Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve recently missed out on a few HE’s locally here in ATL, so I had to search literally every dealership in the southeast before finally finding this one just outside Nashville...

AFEBAB27-E19B-44FF-A59D-753DA316BF2D.jpeg

913A3C5C-688F-4DD2-BDDB-C102199DCC32.jpeg

0341B5C2-491C-4635-9409-FC85127BE152.jpeg

I'm in! New base model plus Heritage wheels, Redarc brake controller, and Firestone air bags. Original wheels will be for dedicated winter tires. Looking for good modular drawer systems for rear (with seats) and will run constant 12V to back for ARB fridge. Thanks all for the good info!!
Land Cruiser.jpg
👍

I'm in! New base model plus Heritage wheels, Redarc brake controller, and Firestone air bags. Original wheels will be for dedicated winter tires. Looking for good modular drawer systems for rear (with seats) and will run constant 12V to back for ARB fridge. Thanks all for the good info!!View attachment 2671703 👍
How hard was it to source out a square set of Heritage wheels?

How hard was it to source out a square set of Heritage wheels?
Surprisingly difficult. I tried ordering through several Toyota dealerships and they all cancelled my order - even the one where I submitted someone else's VIN, which was required to order online. The last dealer I tried agreed to order them from Toyota, but then ran into trouble when (they claim) Toyota wanted photos of damaged wheels to fulfill the order. Ended up finding a guy with an HE that preferred the similar, black BBS TRD wheels. I purchased the black version and swapped for the bronze.

Surprisingly difficult. I tried ordering through several Toyota dealerships and they all cancelled my order - even the one where I submitted someone else's VIN, which was required to order online. The last dealer I tried agreed to order them from Toyota, but then ran into trouble when (they claim) Toyota wanted photos of damaged wheels to fulfill the order. Ended up finding a guy with an HE that preferred the similar, black BBS TRD wheels. I purchased the black version and swapped for the bronze.
Oh wow. This confirms what others are saying about the exclusivity of the HE wheels. Im sure eventually, people will find a way to go around it or Toyota will eventually let others buy as you would.
Thank you @JAS4

Hi all, thanks for the add, been a LC owner for many years now and finally getting around to joining.
Have just recently purchased my '21 VX and loving it. Looking to keep fairly stock for a little while as is now my daily driver also, as opposed to previous cruisers.
A few electrical mods for touring to start (fridge, dual batt, solar etc etc) and see where we go from there.

Cheers all 👍

20210212_165856.jpg

Been lurking on here for a few months gobbling up the valuable info as much as I can. Picked up a '14 LX570 with @90,000mls. No rust. Had a minor rear accident supposedly.

Already flushed the AHC. Filthy. Changed PVC. Flushed radiator and power steering fluids. Have the oil to the diffs and transfer case (Ravenol and Amsoil) . Have a new fuel filter. Just haven't done it yet. Will do a fluid exchange to transmission also with Ravenol WS.

Runs great. Looking forward to getting into the 4 wheeling world. Was into muscle cars in an earlier life, so I got that going for me. Love some of the builds on here. I wish I had a full garage workshop. (well, I bet my wallet wouldn't like it - guns do enough damage as it is).

Hello fellow LC lovers!
I had Tacomas and Tundras for 25 years on Oahu while my wife had various Toyota and then Lexus sedans. We moved to Utah in 2008 and bought a new LC200, thanks to my wife hearing Click and Clack say if you could only have one vehicle, it should be a Land Cruiser. She turns 13 this fall (the LC, not my wife), with less than 90,000 miles. We try to do at least one day trip a week into the mountains or desert, depending on time of year. We've made a few dozen trips to National Parks, Montana, Washington, Colorado (Yankee Boy Basin, whew!), etc. Stock except for TRD 17" rims with Firestone Destination A/T 2 tires. They are quite nice on the road, and we don't do any precarious wheeling; we'll see how they do if we get any snow next winter.

Snake Creek Canyon on the way to American Fork Canyon, fall 2020
Alpine Utah.jpg

Daniel Summit, before I bashed the passenger side running board
Daniel Summit.jpg

She's been rock solid reliable except for a couple of hard to diagnose electrical issues that turned out to be due to corrosion of some connectors underneath. Both times the dash lit up like a Pachinko machine and it took the dealer about a week to find and fix the problem. I'm thankful that we have a very good dealer in downtown Salt Lake City.

On we go!

Hello fellow LC lovers!
I had Tacomas and Tundras for 25 years on Oahu while my wife had various Toyota and then Lexus sedans. We moved to Utah in 2008 and bought a new LC200, thanks to my wife hearing Click and Clack say if you could only have one vehicle, it should be a Land Cruiser. She turns 13 this fall (the LC, not my wife), with less than 90,000 miles. We try to do at least one day trip a week into the mountains or desert, depending on time of year. We've made a few dozen trips to National Parks, Montana, Washington, Colorado (Yankee Boy Basin, whew!), etc. Stock except for TRD 17" rims with Firestone Destination A/T 2 tires. They are quite nice on the road, and we don't do any precarious wheeling; we'll see how they do if we get any snow next winter.

Snake Creek Canyon on the way to American Fork Canyon, fall 2020
View attachment 2707261

Daniel Summit, before I bashed the passenger side running board
View attachment 2707260

She's been rock solid reliable except for a couple of hard to diagnose electrical issues that turned out to be due to corrosion of some connectors underneath. Both times the dash lit up like a Pachinko machine and it took the dealer about a week to find and fix the problem. I'm thankful that we have a very good dealer in downtown Salt Lake City.

On we go!
Nice. I lived on Oahu all my life until I moved to Florida in 2005.

Hello All:

I'm one of your new moderators here in the 200 section of IH8MUD.com which is, ostensibly, the world largest and most important internet-based repository of LC knowledge and community.

I am a devoted Cruiser Head and own a number of running and non-running Cruisers.

My main goal in the 200 series section is difficult to declare in any manner that might not come across as being overly "cautious". I say this due to the contentious nature of discussion--historically--between those whom own 200 series Cruisers (in all of their variations) and those who do not and maybe are here to get information, to see what the 200 series is all about, or other non-technical pursuits. There has been, as we all well know, significant amounts of mis-information and dis-information that has been posted here and represented as "bona fide technical information" about these vehicles that have become evident and apparent as being not only false but, using internet terminology, "troll-like behaviour."

This forum will continue to be an important area of technical information and knowledge. I want this section to be an informative area where those whom own the 200 can share tech tips, issues, modifications, upgrades, etc., without feeling like someone will come in and bash their vehicle and it's value to that individual. This location will also serve as an important location for those folks looking at the 200 series to add to their collection of Land Cruisers (perhaps) or if they are a first-time purchaser of a Toyota Land Cruiser, for this location to reflect the important heritage and history of this iconic vehicle.

I am quite serious about this as I want to make this sub section just as important as the other subsections here on MUD that are at the tops of internet web searching hits and rankings. I want people to come to MUD to discuss, research, and share their information and love of the 200 series variant of the Toyota Land Cruiser.

With that all being said, I hope that this location will suit many of the needs of 200 series owners and potential owners in the future; I hope this location will provide valuable information through experience and knowledge; I hope this location will be a place to share and discuss and commune.

If you have any issues, feel free to contact me via PM or email. I'll be happy to address any concerns members might have with interaction that goes on in the 200 section.

With Best Regards,
-onur
View attachment 589899
Thank you Onur. Looking forward. Happy to be a new member. Had a 1987 FJ 60 from new to 300k miles. loved that LC. The LX570 (with the 285\70\17 tires) is the great grandson of that vehicle and it just may be the finest all around vehicle in the world. Just sayin….
Thanks again!
cycledude
😄👍🏻

Hi all, I appreciate the vast information here! I have finally joined to introduce myself after lurking a bit. I am an old mild to wild jeeper (come and gone M38A1, TJ, JK) and Toyota guy (4wds that have come and gone include a 5th gen pickup, 2nd gen Tacoma TRD, 2nd gen 4runner, 5th gen TRD 4Runner) with some other miscellaneous 4x4 variants over the years, and proud to now be part of the Land Cruiser family.

So the basics of where I am right now. 2020 Land Cruiser. Thanks to the great information here, I have installed the OEM front spacer, had an alignment done, worked the post spacer KDSS lean out, and installed 275/70-18 BFG AT's. The combination works well maintaining the solid ride and is not rubbing anywhere even after several pretty good mild/moderate trail runs for a full-size rig around the Big Bear area in Southern Ca.

20210718_095043.jpg

Greetings ! Picked up this 2018 LC this week as a secondary vehicle and planning to keep long term. I owned an FJ Cruiser from 2007 to 2017 and then leased a couple of BMW's. Recently, I was bought out of my x5 lease 14 months early after Driveway offer me $6000 over my buy out.

Happy to be back with Toyota and looking forward to many miles and years of 200 Series enjoyment.

LC.jpg

Greetings 200 folks... I just picked up my first 200 series, a 2018 blizzard white/terra, couldn't be happier. Super smooth, not a rattle, just rock solid... will probably keep the build pretty mild as we have other rigs for wheeling and what not, but who knows. for now I sure love driving it.

IMG_4566.jpg

This is my 7th Land Cruiser since joining the TLCA 20 years ago. 80, 62, 40, 100, 40, 60... so many memories in each of them, the only one I really regret selling was that 80 series that we took on the Rubicon in 2008, but hey ever onward, and I'm looking forward to the 200 journey with y'all . @Romer thanks again old buddy for the help so far. thanks all, this is gonna be fun -tim

Greetings 200 folks... I just picked up my first 200 series, a 2018 blizzard white/terra, couldn't be happier. Super smooth, not a rattle, just rock solid... will probably keep the build pretty mild as we have other rigs for wheeling and what not, but who knows. for now I sure love driving it.

View attachment 2744436

This is my 7th Land Cruiser since joining the TLCA 20 years ago. 80, 62, 40, 100, 40, 60... so many memories in each of them, the only one I really regret selling was that 80 series that we took on the Rubicon in 2008, but hey ever onward, and I'm looking forward to the 200 journey with y'all . @Romer thanks again old buddy for the help so far. thanks all, this is gonna be fun -tim
Wonder which roof rack you'll go with... 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom