Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all. I'm on the hunt for a used 200 series! I'm excited to join. I've come across some really good info here regarding best practices for purchasing a used 200 series, so I figured I'd join up and get more involved.

I had initially been looking exclusively at LC, but seeing the price difference for the LX570 (and availability), I've expanded my search. Price limitations keep me aiming for 2014 or earlier with under 100K miles.

I will say that making the case to the wife for why a 7 year old vehicle with close to 100K miles is worth ~$40K has been tough. So i'm looking forward to getting some anecdotal evidence from everyone to make the case. :)

Hi all. I'm on the hunt for a used 200 series! I'm excited to join. I've come across some really good info here regarding best practices for purchasing a used 200 series, so I figured I'd join up and get more involved.

I had initially been looking exclusively at LC, but seeing the price difference for the LX570 (and availability), I've expanded my search. Price limitations keep me aiming for 2014 or earlier with under 100K miles.

I will say that making the case to the wife for why a 7 year old vehicle with close to 100K miles is worth ~$40K has been tough. So i'm looking forward to getting some anecdotal evidence from everyone to make the case. :)
ditto on the 100k miles for $40k outsider perspective. My Wife eventually agreed to go with a 2016 w/ 60k miles but we had to dig a little deeper than $40k

ditto on the 100k miles for $40k outsider perspective. My Wife eventually agreed to go with a 2016 w/ 60k miles but we had to dig a little deeper than $40k
Same here. Really wanted a 100 series with 150-200K miles, but wifey wasn't down with that. Ended up with a 2013 LC with 75K for $44K (with lots of mods already on it). Haven't looked back...ok, only when I see a 100 series on the road...

6E002A51-7D7B-461D-8949-A7BBDDC0FCB8.jpeg

Hello all! Live in GA and just picked up this 2011 200 Series with 177k miles, big time LC fan ever since I was a kid. Need help with my build!

So I decided to add the black rhino 18s with 275 70 18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Love the looks. Now i need some help/suggestions on what to do next. Below are the list of wants that i need help with.
Front Steel Bumper with winch and light bar
Rear Steel Bumpers with Tire Carrier
Roof Rack with light bar
Head Unit that I can still utilize JBL (current stock one is glitching)
I appreciate all the help!

Hi Onur, thank you for the professional and welcoming introduction. I am very new to the LC community but have been a car guy my entire life. I am looking forward to getting into the overlanding/off-roading community, specifically in a 200 Series LC. I have found with previous car obsessions that the best way to learn about a specific vehicle and purchase one is through an enthusiast community just like this one. I cannot wait to go down the LC rabbit hole! :cool:

Hi everyone! I registered here back in 2017 when I was looking for a fresh Lexus GX, but ended up with a Jeep Wrangler rubicon (received an offer that I couldn't resist). JK is an awesome vehicle, and it's hard to beat it off-road, but I really need bigger vehicle. So I am back again in the search of a good looking LX 2014-2015... under $40k in a good condition

Well, I have been posting here and there recently, but haven't been on Mud for a few years. Took a break from fourwheeling to really do the family thing. Was recently in the market for a Tundra but happened upon this LX570 and thought I would treat the wife. Playing the long game here. I agreed to buy this. The wife said I can start looking for a Humvee.

Fourth cruiser I've owned. 2 80s and a 40.

Hello y’all! My name is Josh and I’m moving from Hawaii to Colorado in 2 weeks! I’ve been driving a 2003 Montero for the last 5 years and I finally ended up selling it. I just put a deposit down on a new to me 2010 Land Cruiser white on tan.
It is currently in Long Island and I will have to have it shipped to Colorado or maybe I’ll fly out to get it and drive back but I’m super stoked.

Its a 1 owner car no accident or anything and was religiously serviced at the local Toyota dealer with oil changes ever 6k miles, brakes done, tires rotated and service intervals done.
It has 87k miles on it and looks super clean. No navigation but I’m not too worried about that as I usually just use my phone anyways or tablet.

I’m so stoked to get it and start off some awesome adventures with it!

Hello y’all! My name is Josh and I’m moving from Hawaii to Colorado in 2 weeks! I’ve been driving a 2003 Montero for the last 5 years and I finally ended up selling it. I just put a deposit down on a new to me 2010 Land Cruiser white on tan.
It is currently in Long Island and I will have to have it shipped to Colorado or maybe I’ll fly out to get it and drive back but I’m super stoked.

Its a 1 owner car no accident or anything and was religiously serviced at the local Toyota dealer with oil changes ever 6k miles, brakes done, tires rotated and service intervals done.
It has 87k miles on it and looks super clean. No navigation but I’m not too worried about that as I usually just use my phone anyways or tablet.

I’m so stoked to get it and start off some awesome adventures with it!
US cruiser with no nav, what?

US cruiser with no nav, what?
When I ordered my LC2010 new, the nav was actually part of an option package. The thing was new ones were all shipped to the states loaded, so if you wanted to deviate from that you were going to wait. As it was I waited about a month or so for a Super White with tan interior to be allocated to my region.

When I ordered my LC2010 new, the nav was actually part of an option package. The thing was new ones were all shipped to the states loaded, so if you wanted to deviate from that you were going to wait. As it was I waited about a month or so for a Super White with tan interior to be allocated to my region.
I always thought the only option was the entertainment package that gave cool box, rear TV and rear heated seats.
So did yours have the double din setup like the lower trims over seas, or still have the full screen infotainment with climate controls integrated?

I always thought the only option was the entertainment package that gave cool box, rear TV and rear heated seats.
So did yours have the double din setup like the lower trims over seas, or still have the full screen infotainment with climate controls integrated?
I honestly don’t know as I’ve never had the dash apart to see. But I do remember that nav was an option because I really was NOT planning on getting it. But the wait was going to be stupid long, so I gave in.

Here is a photo of the the one I'll be getting. It's like said above super white with tan interior. Seems like the Non Nav versions might be sort of rare? or Few and far between. View attachment 2579610
Those fan controls are making me moist.

You can zoom and see dash, no screen at all... It does have the heated seats and I'm assuming it has rear heated seats, waiting on confirmation. I'm really not concerned about a screen or 10 year old navi system, I'll most likely hook up my small ipad mini as a off road nav, and my phone for any directions is good for me. Back up Camera would be nice but after owning my 2003 Montero I've parked that thing in plenty of tight spots with no camera ever.

For the Milage and Price I'm getting it at I think it's a really fair deal, as I said no accidents Clean Carfax, oil changed regularly, new michilan Tires, brake pads, oil change, coolant system and brake flush all within 2k miles. 1 owner and always service at same dealer it's whole life.
IMG_3879.jpg

So I'm looking at Auto Blog website where I can build a 2010 with the options and it's crazy the options. Base Price was $65,970 and then options to ADD

Navigation System
$3,150

• EMV Navigation System
  • Includes DVD, GPS and voice recognition.
  • Radio: JBL Synthesis AM/FM/MP3 6-Disc CD Changer
  • Includes 90-day free subscription to XM NavTraffic and 14 premium speakers.
  • Back-Up Monitor

Upgrade Package
$7,120

• Rear Seat Entertainment
  • Includes 2 wireless headphones.
  • EMV Navigation System
  • Includes DVD, GPS and voice recognition.
  • Radio: JBL Synthesis AM/FM/MP3 6-Disc CD Changer
  • Includes 90-day free subscription to XM NavTraffic and 14 premium speakers.
  • Back-Up Monitor
  • Front & Rear Heated Seats
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Headlamp Washers
  • Imitation Wood Steering Wheel
  • Includes audio control, DSP, telephone control and voice command.
  • Cooler Box
  • Brake Interlocking w/Pre-Crash System
  • Wood-Grain-Style Leather Wrapped Shift Knob
  • Includes audio/voice controls.
  • Rain Sensing Variable Intermittent Wipers
  • Includes washer.
  • Glass Adhesion w/Raindrop Sensor Windshield Glass
  • Active Seat Belt Pretensioning System
  • Driver/front passenger.

Looks like the Radio: JBL Synthesis AM/FM/MP3 6-Disc CD Changer was a 0$ option so this one would have that stereo system but Not the NAVI. Since the one I'm also posting on here does NOT have rear spoiler, or headlight washers or wood steering wheel.

Does show Bluetooth phone and voice on the steering wheel though. So looks like this is the SUPER Basic LC which is fine by me! I'm stoked.

I know your pain! I found a 2010 for sale with 87k miles on it for a pretty good price, no Navigation, Back up Cam, super basic Cruiser, but Amazing service history and what not super clean. But yes convincing the old lady to buy a 10 year old car with 87k miles on it and telling her that babe it will last for 300k miles ect is a tough sell. Luckely she loves the LC and wants to get it too !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom