-4C79-B1D9-B70774FC22A1.jpeg

Just purchased Ursula from an elderly couple in n fla a couple weeks ago. 2010 lx w $195k maintenenced and garage kept miles. Don't think it's ever even seen grass. Just swapped on the 285/65-18" with method wheels yesterday. Been a member her for a while but mostly just looking for help w my Jeep.

Hello,
do you know if you can find the lower silenblock on a 200 series shock with AHC suspension
thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom