Welcome Ga Crzrs - Post A Pic Of Your Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's Dig-Dug! :D
New pic with lift, bumper, tire upgrades!
DSC04197.jpg

A more recent pic with the addition of winch, rear skids, LCAs and lights...
DSC04336.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not really new anymore, but there it is!

Onboard air
OME lift
AllPro skidplate
Roof top recovery gear box
Indash 7" LCD GPS DVD
ARB Bumper w/ IPF fog lights
Warn winch 9.5xp
And more to come...

Lithonia01.jpg

Last edited:
I met some some of you guys last weekend on Wauchessi Mtn. in the south end of Tellico. We were the ham radio operators camped out and working a ham radio contest. My life is very hectic right now but sometime in the future I might have a chance to come up and camp with you and keep the fire going for you while you run the trails of Tellico. I kinda got my fill of the rough stuff back in the 70's and 80's and plan to keep this 3rd FJ 40 Ive owned nice. I had 72' I bought in 1974 and I bought a new smurf blue FJ in 1977 which I sold in 1983. I bought this 1 owner 76' model in 1998 with 27,000 miles and will need much advice for a future resto project.

untitled.jpg

100_0157.jpg

Here are photos from our ham radio camp out in Sept.. You guys are very welcome to come up and camp with us on Wauchessi when we return in June. We have a special permit from the USFS to camp there and it is a very special place to watch the sun rise and set from this 4,000 foot mtn. just above Coker Creek.
vhfcampout069.jpg

VHFcampout061-1.jpg

vhfcampout065.jpg

vhfcampout064.jpg

wacheesi.jpg

See ya on down that dusty trail ......

Last edited:
wow, nice ride, and wicked gear! So where is that camp in reference to Tellico?

Its Wauchessi Mountain. 35.267N , 84.218W.
It’s not a campround. Its simply a bald mountain top that used to have a lookout tower there and now has a radio tower for USFS radio communications. You are not permitted to camp there. We have an inside connection with the USFS and receive written permission to camp there several times per year for our ham radio contest.
Wauchessi Mtn. Is very close to Holly Flats Campground which is due south of the Green Cove Store. To get there you go 1 mile north of the store and turn right at the green cove lake and holly flats sign. Its about 10 miles back in there. Once you arrive at Holly Flats , proceed on out the road and you will begin to climb. Once you reach the top or saddle of the mountain you turn left. This is a dead end road which continues to climbs and will dead end at Wauchessi mtn. The vista is amazing.
You can also get to Wauchessi by traveling south on Tn. 68 from Tellico Plains by heading towards the Coker Creek community and turning left at the Altoona Bap.Church sign which is Smithfield Road. Go back in there and turn right at the Bald River Sign. Climb the mountain and when you reach the top or Gap ( out west they call this a pass ) turn right which is fs126c. If you miss this turn you will end up at Holly Flats campground about 2 miles on down the back side of the mountain.

cool, I never got a chance to head up the green cove lake road.

That looks pretty nice!! What are your plans for it?

That looks pretty nice!! What are your plans for it?

She's gettin' de-bondoed, resteeled, and back to showroom stock! Well, that's the plan anyway. Gotta learn to weld sometime very soon to get it all done!

That sounds great!! I'm looking for a reason to buy a welder before my income is comprimised shortly. I need to do the same thing!! Thanks for the idea...

daily driver working it

Heres my hog - been working on it with my son... the older he gets the more interested he is about the 40 - . got a 4" HFS installed -- added longer wheel studs installed a rear Bestop seat

last pic is from this past spring... with the HFS 4in installed-- it rides much better:cool:--then the old worn out springs.... I found a rust bucket in the middle of Brooks County GA - free -- front and rear axles, tranny-&transfer case as well as a few other items --they came in handy -- as well as having some spares..
a great daily driver...
Picture 005.jpg
71_fj_HFS_4IN.jpg

Last edited:
First off my name is Kyle. A few of you may know me as the president of the GA chapter of TTORA.

Here is my trail rig:
l_328259bb4a3635a071c78ef62bd5d447.jpg

I can list the mods if you would like.. Right now it's in the process of getting FZJ80 axles put under it. Full Float rear w/ a hybrid 80 housing/mini outers front.

Glad to see ya showing up some Kyle!

Here are my rigs guys. I just found this site the other day and hope to be the proud owner of an FJ latter this summer. I will be selling my red 85 here to get one. PM me for details if interested. -Wes

DSC00822.jpg

oooh nice 45 PU!

I'm not a member of Georgia Cruisers, but I do have a few cruisers and live in Georgia. I'd love to go to some meetings, but living 250 miles away in the Southeastern part of the state makes it difficult. Anyway, here are some pics of my 80 and I'll post some pics of my 45 when I get a chance.

SJ
Land Cruiser 003.jpg
Land Cruiser 005.jpg
Land Cruiser 002.jpg

Up in Rome. I'm hangin with the Nooga crew mostly as the drive south kills me but here I am!

Photo_050606_002.jpg

Engine 006.jpg

By the way - this is not what you want to see coming out of your 40's radiator!

Radiator 007.jpg
Photo_050606_002.jpg
Engine 006.jpg
Radiator 007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom